Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Guy Pearce's 'aging Aussie Fitness' - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Guy Pearce's 'aging Aussie Fitness' (457 Views)

Anti-aging : Uses Of Orange Peels To The Skin. / Photos: The Top 10 Fitness Models Millionaires In The World Today ! / Should a 17 years Old Use Anti-Aging Creams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guy Pearce's 'aging Aussie Fitness' by kayleyons(f): 7:16am On Jun 03, 2015
Guy Pearce has spoken about what he does to stay in shape now that he's in his late forties.

Guy Pearce has admitted he's taken on more of an "aging Aussie" approach to fitness. The 47-year-old actor is currently promoting his new movie Results, where he and Cobie Smulders portray personal trainers whose lives get thrown into chaos after taking on a wealthy new client.

Guy, who grew up in Australia, felt very connected to his character, because the star always seems to find himself working out.

prom dresses uk

"I play an aging Aussie fitness instructor. But, then, I am an aging Aussie fitness person," he told Page Six. "I'm always in a gym. I'm a bodybuilder since I'm 16. As writer Andrew Bujalski himself was working out, he said he planned to do a movie about it."

Guy was extremely devoted to the craft of bodybuilding as a teenager.

So portraying his personal trainer character Trevor in Results was a mindset he could identify with on multiple levels.

"There's something about that fixation on fitness, almost to a religious extent, for a lot of those guys, where to me they're hiding a lot of emotional stuff, whether they know it or not," he told Slant magazine recently. "And we all know that if we go through a difficult time in life we tend to do things to assist getting through, and that might be eating too much, drinking too much, or suddenly starting to get really fit, or we obsess over things.

"I get the thing about obsessing over fitness, because I've been there myself. So it was a really interesting world for me to delve into, because it's a world I've known, on and off, for many years. I mean, I won a bodybuilding competition [Mr. Junior Victoria] when I was 16, 30-odd years ago."

http://www.kissydress.co.uk/yellow-prom-dresses

(1) (Reply)

Quarters Of Canals Cause Blood Suga / Photogenic Models Needed For A Cover Magazine Job With A Good Pay / Some Useful Ideas For Beach Wedding Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.