Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line (2901 Views)

Nigerian Lady Loses A Prospective Job Because Of “K” / Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience / Getting A Job Is Hard In This Country Oo( ladies pls be careful) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2015
Hello Everyone - Name is tobi ayeni aka MissTechy and this post was gotten from MissTechy dot com

What if we wake up to discover that someone has invented a Robot that can help companies save cost and get the best at the same time? What happens when technology advances so far ahead that Machines can perform all human labor? We can already see the signs with the rise of automated cars and Robots chefs.

To answer these questions, NPR created a helpful tool that examines the chances of you losing your job to a Robot. The data used was gotten from an automation prospects from an Oxford University study called “The Future of Employment: How Susceptible Are Jobs to Computerisation?” It took into consideration these questions:

Do you need to come up with clever solutions in your organization?
Are you required to personally help others?
Does your job require you to squeeze into small spaces?
Does your job require negotiation?
It used these questions and other algorithms to finalize on its assessment. I took the liberty of picking 16 popular jobs in the country,

Are we’re going to experience the greatest unemployment crisis in human history? probably not anytime soon, but don’t be caught unawares when it eventually happens.

1. ACCOUNTANTS AND AUDITORS
I’ve been a firm believer that someday Robots would replace accountants – According to the quiz, Accountants and auditors have a 93.5% of being replaced by Robots.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 11:54am On Jun 03, 2015
2. MECHANICAL ENGINEERS
I don’t know why this job has a low chance of being replaced by a Robot but Mechanical Engineers you are in luck, you won’t be replaced soon.

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 11:55am On Jun 03, 2015
3. ACTORS
Nollywood, Hollywood, and Bollywood fans, start getting ready to see robots act your favorite movies hehe.

COMPUTER PROGRAMMERS
Hey don’t you think this should be lower? I think so too, but the researchers believe that computer programmers have 48.1% chance of being replaced by Robots – who creates the Robots to begin with

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 11:55am On Jun 03, 2015
4. MUSICIANS
Now this one I don’t quite agree, who wants to listen to a Robot sing but the quiz is of the opinion that musicians have a 7.4% chance of being replaced by a robot , In my opinion, this should be 1%

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 11:56am On Jun 03, 2015
5. CLEANERS:
Now this one I quite agree with, though I would have preferred a higher rate as I am of the opinion that with the rate things are going, we would no longer need cleaners in our homes

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by Cpumping(m): 11:59am On Jun 03, 2015
dey can neva take over my job lai lai
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
8. PHARMACIST
Those in this job field should feel good as they have a 1.2% chance of being replaced by a Robot.

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
9. COMMERCIAL DRIVERS
Okay, I really don’t think this is possible in a country like Nigeria perhaps in other developed countries, Robots can replace commercial drivers *Trying to picture how that would pan out*

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
10. LAWYERS
Should have followed my childhood fantasy of being a Lawyers.

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
11. ECONOMIST
Do you want to know why I was quite angry with this result? Economics is a really tough course – how do I know?, I took an Economics course in my final year and it was terrible sad .. To think that the chances of an Economist being replaced by a robot is 42.9% is tragic.. very tragic.

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
12. FINANCIAL MANAGERS
Yay for me! As a banking and finance graduate, I can’t help but jump at this.

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
13. MAKE UP ARTISTS
The growing number of Makeup Artists in the country should be happy about this, Makeup Artists have a 1% chance of being replaced by a Robot.

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
15. FASHION MODELS
Okay this would be HILARIOUS, just picture robots walking on the runway, H I L A R I O U S

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
We all know that it would take a while before this can be possible in Nigeria, but I'd want to make an appeal to everyone to try and equip themselves with whatever tech skills they can latch onto - seeing that the world is already moving into the technology phase

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by RobinHez(m): 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
haha...some droids are more beautifull than humans o grin
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by linnyx: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
Na to repackage o shocked
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by heneversleep: 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hope these ones won't be built with feelings attached. I don't want CHITI kind of robots, lol smiley
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by tolu4you: 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
till then..... maybe in next generation. proudly photographer/economist.

