Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Why Do People Hate Or Look Down On First Class Graduates? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do People Hate Or Look Down On First Class Graduates? (827 Views)

How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) / Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Hate Or Look Down On First Class Graduates? by MercyLady(f): 4:16am On Jun 04, 2015
[b]
Hi, i would like to know. Why do people look down or hate on first class graduates?
Sometimes, it is almost incomprehensible that the next person beside you or a neighbor is rating you down because you are a first class.
Even worse if you are a private university graduate.
Most people quickly point out practical skills as if it can't be acquired by any first class student.
We all know the good guys acquire special stills outside the classroom - which is not restricted graduates without first class.
They can't just believe you can graduate with a first class and also be practically equipped easily.
I believe first class students / graduates are not robots that can be evaluated within a short minute or just by observation.
Meanwhile, with the backing of good role models, personal development, financial support from loved ones, etc. a first class may also be the best candidate for a job both in terms of practical skills or whatever condition expected.
I have seen people who said and wrote that they intentionally doesn't want a first class grade.
I also believe the quality of education system should be reflected in the grades of the student.
In most of the top universities in the world, a high percentage of students gets good grades, distinction because all the things required to achieve that are effective and well utilized and organized.
Bad grades should not depict good quality but a questionable one.
Guys what do you think about this ?
[/b]
Re: Why Do People Hate Or Look Down On First Class Graduates? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 04, 2015
The kind of first class people have these days is really questionable. Personally, I don't look down on any grade and neither do hype any. Experience thought me so.
Re: Why Do People Hate Or Look Down On First Class Graduates? by G12(m): 7:34am On Jun 04, 2015
Omo see gobe

1st class dey complain
2.1 dey complain
2.2 dey complain
Likewise 3rd class and below
Yet people are getting employed daily.
Na who come dey get the job?

OP, don't live your life based on people's judgement. Determine what you want and go for it. If it's not yet within reach, find a stepping stone.

I can't remember the last time I submitted an application after all I went through with my 2.1 in job hunting, and after an employee of a 35k job "misbehaved" I quit and decided to give myself a job. I am earning more than that now on fiverr from writing articles. I have more orders than I can handle and looking to outsource some. My capital were only determination, subscription fee and time. And that's even just a stepping stone.

My only problem now are those who think I still have to go out and look for a nonexistent or underpaid job, when I'm trying to focus.

So please, look within and see how you can help yourself, stop listening to people. They will make you lose your self-esteem and toss you about; no focus.
Re: Why Do People Hate Or Look Down On First Class Graduates? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 04, 2015
That's so true. I will call it envy

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Updated Mass Communication Topics For Bsc/hnd And Ond (unbeatable) / Fun: Let's Play A Game Of Department!!! / WAEC GCE 2015 Nov/dec ENGLISH Answers Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.