Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers (647 Views)

I Can Help You Discipline Your ‘powerful’ Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari / I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers / Management Of Ekiti Assembly Directs 26 Outgoing Lawmakers To Vacate Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by nigerianvenom(m): 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, on Thursday bade
farewell to the outgoing members of the House of
Assembly, insisting that he had forgiven them for
attempting to remove him from office.
Fayose said this in a statement by his Chief Press
Secretary, Mr. Idowu Adelusi, even as the Assembly’s
tenure will expire on Friday.

Ekiti State had been under siege for the past three days
as thugs said to be loyal to Fayose blocked all roads
leading to the Assembly complex to prevent the 19 All
Progressives Congress lawmakers from sitting with the
aim of impeaching him.

Fayose lamented how things ended between him and the
lawmakers but promised that they would not be victimised
after leaving office.

He said, “The last few months have been traumatic,
especially this week. I was not given room for
concentration, but I had left the battle for God to fight. I
told those planning to impeach me that they will succeed
if they can impeach God.

“I did not bring myself back to power; my coming back
after eight years was divine. I defeated the APC totally in
all the elections, still they did not want to concede victory
easily until when the Ekiti people rose to defend that June
21 mandate.

“I will now squarely face the business of governance.”
He explained that he would not waste time on revenge,
noting that he was not ready to muscle anyone since God
had given him victory in all of the battles that confronted
him.

The governor, who praised the people of the state for
preventing the lawmakers from gaining access to the
complex, urged them to meet him at Ijigbo junction on
Friday for a ‘victory walk’ to the complex where he will
inaugurate the next Assembly which will comprise 26
members of the Peoples Democratic Party.

“The governor called on the people to gather at Ijigbo
junction tomorrow ( Friday) from where he would lead
them on victory walk to the state House of Assembly for
the inauguration of the new House of Assembly
members,” the statement added.

www.punchng.com/news/ive-forgiven-you-fayose-tells-outgoing-lawmakers/

1 Like

Re: I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by nigerianvenom(m): 6:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
Fayose is truly a hero.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by Ohammadike: 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
Fayose the unimpeachable one

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by elohorayodele: 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
and some people swore he would be impeached once general buhari becomes president. shame on all your haterz
Re: I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by FreeGlobe(f): 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
Fayose, the new awolowo of yorubaland

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by superstar3: 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
If he truly believe in God to shield him from being impeached, he shouldn't have hired thugs to block the road and prevent the lawmakers from entering the Assembly complex.
Re: I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by Yello1(m): 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
d voice of d peopl hav been upheld
Re: I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by erunz(m): 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
if you cannot impeach God, you cannot impeach who he has bless. Ride on d oshokomole both do u. Ekiti is a no go area, agent of hate (APC) should know dat by now.
Re: I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by Flets: 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
ok
Re: I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by Flets: 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
superstar3:
If he truly believe in God to shield him from being impeached, he shouldn't have hired thugs to block the road and prevent the lawmakers from entering the Assembly complex.

He didnt need to hire anyone, Ekiti people were ready to die for Fayose.
Re: I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers by honestivo(m): 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
One man army. Against APC

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Senate Makes Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria 11 Years / Another Bomb Blast Hit Maiduguri, Yola Again / Only Losers Look For Excuses – Rivers REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.