Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 (108461 Views)

Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (4 - 0) U-20 World Cup On June 4th 2015 / Nigeria Vs Brazil (2 - 4) U-20 World Cup On June 1st 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by samueld0(m): 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
Icon4s:

The coach doesn't know anything abt the Brazilian team? Where did u get that from? Didn't they take part in South American qualifiers? Are those clips nt available?Not that he didnt know d Brazilians, he underated them.

C, the problem with this team is that Manu Garba is confused on how to manage the "big" players in the team.
After the Europe based boys arrived the team did nt play any friendlies.That squad against Brazil was like a gamble. For eg the team typically plays 4-5-1 bt jst to accommodate success and Awoniyi he played 4-4-2 thereby depleting the midfield. Iheanacho and Yahaya have been away from d team for some time, these are more like forwards bt d coach played them in thé mid field.The formation practically turned out to be 4-2-4 cos Nacho and Yahaya were making several attempts at goal without falling back to support the 2 Ifeanyis in d midfield. The Brazilians exploited our lean mid field and that gave them d edge.

U can see in d game against Korea the coach fell back to his traditional 4-5-1 & didnt start Nacho & Yahaya. In addition we played with two blocking 4 i.e Idowu and Ifeanyi.

Now when we were already 3-0 up he brought in Yahaya and Success jst to c if he can build on the 4-4-2 he attempted against Brazil.

Your points are noted sir. But note- I didn't say that Coach Garba dosn't watch their clip at the south America qualifire, am sure he did. But the Brazilina team that played at the south American Qualifire is totaly deferent from this ones, remember the coach was sacked 2 months before the turnament and the current one was appointed. The formal Brazil team that was condemed becouse of their defenssive style of play at the South America qualifire turnament. Manu Played all is attacks thinking the Brazilians would want to play their previous defensive style, but unfurtunatly they saw another deferent team on the field.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by wordychap: 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
samueld0:
Now Nigeria Need atleast a draw against hungary, but winning will be beter
Bros its better to draw n come third in d group thereby avoiding German machines grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by franel4NL: 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=Icon4s post=34427063]

For eg the team typically plays 4-5-1 bt jst to accommodate success and Awoniyi he played 4-4-2 thereby depleting the midfield. Iheanacho and Yahaya have been away from d team for some time, these are attacking midfielders/forwards and d coach played them in thé mid field.The formation practically turned out to be 4-2-4 cos Nacho and Yahaya were making several attempts at goal without falling back to support the 2 Ifeanyis in d midfield. The Brazilians exploited our lean mid field and that gave them d edge.

Like Seriously?
But what really went wrong with supersports that even their SS3 didnt show d match neither could Blisz flash us highlight??
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by joxxy01(m): 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
Thought the match is 4am..
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by richidinho(m): 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by femi4: 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=franel4NL post=34430812][/quote]SS doesn't have the right to broadcast any fifa underage competition this year. Get startimes
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Chanchit: 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
No P then, would bathat the end of first half, then go to church after the match what ever happens.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by emmasege: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
Please which station shows the matches? I checked all Nigerian & super sports channels on DSTV last time, all to no avail.
Does anyone know please?
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by EbuGeneral(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
i hope Nigeria beat hungary
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
Op, as someone into football blogging, i will say that your match preview sucks. A little research could have helped. *at the Taranki stadium* not inside. Anyway, my money is on Nigeria to win the tournament. That could be possible if they qualify out of the group. The lads from Hungary are no minnows but i expect the likes of iheanacho to make a mincemeat of them. I'm not raising my hopes though, cause this Nigerian teams know how to throw the spanner into their works when it matters most.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by wordychap: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
emmasege:
Please which station shows the matches? I checked all Nigerian & super sports channels on DSTV last time, all to no avail.
Does anyone know please?
Heard startimes is d reigning thing
besides local nta channels show too I guess

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Icon4s(m): 8:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
samueld0:

Flying eagles has never Played without scoring

Bros 1 goal margin can be 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 4-3,.......100-99 etc.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Icon4s(m): 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
radiokilla:
Op, as someone into football blogging, i will say that your match preview sucks. A little research could have helped. *at the Taranki stadium* not inside. Anyway, my money is on Nigeria to win the tournament. That could be possible if they qualify out of the group. The lads from Hungary are no minnows but i expect the likes of iheanacho to make a mincemeat of them. I'm not raising my hopes though, cause this Nigerian teams know how to throw the spanner into their works when it matters most.

This Iheanacho u guys are always mentioning sef. He is nt even among the top 3 rated players in that team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Niyinficient(m): 8:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
Win, we must win!
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by samueld0(m): 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2015
Icon4s:

Bros 1 goal margin can be 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 4-3,.......100-99 etc.

