Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,006 members, 7,810,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently (985 Views)

Could Anyone Tell Me Some Hotels In Obalende, Lagos? / Can Any Tell Me Which Country Nigeria Passport Holder Can Go Without Visa / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by lollypop2(f): 11:23am On Feb 18, 2009
i applied for uk student visa last year march(2008) and was denied visa but was told to appeal and i did,a decision was made on the 21st of january 2009 that the appeal went in my favour and i received my determination letter on the 10th of febuary (2009),and am yet to hear from the embassy and my representative has mailed them a letter here in nigeria and am still to hear anything from them. i have collected a new admission letter from my the school and also my sponsor's statement ready with me.pls what should i do next becos i want to resume school in april
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by MrCrackles(m): 11:25am On Feb 18, 2009
Buy a ticket and go to the airport in readiness to fly to the UK! cheesy
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by lollypop2(f): 11:40am On Feb 18, 2009
i cant buy ticket when i haven't gotten the visa
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by MrCrackles(m): 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2009
lolly pop:

Then go to Tin Can Island and get into a cargo bound for the UK! grin
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by cvibe: 12:31pm On Feb 18, 2009
Crackles,

Stop crackling this girl up.

Poster, to be on the safe side, it's best to defer your admission to a later date as consular officers are often known to refuse visas on the grounds that
"the course you are going for has already commenced" etc. etc.
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by lollypop2(f): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2009
the prog won't be starting till middle of April.
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by meetyommy: 1:04pm On Feb 18, 2009
you are so lucky, send an email to the embassy email or better still call the Uk embassy in Nigeria.am sure they will have served them a copy of the letter you got.
The other guys were just joiking with you, you are as good as on your way to the UK
Congratulations
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by lollypop2(f): 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2009
thanks for the advice.i would just call cos my Representative already sent an email to them
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by MrCrackles(m): 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2009
lolly pop:

I was only winding you up! grin cheesy

You have a good chance now and hopefully if the consulate are not keen on counter appealing, you should get your visa

After the appeal decision has been reached, it normally takes a fair bit of time to round up your case

The consulate will write you and let you know when your visa is going to be ready

Contact them to get a progress report on your case file!

Goodluck
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by lollypop2(f): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2009
thanks for your contribution
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by travelcare: 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2009
I wont congratulate you until you you are able 'sail through the storm on the river' at the embassy. We have seen cases of counter appeal such that an appeal has already been allowed (in favour of the appellant) and a new case cropped up. The appeal was allowed but instead of calling the appellant to come for the visa, he was given a letter where it was mentioned that the visa section has reviewed the 'allowed appeal' and a fresh appeal form was enclosed along side a new refusal notice. The new refusal notice showed that the application was retrieved and treated as a fresh application and it was NOW alleged that the appellant has a case to answer on one of the documents used in support of the application. There are many more of these cases we have received at our legal department but to cut it short, it is not over until it is over!

You can write visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk for updates about your appeal. But make sure you always pray for a divine favour.

TRAVELCARE Consults
Re: Please Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do,i Need An Advice Urgently by Sara1981(f): 12:56am On Feb 19, 2009
i applied for uk student visa last year march(2008) and was denied visa but was told to appeal and i did,a decision was made on the 21st of january 2009 that the appeal went in my favour and i received my determination letter on the 10th of febuary (2009),and am yet to hear from the embassy and my representative has mailed them a letter here in nigeria and am still to hear anything from them. i have collected a new admission letter from my the school and also my sponsor's statement ready with me.pls what should i do next becos i want to resume school in april

The uk is really hard to go to but not impossible. Were u able to show them that u had a supporter living here in the uk? The supporter is the person who is going to prove that they have enough money to support u. I was denied 2 times before traveling aboard to the uk and after my family members showed they had enough to support me i was approved for the student visa.

(1) (Reply)

British Passports: Pls Any1 With Useful Info? / Visas To Australia,turkey,iran,kuwait And Qatar Now Made Easy / Georgia Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.