Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road (1035 Views)

Ohorhor Women Barricade Delta Over Fulani Killings (Pics) / Biafra: Court Provides Barricade For Witnesses Against Kanu [PHOTOS] / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by midolian(m): 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
Protesting ex-militants, Thursday barricaded the Mbiama axis of the East-West road over the non-payment of their allowance by the amnesty office.

The protesters, led by the Bayelsa State Third Phase Amnesty chairman, Ebi John were said to have barricaded the road as early as 7am, thus obstructing the flow of traffic.

Motorists and travellers plying the route were stranded as the protesters chanted war songs demanding the immediate payment of their allowance.

But military operatives in patrol vans and two Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) arrived the scene, shooting in the air to dislodge the protesting youth.

The leader of the ex-millitants, Ebi John accused the amnesty office insensitivity, adding that the office and the Accountant-General were deliberately delaying their allowances.

“We came to express our grievances on the road because there are some abnormalities going on. We felt we should come out for the public and the masses to know our plight.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/amnesty-allowance-ex-militants-barricade-east-west-road/
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by Flets: 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
Interesting days ahead

Buhari will end the amnesty in Dec
Buhari will bomb them if they agitate
Crude Oil will flow unpertubed even in crisis
Anybody or group who agitates for resource control will be shot at sight
Boko haram shall down tools shortly
Anybody who attempts to mention Biafra or seccession shall meet the full weight of the law
And peace shall reign all over the country with these suppressions

Sometimes I wish to share in the cinderella and fairy tale stories of some dumb heads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by Escalze(m): 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2015
ok

#legalizeWiid
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by Mogidi: 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2015
ok
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by 9jii(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
Mogidi:
ok
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Ok
Na you i de wait,think well
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by Ohammadike: 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
Mogidi:
ok
Mogidi:
ok
Mogidi:
ok
Flets:
Ok
Space booking is an offence punishable by castration
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by superstar1(m): 6:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
Whose road are they blocking? Is it not their road?

Who are they disrupting their movement? Majorly their own people.

Wetin concern us? NOTHING

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by 7footre(m): 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
It is only when a housefly perches on your balls you will know violence is not d only way to solve issues.... Niger delta/amnesty is a delicate issue and must be treated with caution
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by xpac01(m): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
Flets:
Interesting days ahead

Anybody who attempts to mention Biafra or seccession shall meet the full weight of the law

Sometimes I wish to share in the cinderella and fairy tale stories of some dumb heads
Voice from hell.
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by Idrismusty97(m): 7:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
"Na awa oyel"… "Na awa oyel"...
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by midolian(m): 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
Idrismusty97:
"Na awa oyel"… "Na awa oyel"...
lool..no mind ds pple

1 Like

Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by Idrismusty97(m): 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
superstar1:
Whose road are they blocking? Is it not their road?

Who are they disrupting their movement? Majorly their own people.

Wetin concern us? NOTHING
Abuja is too far na, the nearest place to destroy is our land. Na Awa oyel! cheesy
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by Aegon(m): 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
Flets:
Interesting days ahead

There is no peace without justice, there can only be a brief cessation of hostilities but the cold war rages on. Buhari himself knows this because I heard it from him after one crisis that happened in 2003?
Unfortunately his preelection handlers have already charted a course for him in line with the above Cinderella story.
THE REALITIES OF ASO ROCK WILL SHOCK THE PRAISE SINGERS OF TODAY. Buhari I insist will at best make an average head of state, the odds are stacked against him and I think he has realised it. The structure of the country is geared towards making a fool of any leader. The status quo of our political system is the devil in the details.
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
I blame buhari
Re: Amnesty Allowance: Ex-militants Barricade East-west Road by midolian(m): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
Lemon12:
I blame buhari
no blame Buhari yet..he has the perfect solution to ds problem. Hin jst neva get their time ni

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Only Speaker That Stayed Three Days In Office. (photos) / Is Nigeria's New President An Islamist? / Governor El Rufai Of Kaduna To Introduce Green Cabs In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.