1 Like

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by chuks87(m): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2015
hmmm... Computer Programmers shouldnt be there... will Robot gonna replace its creator?
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
chuks87:
hmmm... Computer Programmers shouldnt be there... will Robot gonna replace its creator?

That is what I asked myself
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by spoilerx: 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
Did you conduct any form of research??
where did you get your statistics from?
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
spoilerx:
Did you conduct any form of research??

where did you get your statistics from?

As written in the article NPR conducted the research themselves. - the link is here : www.npr.org/sections/money/2015/05/21/408234543/will-your-job-be-done-by-a-machine
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by AAinEqGuinea: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is a joke right?

You think a robot can replace Seun? cool
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
This is a joke right?

You think a robot can replace Seun? cool

Lol
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by TheSureBabe: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by spoilerx: 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
MissTechy:

As written in the article NPR conducted the research themselves. - the link is here : www.npr.org/sections/money/2015/05/21/408234543/will-your-job-be-done-by-a-machine

okay, so na copy & paste
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by Bolt3(m): 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
very true all, jobs will eventually be replace when we reach singularity.
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by Dmayor7(m): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2015
Bolt3:
very true all, jobs will eventually be replace when we reach singularity.

I am sorry to say this....

Thats a big lie of the year!....hahahaaaa

See, how do you believe it?...

A robot can never be better than its creator. In other ways, are you better than God who created you?

A robot can help but can't replace.

A robot can is interlligent up to the level of programs inside it, while a human can learn, expand in knowledge all by himself.

Do you know that your laptop is also a robot? Yeah it is....

And do you know of the phrase "garbage in garbage out"?

Pew! A robot will continue doing the wrong thing if the wrong programs is inputed or if it gets a touch of digital malaria, but a human will reason, tweak and make some changes when things aren't going the way it ought and used to go.

Without a human supervisor a robot can not work effectively i say unto you!

Hahhahaa an there is one other thing i fear o....

Guy u fit build a robot and program am, and one day em go get a touch of digital kolomental, now you come waka come as oga at the top, and come shout....Wilfred! Take that hammer up and keep it in its place. The thing go take am up, turn round, look u for eyes then come knack you akpako for head..... Shm...serve you right....you wan create robot.....mathematical wizard style abi?

1 Like

Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by MissTechy(f): 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
spoilerx:

okay, so na copy & paste

FYI - I don't copy and paste smiley
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
I'm safe
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by spoilerx: 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
MissTechy:

FYI - I don't copy and paste smiley

you also don't lie .
Re: Robots May Soon Take Over Our Jobs,See If Ur Prospective Job is on the Line by Bolt3(m): 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dmayor7:

I am sorry to say this....

Thats a big lie of the year!....hahahaaaa

See, how do you believe it?...

A robot can never be better than its creator. In other ways, are you better than God who created you?

A robot can help but can't replace.

A robot can is interlligent up to the level of programs inside it, while a human can learn, expand in knowledge all by himself.

Do you know that your laptop is also a robot? Yeah it is....

And do you know of the phrase "garbage in garbage out"?

Pew! A robot will continue doing the wrong thing if the wrong programs is inputed or if it gets a touch of digital malaria, but a human will reason, tweak and make some changes when things aren't going the way it ought and used to go.

Without a human supervisor a robot can not work effectively i say unto you!

Hahhahaa an there is one other thing i fear o....

Guy u fit build a robot and program am, and one day em go get a touch of digital kolomental, now you come waka come as oga at the top, and come shout....Wilfred! Take that hammer up and keep it in its place. The thing go take am up, turn round, look u for eyes then come knack you akpako for head..... Shm...serve you right....you wan create robot.....mathematical wizard style abi?
Thats is the problem, you are not thinking outside the box. What if we program a robot to learn. All the problems associted with programming lives and he robot actually understands what he is doing. Believe it or not scientists are working on that right now and they have made alot of progress.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chokhmah International Academy Job Vacancies (8 Positions) / Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Springbank) / Has Any One Gotten A Job Tru Joberman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.