Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill (21889 Views)

11-Year-Old Girl With Massive Boobs In Sierra Leone Cries For Help (photos) / Researchers Searching For Volunteers To Infect With Zika Virus - Photo / Nigerian Volunteers Return From Ebola-stricken Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by Alhkerimu(m): 1:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
GOOD FOR THEM
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by treasuredm(f): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is d height of injustice... I can't imagine y some of these govt officials behave d way they do... They sideline money that belong to others hu can risk their lives for humanity, while they themselves can't even dream of anyone else but themselves... I pray this news gets to d relevant authorities..
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by dounleedee: 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
loomer:
Na volunteers them call themselves, as them don leave the ebola region, why dem no go house rather than go hotel?

They are expected to be quarantined at the hotel till they are certified as free of Ebola before reintegration back to the society at large.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by hybridtm(m): 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
loomer:
Na volunteers them call themselves, as them don leave the ebola region, why dem no go house rather than go hotel?

Guy but u dull shia ....u read d story atall....anoda material wai dem for use take block erosion for warri

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by AreaFada2: 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
loomer:

Did you read the article?

Volunteers have to be quarantined for 21 days upon return.
Even though I doubt if hotels are the best places to house them for that period.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
This kind of thing would only discourage other voluteers.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by grandstar(m): 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2015
Why will someone put off his phone!Its so annoying. It makes you look irresponsible.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by sleemoon(m): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
fckmn24seg:

First to like sef na part of it cool
Abi ooo. Help me tell am
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by loomer: 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
AreaFada2:

Did you read the article?

Volunteers have to be quarantined for 21 days upon return.
Even though I doubt if hotels are the best places to house them for that period.

And na hotel dem de quarantine people?
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by loomer: 2:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
dounleedee:

They are expected to be quarantined at the hotel till they are certified as free of Ebola before reintegration back to the society at large.

I neva ever hear say dem de quarantine people for hotel unless na there d disease start from.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by loomer: 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
hybridtm:

Guy but u dull shia ....u read d story atall....anoda material wai dem for use take block erosion for warri

For ur mind u de smart?

Tell me how dem go leave quarantine facilities and say na hotel dem wan put people for quarantine?
What if them truly de carry the disease, na how dem wan protect staffs and other customer?
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by AreaFada2: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
loomer:

And na hotel dem de quarantine people?

Nor be so una country dey? How officials go take chop money if they chose a cheaper option? grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by samplet(f): 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
things like this is the reason you hardly see people showing kindness without collecting pay, voluntary work paid with humiliation, too bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by loomer: 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
AreaFada2:

Nor be so una country dey? How officials go take chop money if they chose a cheaper option? grin cheesy

Now u are talking. Cos me no see any reason why dem no either de hospital or go home
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
With what was going on in their home country, they should've gone with plan-B.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by AreaFada2: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
loomer:

Now u are talking. Cos me no see any reason why dem no either de hospital or go home

Even in my first post I wrote "Even though I doubt if hotels are the best places to house them for that period".
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by loomer: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
AreaFada2:

Even in my first post I wrote "Even though I doubt if hotels are the best places to house them for that period".

Ok sir.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by Drone007: 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/184272-scandal-nigerian-volunteers-to-sierra-leone-liberia-locked-up-in-hotel-over-unpaid-bills.html
PAID OR UNPAID HOTEL BILLS SHOULD NOT EVEN BE THE ISSUE NOW. THESE VOLUNTEER EBOLA FIGHTERS RETURNED TO NIGERIA ON MAY 23. THEY NEED TO BE IN QUARANTINE FOR THE NEXT 21 DAYS STARTING FROM THE DATE OF THEIR ARRIVAL BACK TO NIGERIA(SPECIFICALLY TILL JUNE 13). WHY WERE THEY NOT PUT IN QUARANTINE RIGHT AWAY? WHY SEND THEM TO A HOTEL? THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS MATTER REALLY. AND THESE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ENTERING AIRPLANES, MIXING WITH THE PUBLIC, BUT WITHOUT THE RELEVANT NIGERIAN HEALTH AUTHORITIES CLEARING THEM OF EBOLA? IS THE PUBLIC HEALTH OF NIGERIANS NOT BEING THREATENED? IS THIS NOT OPENING NIGERIA UP TO ANOTHER ROUND OF EBOLA OUTBREAK?
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by baysol: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
other Africans way of saying thank you. Nigeria still they fall into this mumu trap everytime. Volunteers that are not paid and the attendant risk to self and the larger population in Nigeria? Is it too much for host nation to show some courtesy and foot the bills without this much embarrassment?
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by calitosprince(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
greatest embarrassment ever no one would ever wish for such our govt should wake up past or present i don't care save us this disgrace
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by nonjebose(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
hybridtm:

See finishing! Really, we need to read well,before commenting. Dangote foundation donated 60 mill, yet ministry officials are fighting on the mode of payment. MOH seems to have a way of siphoning money.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by cococandy(f): 3:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
Whoever is responsible for disbursing their fund should be arrested and disgraced.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by nonjebose(m): 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2015
cococandy:
Whoever is responsible for disbursing their fund should be arrested and disgraced.
I concur. They are switching off their phones, and oga Awute is begging hotel officials to save him the embarrassment
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by cococandy(f): 3:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
nonjebose:
I concur. They are switching off their phones, and oga Awute is begging hotel officials to save him the embarrassment
our fellow Nigerians are horrible people.
All they do is blame the government but will never do what they are assigned to do.
I can bet you that money has been mapped out and disbursed to the various agency who's duty it will be to pay the hotels and whatever over there.
But the people in charge of those operations will lock up the money and use it for investments only to release when they've made some interest from it. That's if they even release all of it.Horrible humans.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by Bigdreams(m): 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nigerians maltreating Nigerians.

Hmmm...
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by nonjebose(m): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
cococandy:
our fellow Nigerians are horrible people.
All they do is blame the government but will never do what they are assigned to do.
I can bet you that money has been mapped out and disbursed to the various agency who's duty it will be to pay the hotels and whatever over there.
But the people in charge of those operations will lock up the money and use it for investments only to release when they've made some interest from it. That's if they even release all of it.Horrible humans.

They lodge the money in the bank, wait for d end of d fiscal year, and then share the 'excess' money. MoH is notorious for this
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by NobleG1(m): 4:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
That's what happens when you let a Nigerian be in control of anything that have to do with money.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by cococandy(f): 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
nonjebose:
They lodge the money in the bank, wait for d end of d fiscal year, and then share the 'excess' money. MoH is notorious for this
I'm telling you.

Corruption will go nowhere if we don't begin to hold these people accountable instead of expecting the government to do everything for us.
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by gbodimowo(m): 5:39am On Jun 04, 2015
Redoil:
Na who send una message Nigeria is broke and the Buhari needs the money to feed himself

Sharap tanoid
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by gbodimowo(m): 5:43am On Jun 04, 2015
loomer:

Its obvious u only read d headline ehdiot
Re: Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill by Redoil: 5:46am On Jun 04, 2015
gbodimowo:

Sharap tanoid
Èt tu?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm A Kidney Patient, 6 Years Post Transplant / Raymond Dokpesi Recovers From COVID-19 / Things Bitter Leaf Can Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.