Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

Cucumber And Watermelon Riches - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cucumber And Watermelon Riches (5044 Views)

My Cucumber And Tomatoes Farm In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos / I Want To Buy Hybrid Cucumber And Watermelon Seeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by thriz: 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
Lets cheer ourselves with something more interesting, not minding the current security situation. Cucumber Riches, is what i want to talk about mostly in pictures. I was actually trained at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka as an Agriculturist, i have however tried plenty, but my people, nothing be like Cucumber farming. Since I decided to respect my natural calling its been cool.

The most interesting fact, is that it only takes six weeks to commence harvesting, and if properly guided you can make almost a million naira on a monthly basis from it /ha. Today am not just a practicing agro person. I also mentor and assist those who want to start, their vegetable crop production, as we are also into water melon, pumpkin and Okra farming.

My next training/seminar comes up on the 13th of June, if you have interests or want to go into this money spinner, contact me via thrizlink@gmail.com. Meanwhile I leave you with pictures from my farm. And remember when next you have that crunchy bite, it might be coming from the ThrizAgro farms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by shema101(f): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
Plz, is it advisable to plant cucumber during this period (June/July) and what are the things I need to take note of? Thanks
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by thriz: 10:17am On Jun 06, 2015
June or July is the best time to plant cucumber, but August/September will be better for water melon ,if you live in southern nigeria
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by demsat: 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
please where is your farm located?
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by OLAMIMO12(m): 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
demsat:
please where is your farm located?
Pls answer the question. Then check out my profile. see you later
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:34am On Jul 04, 2015
THRIZ.......Where are you located? we are operating within the same confine. Lets get to know each other.

Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by Johnnyessence(m): 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
@olamimo pls which kind of cucumber seed are u using and pls where to get them can one get it in south west niii ur reply is needed thks. i love to go to planting cucumber and water melon i can see u make a lot of ridges. i will soon get 2 acres of land been used half of an acre to plant cucumber and water melon.thks happy farming am following u oooo am ur fans here .my farm is located in ogbomosho.
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
Johnnyessence:
@olamimo pls which kind of cucumber seed are u using and pls where to get them can one get it in south west niii ur reply is needed thks. i love to go to planting cucumber and water melon i can see u make a lot of ridges. i will soon get 2 acres of land been used half of an acre to plant cucumber and water melon.thks happy farming am following u oooo am ur fans here .my farm is located in ogbomosho.

Thanks you soo much for your interest in me. l have varieties of both cucumber and watermelon seeds. l can be of help. Just hook me up on whatsapp anytime. or you place your questions here.
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by Darnat: 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

Thanks you soo much for your interest in me. l have varieties of both cucumber and watermelon seeds. l can be of help. Just hook me up on whatsapp anytime. or you place your questions here.

Thank you for your information. I am interested in this product and will like to conntact you on whatsapp. can I get your number
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by Darnat: 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
Please is there any special seed for max yield to plant cucumber? I am new to farming. Thanks
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by OLAMIMO12(m): 6:16am On Jul 18, 2015

Darnat:

Thank you for your information. I am interested in this product and will like to conntact you on whatsapp. can I get your number
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by Johnnyessence(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

ok bro pls list them for me oooo and where to get them . did u got all these hybrid seeds from IITA niiii hmmmmm. and pls how about the marketing pls bro expansiate it here ooooooooooooooo hope u sell it here hmm.
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by OLAMIMO12(m): 11:55am On Jul 18, 2015
Johnnyessence:
ok bro pls list them for me oooo and where to get them . did u got all these hybrid seeds from IITA niiii hmmmmm. and pls how about the marketing pls bro expansiate it here ooooooooooooooo hope u sell it here hmm.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by Darnat: 2:54am On Jul 19, 2015
Thanks, will chat up soon
OLAMIMO12:

Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by Darnat: 11:10am On Aug 08, 2015
Thanks will contact u now
OLAMIMO12:

1 Like

Re: Cucumber And Watermelon Riches by testimonyng: 8:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
Good evening house.
I trust you're already making plans to attend the first ever Conference on Watermelon & Cucumber at Centre for Management Development, CMD Rd, Magodo, Lagos on 18 March, 2017.

The purpose of this conference is to bring together those involved in cucurbits so we can share information on all aspects of cucurbit research, development production and marketing. We invite you to join us for this in-depth conference on exploring the ever-changing face of cucurbit production.

Theme: "Harnessing the Wealth Opportunities of Growing Watermelons & Cucumbers in Nigeria"

Educational Session Topics:
1. Watermelon Cultivation and Management for
Maximum Production
2. Management & Control of Insects and Diseases in cucurbits
3. Maximizing Yield in Cucumber Through Irrigation and Nutrient Management
4. Roles of Farmers Organization in Produce Marketing
5. Farm Account, Agronomy & Resource Magmt
6. Group discussion session

If you are interested in cucurbits such as cucumbers, melons, pumpkins, gourds, squash, watermelons or exotic species, you should attend this conference. We are expecting more than 100 individuals in attendance, comprising of academicians and students, commercial plant breeders and other scientists, growers, marketers, bankers and industry representatives.

Participation fee is N5,000 only payable to: Ayofolami Nig Co
Zenith Bank 1012464004. Pls inform admin of your payment.

Note: The conference is not a moneymaking event. The N5,000 participating fee is cover expenses such as the venue, audio equipment, guest speakers, cucumber / watermrlon break, lunch, educational materials, promotion, etc.

Guest speakers include Jasper & other experts

You have the opportunity to become a member of the Watermelon Cucumber Association of Nigeria.

Sponsorship opportunities available.

Futher enquiries & sponsorship: call Olaitan +234 817 006 2388. Owoseni +234 802 738 5852 Omowunmi
+234 814 126 1366 or Admin 07032115749

See you in Lagos!

(1) (Reply)

Melon (egusi) Buyers Get In Here / Nigeria First Multipurpose Fish Feed Pelleting, Grinding And Power Generator / Five Weeks Old Broilers For Sale In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.