Ok I just got what you mean
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
Icon4s:

The coach doesn't know anything abt the Brazilian team? Where did u get that from? Didn't they take part in South American qualifiers? Are those clips nt available?Not that he didnt know d Brazilians, he underated them.

C, the problem with this team is that Manu Garba is confused on how to manage the "big" players in the team.
After the Europe based boys arrived the team did nt play any friendlies.That squad against Brazil was like a gamble. For eg the team typically plays 4-5-1 bt jst to accommodate success and Awoniyi he played 4-4-2 thereby depleting the midfield. Iheanacho and Yahaya have been away from d team for some time, these are attacking midfielders/forwards and d coach played them in thé mid field.The formation practically turned out to be 4-2-4 cos Nacho and Yahaya were making several attempts at goal without falling back to support the 2 Ifeanyis in d midfield. The Brazilians exploited our lean mid field and that gave them d edge.

U can see in d game against Korea the coach fell back to his traditional 4-5-1 & didnt start Nacho & Yahaya. In addition we played with two blocking 4 i.e Idowu and Ifeanyi.

When we were already 3-0 up he brought in Yahaya and Success jst to c if he can build on the 4-4-2 he attempted against Brazil.

I am nt saying this team is not good. I am jst saying the hype that some of these players receive is too much.
Eg is there any ball passer among d midfielders like Mikel of Holland 2005?
Can u compare Our current left back with Taiye Taiwo of 2005? Can Ndidi and Bello combination be compared with Apam and Adeleye combination of 2005? Can u compare Ifeanyi Ifeanyi with Sani Keita of 2005?

Most peeps were already clamouring for d team to take over Super Eagles and Keshi gave them the right answer: "Let us see them at the WYC first".

Very good analysis,well done!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by samueld0(m): 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
radiokilla:

Thanks man. I will make Use of your advise and correction neXt time

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2015
Let's hope they win this one.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by totalhouse(m): 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
I'm hopeful, we would qualify from this group...at worst as best losers
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by kliq(m): 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
Straight 3pts....come on Boys!
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by ifypedro38(m): 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
e heeh nah, since their name nah Hungary all we need do as a matter of Naija own way of doing things is to give them hard Gari with small soup and enough peper inside so that their belly go porge

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by humberjade: 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
wordychap:

Bros its better to draw n come third in d group thereby avoiding German machines grin

Even at that, they will most likely face the Portuguese in d next round. So either way, na roast dem dey if they fail to buckle up.

If they are really serious about winning d title, they should be ready to face any country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Superman11(m): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2015
nerodenero:
OP, I share your optimism. Second round loading...
i was hoping they win korea and they did up eagles!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Ayo199(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dnt confuse us o..i tink d match is by 8am
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by GreenlanD200: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
nerodenero:

Against Brazil, we played well in the first half and went to sleep in the second. Against Korea DPR, we went to sleep in the first and came to the party in second. I hope against Hungary, we won't go to sleep completely? I pray this doesn't happen. I believe we would qualify, that I am sure of. Second round loading...

Tis a decider o. It is better we send them a trailer of kolanut now o. ,No surprises!
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by RYANAYO(m): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
can't wait
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by meccuno: 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
samueld0:
Nigeria will take on Hungary in their third match of group E, at the Fifa U20 world cup inside the Taranki stadium in the city of New plymouth.
Nigeria will be hoping to move out of the goup alongside Brazil or Hungary after been defeated 2-4 by brazil Nigeria still has a bright chance to survive the group if they can beat hungary(after they have got the needed win against Korea DPR 4-0) another victory against Hungary will see them through to the second round

Date: 7 June - 17:00 (6am Nigerian time)

Venue: Stadium Taranaki

City: New Plymouth
this would be a very tough test for Nigeria.....if we scale through this match then we are good to go
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by africandictator(m): 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
samueld0:

If you have been following this set of Under 20 team right from the super six turnament you will know they were not overhyped as you claim. What went wrong in our game against brazil was That the team don't know anything about the Brazilian team (the coach's foult) but they know much about us, the Brazilian game plan was unexpected by our team so it was a suprise for them.
But now as you can see the coach has learn his mistakes and you can see the result against Korea, the guyz are just geting beter, I hope you will see the beter side this team against Hungary.
i agree with you man. The team is not overhyped as posited by some.going to 3 finals in 3 tornaments.under17 nations and world cup with the under 20 nations.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by kinguwem: 6:45am On Jun 05, 2015
Which station will show the live match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by FBS: 8:53am On Jun 05, 2015
A must win.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 / Georgina Rodriguez Gifts Ronaldo Mercedes BRABUS Of N242m On His 35th Birthday / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.