Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop (503 Views)

Please I Need Recommendation For A Suitable Laptop For Programming / Programmers, Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me. / A Good Laptop For Web Designing And Graphic Designing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop by Emperor5(m): 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
Please I need recommendation of good laptop for programming, graphics design and video editing.
Budget 150k
Re: I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop by Paystack: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
Stating your budget will help.

If you don't care about price go for any M1 Mac
Re: I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop by Emperor5(m): 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
Paystack:
Stating your budget will help.

If you don't care about price go for any M1 Mac
My budget is 150k
Re: I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop by Paystack: 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
Look for any windows

6GB RAM or >

2.6GHZ or >
Re: I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop by qtguru(m): 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
Lenovo Thinkpad

3 Likes

Re: I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop by Adebaba1(m): 12:15am On Jun 06, 2023
Emperor5:
Please I need recommendation of good laptop for programming, graphics design and video editing.
Budget 150k
Dm me
I have a dell Latitude E7450 and Lenovo
Re: I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop by bassdow: 11:26am On Jun 06, 2023
Emperor5:
Budget 150k
why not search through the forum. There's been several debates on this.

Only you wan do Programming, Grapghics design, Video editing, shey make I add etc

Anyways, as usual, go for

- at least intel Core i5 for programing & graphics(for video editing, and advanced graphics design, target intel Core i7),
- at least of 8GB ram, (minimum of 16GB Ram if consdiering the graphics design and Video editing)
- at least 14-inch display except you intend using external monitor
- with regards to things such as GPU, do your research if it bothers you (should bother you if you intends doing graphics design & video editing)
- don't bother much about SSDs. if you care, buy like 128GB or 256GB SSD and attach it as second disk. I have SSDs but still use my hardDisk.
- don't bother much about battery life as you could always rely on alternative power supply e.g solar, fosil generator, battery banks (aka laptop power bank)

Just focus on getting quality PC at cost effective price.

Go to jiji . ng , search for tokunbo. Leave brand new alone for now.don't let presense of SSD, or battery life fool you into getting a PC not durable enough.

I have on several occassions, listed how to get the best durable laptops from various laptop brands. I am just too lazy to have to repeat myself once again. Search the forum or look through my posts. if its too stressful for you to search, thank nairaland for being too backwards.

NB:

Please avoid chromebooks, and super slim laptops. programing alone tasks the CPU a lot and it needs be constantly cooled. slim PCs might score high aesthetically, but are of little value to what you intends doing.

Amount of air circulation in a PC alone determines how much of that (powerful) CPU you've got gets used. Make e no go be like phones wey get 12GB ram, but worse pass one with 2GB ram

Also becareful of Core i5, and Core i7 . The age (generation) matters. Even if it's latest generation sef, a CPU assigned M could never exceed that assinged W .

Also same category of CPU chip on a Laptop is never comparable with that on a Desktop.

Things such as Programming, video editing, graphics desgin, etc are better suited for Desktop PCs. Those who rely on laptops is mostly for power supply reasons, than mobility.

Let me not bother about the magics those market guys do.
Re: I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop by bassdow: 11:28am On Jun 06, 2023
Adebaba1:

Dm me
I have a dell Latitude E7450 and Lenovo
hmm
Re: I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop by Emperor5(m): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
bassdow:
why not search through the forum. There's been several debates on this.

Only you wan do Programming, Grapghics design, Video editing, shey make I add etc

Anyways, as usual, go for

- at least intel Core i5 for programing & graphics(for video editing, and advanced graphics design, target intel Core i7),
- at least of 8GB ram, (minimum of 16GB Ram if consdiering the graphics design and Video editing)
- at least 14-inch display except you intend using external monitor
- with regards to things such as GPU, do your research if it bothers you (should bother you if you intends doing graphics design & video editing)
- don't bother much about SSDs. if you care, buy like 128GB or 256GB SSD and attach it as second disk. I have SSDs but still use my hardDisk.
- don't bother much about battery life as you could always rely on alternative power supply e.g solar, fosil generator, battery banks (aka laptop power bank)

Just focus on getting quality PC at cost effective price.

Go to jiji . ng , search for tokunbo. Leave brand new alone for now.don't let presense of SSD, or battery life fool you into getting a PC not durable enough.

I have on several occassions, listed how to get the best durable laptops from various laptop brands. I am just too lazy to have to repeat myself once again. Search the forum or look through my posts. if its too stressful for you to search, thank nairaland for being too backwards.

NB:

Please avoid chromebooks, and super slim laptops. programing alone tasks the CPU a lot and it needs be constantly cooled. slim PCs might score high aesthetically, but are of little value to what you intends doing.

Amount of air circulation in a PC alone determines how much of that (powerful) CPU you've got gets used. Make e no go be like phones wey get 12GB ram, but worse pass one with 2GB ram

Also becareful of Core i5, and Core i7 . The age (generation) matters. Even if it's latest generation sef, a CPU assigned M could never exceed that assinged W .

Also same category of CPU chip on a Laptop is never comparable with that on a Desktop.

Things such as Programming, video editing, graphics desgin, etc are better suited for Desktop PCs. Those who rely on laptops is mostly for power supply reasons, than mobility.

Let me not bother about the magics those market guys do.
Thanks for the enlightment.
Pls, among all you mentioned what generation is the Best.
Re: I Need Recommendation For Good Laptop by chachanga: 7:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
Emperor5:

Thanks for the enlightment.
Pls, among all you mentioned what generation is the Best.

10th generation and above

(1) (Reply)

What TECH Can A Graphic Designer Learn In 2024 / _ / Which Is Better Vim Or Vi? Have You Ever Used Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.