Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 (56281 Views)

Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode / New Electricity Tariff: Buhari May Face 1st Labour Showdown As NLC,TUC Spit Fire / NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by tyconcepts(f): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2015
CHANGE IS HERE
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by TopsyKrete: 8:25am On Jun 03, 2015
This peeps are just madt, on what ground will there be an increase in tariff, on this epileptic or zero supply of electricity?
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by VhatAmazingDude: 8:26am On Jun 03, 2015
We're repaying the loans as if we borrowed it for our personal use.
But they'ld be giving us power as if it's a privilege and not what was paid for.

Well, pre-paid is still better than that god-forsaken bills they send every month.
From January till May, the bill was 4,400 for every damn thing.
Before, it'ld have been nothing less than 12k.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Kaygee1: 8:26am On Jun 03, 2015
Jesus is LORD
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by olumalcolm(m): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2015
And dis will still b d end product. grin

2 Likes

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 03, 2015
Soon solar would take over!

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by bishopstan(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2015
so the megawatts is decreasing and the money is increasing..........

Nigeria..................f**k you

BIAFRA............I hail thee

2 Likes

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by remmy9(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2015
this is just another means of syphoning
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by chesterlee(m): 8:31am On Jun 03, 2015
Buhari has scammed us!!!
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by henryutd(m): 8:32am On Jun 03, 2015
The changes I have seen so far are towards the left side. Still expecting a positive one.

Subsidy removal.
Devaluation of Naira
Increment in electricity tarrif
Intensified boko haram attack
Tanker burning

All are on left side.

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by jidebaba69(m): 8:32am On Jun 03, 2015
mokset123:
The amount specified for the four discos by nerc would not go down well with Nigerians, as far as there is still no stable power supply in the country. Why are we still paying fixed charges?
we provide our own light, water, school, security.

Very correct. Those fixed charges are way too high. I can't even understand the logic for paying fixed charges its like paying for what you don't get to use.
I think that if PHCN derives all its fund from money it gets from providing electricity then it will get serious about distributing prepaid metres and providing constant power and not extorting its customers with fixed charges wether they provide light or not.

2 Likes

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2015
If there is regular electricity, it is cheaper to use IBEDC than using fuel.

Imagine burning fuel of N500 a day times 30days equals N15,000 plus maintenance making approx N17,000-N20,000.

But regular electricity with N700 VAT plus let's say 50units consumption of electricity (approx N1,000). Total in quote N2,500.

Compare fuel to IBEDC. Which one is cheaper?

That's why the useless government is extorting the poor masses by cutting electricity generation for fuel consumption in order to enrich their pockets.

I hope the new government rectify this issue of unstable power supply.

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by dnuelly(m): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2015
gobizzy101:
All I see is billion dis, billion dat.
Nobody talks million anymore, n still der wunt b light.

I give up embarassed

Mehnnnn... I fear o... Naija don blow o... Everytin they do now is billion... Billion... Omo na God o... Make I still do blow abeg
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by jidebaba69(m): 8:35am On Jun 03, 2015
omowolewa:
Thatz why I told my oyinbo friend that there is money in Nigeria.

We sell nothing for something, just know the government of the day and your investment is in money!

Ask the local viglante called OPC and Tomopolo;
Ask the subsidy guyz;
Ask the Disco guyz;
Ask DSTV.

Just be nfluential, we pay because we must pay, not because of value.

You know what, that my Oyinbo friend came and bought Eleme PetroChemical and still planning to buy the PortHarcourt refinery. Today he is a big boy. BUT GUESS WHAT, HE HAS FORGOTTEN ME. Yes, he forget the source of the advice.

That's life. But what goes around comes around.

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Kusoko: 8:35am On Jun 03, 2015
aieromon:
The DISCOs are not doing anything about installation of prepaid meters yet the fixed charge is going up.

They have a lot of explaining to do when they meet with the new administration.

The installation of prepaid meter,is it free?
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by kkboy(m): 8:35am On Jun 03, 2015
Why the fixed tarrif for goodness sake?
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by mizzyboy007: 8:36am On Jun 03, 2015
hassymo5:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/the-new-electricity-tariffs-from-july-2015/
I miss the old Nigeria.... when things were done the right way... when people still had conscience.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by viktor556(m): 8:36am On Jun 03, 2015
This country is funny. For my household, I'm not sure there has been a month we used electricity worth more than the fixed charge of 750 Naira. Infact, I'm so so sure.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Henrypraise: 8:36am On Jun 03, 2015
I once said in a past topic dat d cabals tryin to destroy nigeria for dia selfish gains ar d fuel importers, its no news dat d current fed govt will cut dia chop in d fuel area, now de av devise a plan to chop from anoda area. BEDC dat distributes darkness is even d highest, I shake my head. Buhari u better act now.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by socialmediaman: 8:38am On Jun 03, 2015
This is Madness! Electricity should not be increased like this, average income per household is poor, what the hell is wrong with NERC and PHCN companies?
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by anthony86(m): 8:38am On Jun 03, 2015
The problems with this Discos is metering .People are even ready to pay #50 for 1kwh if proper metering are done but these discos have fraudulently refuse to give people prepaid meter especially IKEDC exploiting nigerians with these estimated bills

3 Likes

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 03, 2015
this is why i am going to switch to solar power very soon.

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Shadoky(m): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2015
I tink de make more moni wit bill dan meter. dt is y de ar insensitive about prepaid meter.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2015
crazy people
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by loomer: 8:45am On Jun 03, 2015
No be only DISCO, na RnB

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Sunnymatey(m): 8:51am On Jun 03, 2015
This is one of the illegal means use by govt to siphon monies from pockets of helpless poor nigerians, let see how the APC govt will react to dis.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Berrymoss(f): 8:54am On Jun 03, 2015
dammieco:
When God says "let there be light", I don't think Nigeria was in existence then.
hehehe eh. U nailed it cool
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:54am On Jun 03, 2015
godofwar666:
I get no prob with the Nigeria Electricity, cause me and my family has been generating how light with Solar panel, since 2008
Can you elaborate more on the solar stuff
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by theSpark(m): 8:55am On Jun 03, 2015
stinggy:
I can't find Abuja Disco here, is it effective here already? Cos the way AEDC charges presently can give you heart-attack.

That AEDC is the most inept company for this year.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:55am On Jun 03, 2015
henryutd:
The changes I have seen so far are towards the left side. Still expecting a positive one.

Subsidy removal.
Devaluation of Naira
Increment in electricity tarrif
Intensified boko haram attack
Tanker burning

All are on left side.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Aitee1: 8:57am On Jun 03, 2015
Which disco are they talking about here, is it reggae

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Maxymilla(m): 8:58am On Jun 03, 2015
Ehnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!! LAILAI!!!!! DIS MEANS WAR!!! It Can't HAPPEN!!!!!! FROM FRYING PAN TO FIRE!!!!!! WAT RUBBISH![color=#990000][/color][b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Reacts To Trump's Appointment Of Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian / Peter Obi’s Degree Result & NYSC Discharged Certificate (Photos) / Banky W, Obanikoro Lose As Labour Party Wins Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.