Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Sql Tutorials - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Sql Tutorials (1853 Views)

Help!!! Login Failed For User in SQL Server / How To Connect Vb.net Windows Application To Php And My Sql Database / Oracle Vs Sql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sql Tutorials by Zule(m): 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2006
pls SQL GURU'S
it's high time u guys start up a Sql tutorial in this forum Segun, Subcareer and other
pls it's high time
don't refer me to any site just try and organize a turorial in this forum
Re: Sql Tutorials by alexis(m): 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2006
mysql?
Re: Sql Tutorials by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2006
it's good that you are interested in sql server it's the next easiest language after HTML. i guess you have a version of sql server running on your pc. what type do you have so i cud know what to do
Re: Sql Tutorials by candylips(m): 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2006
what do u wanna learn in sql
Re: Sql Tutorials by Zule(m): 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2006
hi,
i am interested in MYSQL to be precised
From the beginning
what newbiees most know
Getting started
where to implement the program and many more,
Re: Sql Tutorials by candylips(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2006
there are lots of materials online for that. just google for it
Re: Sql Tutorials by alexis(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2006
Zule,

Ok then - mysql is a good program and learning it is not difficult. I will assume that:

1. You have mysql installed already, if not, let me know.
2. You know how to access mysql from the command prompt in Windows or the shelll in unix, if not, let me know.

Depending on the version of mysql you downloaded, I will give you the link the mysql documentation, you can download the documetation for the version you installed; http://dev.mysql.com/doc/

Let me know if you need any other thing.
Re: Sql Tutorials by myibnosen(m): 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2011
pls how can i get to my sql through my promt command or through opening a terminal in linux operating system
Re: Sql Tutorials by Afam4eva(m): 8:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
I think you should just learn plain SQL and apply it to th application you want to use, be it SQLserver, MySQL, Oracle etc.
Re: Sql Tutorials by dhtml1(m): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2011
I learnt MySQL. And later on when i learnt MSSQL and Oracle SQL - i had no issues. Anyone you learn will still contain the DMLs and DDLs - all na the same,
you will still join this and join that. . . .
Re: Sql Tutorials by naijaswag1: 11:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
learn sql (structured query language) ansi standard and you will be good with all relational databases including mysql,oracle,ms sql,ibm udb,postgresql,apache hb,derby etc.this means that you will have a relational database that is one of those i mentioned earlier installed because sql runs inside them.you will basically learn the dmls,ddl,dcls and transaction control statements of sql and you will be good.

If you basically want to learn from online,you will have to google alot,you cannot avoid that.
Re: Sql Tutorials by dhtml1(m): 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2011
I presume everyone is sharing their experience here. THere are many approaches, just pick one.
Re: Sql Tutorials by Maleeq(m): 10:09am On Dec 02, 2011
I really was hoping to find a thread like this here. Though I am much more inclined towards oracle's PL/SQL.

Would be great sharing tips here.

(1) (Reply)

Hottest Programming Certification / Let's share work experiences.. / Www.2go.com – How To Login 2go And Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.