Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

Nollywood And Afrinolly Mentioned In 2015 Google I/o - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood And Afrinolly Mentioned In 2015 Google I/o (617 Views)

Afrinolly Launches Africa's Solution To Film Piracy / Afrinolly Launches Biggest GSM Market For Nollywood And African Entertainment / How Nollywood And Hollywood Almost Killed Me! (+PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood And Afrinolly Mentioned In 2015 Google I/o by Orikinla(m): 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nollywood and Afrinolly mentioned in the just concluded 2015 Google i/o. The event happened last week on 28th - 29th May in San Fransisco.
Ms Ellie Powers of Google Play made a presentation on Afrinolly. That is huge publicity for the proposed Afrinolly Marketplace. Please click the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0fcGvnQgLU

According to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_I/O
Google I/O is an annual software developer-focused conference held by Google in San Francisco, California. Google I/O features highly technical, in-depth sessions focused on building web, mobile, and enterprise applications with Google and open web technologies such as Android, Chrome, Chrome OS, Google APIs, Google Web Toolkit, App Engine, and more.
Re: Nollywood And Afrinolly Mentioned In 2015 Google I/o by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 05, 2015
couldn't watch the clip. What did they say?
Re: Nollywood And Afrinolly Mentioned In 2015 Google I/o by Orikinla(m): 7:28am On Jun 06, 2015
shockwave91:
couldn't watch the clip. What did they say?
Watch again.

Nollywood and Afrinolly featured at Google I/O 2015

Afrinolly; Africa's mobile entertainment app which enables users to watch African movies, trailers and short films produced in the African movie markets, most especially Nollywood was featured at the Google I/O annual developers conference last week in San Francisco, California.
Making a presentation at the conference on “Developers Connecting The World Through Google Play” Product Manager, Google Play - Ellie Powers highlighted the growth of the Nollywood film industry and the role technology innovation such as the Afrinolly app is playing in connecting film fans with film makers in a new way that would not have been possible but for mobile technology.

According to her Nollywood is number two in terms of the number of films made in a year just behind Bollywood and number three globally in terms of the revenue made in the film industry. She highlights the challenge of distribution of films in Nigeria; shortage of movie theaters compared to Nigeria’s population and the challenge of piracy in a film industry whose biggest form of distribution is via DVD’s
She traced the growth of the app from 2011 when Afrinolly won the Google Android Developers Challenge Sub-Saharan Africa in the Entertainment category with a $25,000 cash prize to 2015 when it now boasts of over 4 million downloads with Android as its fastest growing platform.

Ellie revealed that the set of features the Afrinolly app offered over the years have also increased. According to her "In addition to being able to watch trailers and other video contents, Afrinolly is now about to offer film makers a platform to make money so that they could make more films." This is huge publicity for the proposed Afrinolly Marketplace.
Talking about the Afrinolly ShortFilm Competition, She noted it was a brilliant initiative to drive short-form content creation across the continent of Africa; contents which can be easily accessed and consumed via mobile devices. To watch her entire presentation, click this link;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0fcGvnQgLU

According to Wikipedia; Google I/O is an annual software developer-focused conference held by Google in San Francisco, California. Google I/O features highly technical, in-depth sessions focused on building web, mobile, and enterprise applications with Google and open web technologies such as Android, Chrome, Chrome OS, Google APIs, Google Web Toolkit, App Engine, and more.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_I/O

(1) (Reply)

Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode 2 Leaked Video / The Nut Job 2 / Davido, Lola And Akon Spotted Having Fun In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.