Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,668 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Stars On Their Shoulders, Blood On Their Hands: My Reaction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stars On Their Shoulders, Blood On Their Hands: My Reaction (793 Views)

Shocking: My Reaction When I Saw "Fayose Stops Convoy To Buy Bread & Beans"-Pix / Amnesty Video: Stars On Their Shoulders, Blood On Their Hands... / Stars On Their Shoulders, Blood On Their Hands - AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stars On Their Shoulders, Blood On Their Hands: My Reaction by Penssuwa(m): 6:42am On Jun 05, 2015
After watching the clip titled, “stars on their shoulders: blood on their hands”, by Amnesty International which indicted many top ranking army officers, accusing the Nigerian army of committing “war crimes”, I came to understand that the organization has such an unadulterated
love and respect for human lives and are poised
to fight and condemn any act of impunity against
such.
But why on earth was the organization silent when the boko boys were killing our people and the soldiers in thousands only to surface now that we are winning the war to douce the spirit of our soldiers with threat of prosecution. Who will account for the lives taken by the insurgents? I admit that our military may have crossed the line in a bid to quench the heartless fighters and I stand to condemn such but loss of few innocent lives is always an incidental eventuality when a deadly and faceless group like this is engaged. Report had it that US army killed some innocent civilians before they could penetrate Bin-Laden’s hideout and even killed the wife in the process, but no one protested, rather, they were decorated with national honours and accolades. How many US army officers, or US presidents were probed for killing or assisting the killing of poor people in the Middle East? Oh sorry, the ‘sacred cows’ killed the less humans.
The A.I report says that boko suspects were being kept in overcrowded prison, poorly fed and exposed to diseases with no medical assistance, while the “identified” ones were apprehended and summarily executed without trial. Though, illegality has no support of mine, but the group forgot so easily that this is a war, there was never a laid down plan for the “welfare” of hundreds of people that are being arrested daily, and even our soldiers are suffering from same poor & life threatening condition.
Let them probe whomever that is probe worthy but if A.I were really concerned as portrayed, it should have prevailed over USA to sell arms or allow the sale of arms to Nigerian military so as to protect the sacred lives of the citizens. It should have sacrificed a sentence or phrase in its report to congratulate our gallant soldiers who left their loved ones, wives and children, to protect other’s lives at the expense of theirs. Men who sacrificed their comfort to stay in the bush for months with little to eat while going on many suicidal missions to bring us the relative peace we recently enjoy(ed). May God protect us all.

1 Like

Re: Stars On Their Shoulders, Blood On Their Hands: My Reaction by drtwist(m): 6:43am On Jun 05, 2015
The fact remains that the present administration are planning to play politics with some people to help render then powerless.

1 Like

Re: Stars On Their Shoulders, Blood On Their Hands: My Reaction by modath(f): 6:49am On Jun 05, 2015
Amnesty international is/are high on contaminated weed, BH has a right to decimate Nigerians but Nigerian military had no right to retaliate. . Issokay lipsrsealed

You don't wage war against a people and expect fairness and justice... war is not a clean transaction!!!!

1 Like

Re: Stars On Their Shoulders, Blood On Their Hands: My Reaction by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 05, 2015
A.I are only part of those power house that wants Nigeria to divide by causing chaos between d people, d gorvernment and d military. "but they wnt succeed. "in d region of war, d innocents are bound to be affected.

1 Like

Re: Stars On Their Shoulders, Blood On Their Hands: My Reaction by valmunich(m): 6:59am On Jun 05, 2015
modath:
Amnesty international is/are high on contaminated weed, BH has a right to decimate Nigerians but Nigerian military had no right to retaliate. . Issokay lipsrsealed

You don't wage war against a people and expect fairness and justice... war is not a clean transaction!!!!

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari, Please Look Into This, ASAP / Nigerian Army & DSS In Rivalry War Over Security Of Aso Rock Ahead Of Buhari’s / Caption These Pics Of Pres Buhari And His African Counterparts Chilling In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.