Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

How Do I Register A .edu Domain Name - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Register A .edu Domain Name (1598 Views)

Unilag.edu.ng And Xvideos.com Made The List Of 100 Most Visited Sites In Nigeria / Use These Search Strings In G#oo*gle And Get Tons Of Edu And Gov Backlinks / Registering A .edu Domain On Windows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Register A .edu Domain Name by bug24(m): 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2009
GUYZ, PLS I NEED UR ASSISTANCE,?
HAS ANYONE EVER REGISTERED A " .edu " domain name b4? how did u do it ?

or if anyone knows the procedure. the one i saw its like they say the skool must be situated in the USA.

help out pls
Re: How Do I Register A .edu Domain Name by yawatide(f): 2:57am On Feb 18, 2009
You probably can't do that directly but through an educational institution. I don't know if this applies to .edu.ng though.
Re: How Do I Register A .edu Domain Name by niyyie(m): 5:38am On Feb 18, 2009
.edu domains are restricted to academic institutions in the United States only. .edu.ng is restricted to universities in Nigeria only.
If you are registering on behalf of an educational institution, then you would need a formal authorization letter from a head within the institution.
Re: How Do I Register A .edu Domain Name by bug24(m): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2009
ok, thanks guyz, am registering on behalf of a Uni thats just starting here in Nigeria. I am nt sure they will like the Idea of .edu.ng and besides, the nightmare i will have to go tru to get a .ng registered.

whats the first procedure to do this? who do i contact first? NIRA?

(1) (Reply)

Lite Alternative To Dreamweaver? / I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me / Block Low Adsense Ads And Make 5$ Per Clicks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.