Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Buhari May Head Petroleum Ministry As He Seeks Senate’s For 15 Avisers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Head Petroleum Ministry As He Seeks Senate’s For 15 Avisers. (739 Views)

Osinbajo Seeks Senate's Approval For $1.5 Billion Loan / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Dogara Seeks Senate’s Approval For Removal Of IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari May Head Petroleum Ministry As He Seeks Senate’s For 15 Avisers. by anigbajumo(m): 7:34am On Jun 03, 2015
ABUJA — PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has written to the Senate seeking approval to appoint 15 Special Advisers.
This came as indications emerged, yesterday, that the President is likely to head the Ministry of Petroleum Resources in the emerging cabinet, rather than trust anyone else with the source of most of Nigeria’s revenue, his associates said.
Buhari, in the letter which was his first to the Senate after his inauguration, explained that the request was in line with Section 151 (2-3) of the 1999 Constitution as amended.
The letter, which was signed by Buhari and addressed to the Senate President, David Mark and read at the plenary, explained that the 15 Special Advisers would help him carry out his constitutional roles as the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The letter stated: “Pursuant to the provision of Section 151 (1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) which confers on me to appoint Special Advisers to assist me in the performance of my functions.
“I write to request for your kind consideration and approval of the distinguished members of the Senate of the Federal Republic to appoint Fifteen (15) Advisers as prescribed in Section 151 (2-3) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).”
Senate congratulates Buhari, Osinbajo
Meanwhile, the Senate has congratulated President Buhari and the Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo for their inauguration, saying the Red Chamber will identify with their administration for the interest of the citizenry.
Commenting on the motion sponsored by the Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba and co-sponsored by other Senators, Senate President Mark also commended Nigerians for accepting the outcome of the general elections that ushered new leadership.
Mark said: “If the followers didn’t accept (the results of the elections) the story would have been different today. For the first time in the history of this country, we discovered that the Presidential election is not before any tribunal.
“I think that is a milestone in our democratic process and we must acknowledge that it is a mark of statesmanship and a demonstration of the acceptance of the will of the people because election is not done by just one individual, election is done by all of us who are members of the various constituencies.
“It is not just enough to congratulate President Buhari, I think  we should also congratulate the former president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, who willingly conceded defeat and followed the announcement with a telephone call to President Buhari and also appealed to his members to accept that as the verdict from the people.
“But sometimes the followers go overboard either out of excitement or whatever reasons. I also ran into a group of hooligans when I was coming to the stadium and they damaged my windscreen.
“That certainly was not an act that was approved by anybody. I think with time we will improve and learn to understand that power can move from one political party to the other.”
On some of the Senators that have emerged as governors in their various states, Senator Mark said that instead of looking at the development as progress, in his view it was even going backward.
Backward movement
According to him, “For our colleagues who have gone to become governor, my position is different. I think going from the Senate to becoming a governor  is not a movement forward but a movement backward.
“Well, if you decide to move backward to sacrifice to work for your people, then we should also congratulate them. But I think from the Senate we should look upwards, but in spite of that, some of our colleagues have gone to the states to assist in bringing development to their states, so I congratulate them also.”
Senator Ita Enang said that the change in leadership from a ruling party to the opposition party was an indication that democracy has been consolidated in the country and that the people have confidence in the legislature.
Buhari to head Ministry of Petroleum
Meanwhile, according to one of Buhari’s long-standing associates who spoke on condition of anomymity, Nigeria’s oil sector is so dirty that nobody’s hands are clean enough to do the “surgical changes” needed. Another political associate said: “He will do it. It would be stupid to give that position to anyone else.”
According to the first source, Buhari has still not settled on his cabinet and has laughed off media speculation about figures he will appoint. Joking with friends as he read out a newspaper article that mentioned possible names: “They have picked my ministers for me. Have I even told you who I want?”
“It’s going to be a lean government, I doubt he’ll have 42 ministries like Jonathan but he must have at least 36 (for the number of states) as prescribed by the constitution, though it does not specify whether they have to be senior or junior,” an adviser in the ruling APC party told Reuters.
The new administration had not yet gone through reports on Jonathan’s handover notes on policy, the adviser said.
“There is a huge body of proposals being bandied around the place,” the advisor said, adding that Buhari plans to let the N60 billion a year amnesty programme end in December as scheduled to save money and it is unclear what he will fund in its place.
He has also made it clear that he wants to revamp Nigeria’s refining sector, which declined while the country became dependent on imports for fuel.
“He’s emotionally attached to the refineries because he built some of them. He wants them to start functioning again,” the APC source said.
 http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-seeks-senates-approval-to-appoint-15-advisers/
Re: Buhari May Head Petroleum Ministry As He Seeks Senate’s For 15 Avisers. by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 03, 2015
I heard tinubu wanted dat postion for his person
Investment(Buhari) gone bad

Abi Buhari don get MSc for petroleum
Re: Buhari May Head Petroleum Ministry As He Seeks Senate’s For 15 Avisers. by Anas4sure(m): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2015
[quote author=anigbajumo post=34371762]ABUJA — PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has written to the Senate seeking approval to appoint 15 Special Advisers.
This came as indications emerged, yesterday, that the President is likely to head the Ministry of Petroleum Resources in the emerging cabinet, rather than trust anyone else with the source of most of Nigeria’s revenue, his associates said.
Buhari, in the letter which was his first to the Senate after his inauguration, explained that the request was in line with Section 151 (2-3) of the 1999 Constitution as amended.
The letter, which was signed by Buhari and addressed to the Senate President, David Mark and read at the plenary, explained that the 15 Special Advisers would help him carry out his constitutional roles as the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The letter stated: “Pursuant to the provision of Section 151 (1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) which confers on me to appoint Special Advisers to assist me in the performance of my functions.
“I write to request for your kind consideration and approval of the distinguished members of the Senate of the Federal Republic to appoint Fifteen (15) Advisers as prescribed in Section 151 (2-3) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).”
Senate congratulates Buhari, Osinbajo
Meanwhile, the Senate has congratulated President Buhari and the Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo for their inauguration, saying the Red Chamber will identify with their administration for the interest of the citizenry.
Commenting on the motion sponsored by the Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba and co-sponsored by other Senators, Senate President Mark also commended Nigerians for accepting the outcome of the general elections that ushered new leadership.
Mark said: “If the followers didn’t accept (the results of the elections) the story would have been different today. For the first time in the history of this country, we discovered that the Presidential election is not before any tribunal.
“I think that is a milestone in our democratic process and we must acknowledge that it is a mark of statesmanship and a demonstration of the acceptance of the will of the people because election is not done by just one individual, election is done by all of us who are members of the various constituencies.
“It is not just enough to congratulate President Buhari, I think we should also congratulate the former president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, who willingly conceded defeat and followed the announcement with a telephone call to President Buhari and also appealed to his members to accept that as the verdict from the people.
“But sometimes the followers go overboard either out of excitement or whatever reasons. I also ran into a group of hooligans when I was coming to the stadium and they damaged my windscreen.
“That certainly was not an act that was approved by anybody. I think with time we will improve and learn to understand that power can move from one political party to the other.”
On some of the Senators that have emerged as governors in their various states, Senator Mark said that instead of looking at the development as progress, in his view it was even going backward.
Backward movement
According to him, “For our colleagues who have gone to become governor, my position is different. I think going from the Senate to becoming a governor is not a movement forward but a movement backward.
“Well, if you decide to move backward to sacrifice to work for your people, then we should also congratulate them. But I think from the Senate we should look upwards, but in spite of that, some of our colleagues have gone to the states to assist in bringing development to their states, so I congratulate them also.”
Senator Ita Enang said that the change in leadership from a ruling party to the opposition party was an indication that democracy has been consolidated in the country and that the people have confidence in the legislature.
Buhari to head Ministry of Petroleum
Meanwhile, according to one of Buhari’s long-standing associates who spoke on condition of anomymity, Nigeria’s oil sector is so dirty that nobody’s hands are clean enough to do the “surgical changes” needed. Another political associate said: “He will do it. It would be stupid to give that position to anyone else.”
According to the first source, Buhari has still not settled on his cabinet and has laughed off media speculation about figures he will appoint. Joking with friends as he read out a newspaper article that mentioned possible names: “They have picked my ministers for me. Have I even told you who I want?”
“It’s going to be a lean government, I doubt he’ll have 42 ministries like Jonathan but he must have at least 36 (for the number of states) as prescribed by the constitution, though it does not specify whether they have to be senior or junior,” an adviser in the ruling APC party told Reuters.
The new administration had not yet gone through reports on Jonathan’s handover notes on policy, the adviser said.
“There is a huge body of proposals being bandied around the place,” the advisor said, adding that Buhari plans to let the N60 billion a year amnesty programme end in December as scheduled to save money and it is unclear what he will fund in its place.
He has also made it clear that he wants to revamp Nigeria’s refining sector, which declined while the country became dependent on imports for fuel.
“He’s emotionally attached to the refineries because he built some of them. He wants them to start functioning again,” the APC source said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-seeks-senates-approval-to-app......why nt he appoint wale teifnubu or otedola....bunch of subsidy scammer!
Re: Buhari May Head Petroleum Ministry As He Seeks Senate’s For 15 Avisers. by sammyj: 7:47am On Jun 03, 2015
Good move. SAI BABA ojare! !!!
Re: Buhari May Head Petroleum Ministry As He Seeks Senate’s For 15 Avisers. by 99100(m): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2015
15 aides for what?
Nigerians una don enter one chance o.
Re: Buhari May Head Petroleum Ministry As He Seeks Senate’s For 15 Avisers. by Bobbystanley(m): 8:25am On Jun 03, 2015
This one is a real one chance.

So in a country of 170 million people there is no capable person to run the petroleum minister?

You want to be president and petroleum minister at the same time?

Illiteracy is a disease!
Re: Buhari May Head Petroleum Ministry As He Seeks Senate’s For 15 Avisers. by Segadem(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2015
Bobbystanley:
This one is a real one chance.

So in a country of 170 million people there is no capable person to run the petroleum minister?

You want to be president and petroleum minister at the same time?

Illiteracy is a disease!
who is illiterate?
Re: Buhari May Head Petroleum Ministry As He Seeks Senate’s For 15 Avisers. by bjoyoyo: 9:32am On Jun 03, 2015
i support that if it can bring early better change

(1) (Reply)

FFK Controversial Tweet In Response To The New Bill Passed By The Senate / Stolen Assets Recovery: Buhari Demands Fuel Imports From Oil Marketers Implicate / EXCLUSIVE: The Big Fraud In American Embassy …how They Rip Off Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.