Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? (1343 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? / Tomorrow Is My Girl Friend's Traditional Marriage...so Confused!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by vague: 8:35am On Jun 05, 2015
Have the ideas of marriage by black men turn marriage into something else?
Religion----> broke muslim man will marry more wives than he can afford.
Traditional wedding------> child marriages, marrying to pay off a debt.
What do u think?
Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by ammyluv2002(f): 8:52am On Jun 05, 2015
Well, you're right but this won't stop me from getting married no matter how bad people paint it! It doesn't matter what's happening in other people's marriage what matters is how do i plan to make mine work! Have you ever thought why our parents had excellent relationship? Most of them got married at 18 yet their marriage worked out perfectly. I think, we have missed it from somewhere, there's something we are not getting right. We need to go back to our drawing board to get things right and keep civilization out of it.
Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by SisterCaro(m): 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
I can agree with the certain points
Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by raumdeuter: 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2015
I don't see any of your points that is peculiar to black men

Child marriage : Very popular among Asians

Polygamy: Very popular in Asia

Traditional and religious wedding: Popular everywhere in the world

Divorce abd termination of marriage is even more popular among non blacks yet you must tag black people n it

1 Like

Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by germainediva(f): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
Op ur on point..........marriage in Africa is hell 4 most women
Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by raumdeuter: 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
Yet marriage still ranks top on the list of most women

1 Like

Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by vague: 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
Okay
Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by passionate88: 12:48am On Aug 31, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Well, you're right but this won't stop me from getting married no matter how bad people paint it! It doesn't matter what's happening in other people's marriage what matters is how do i plan to make mine work! Have you ever thought why our parents had excellent relationship? Most of them got married at 18 yet their marriage worked out perfectly. I think, we have missed it from somewhere, there's something we are not getting right. We need to go back to our drawing board to get things right and keep civilization out of it.
God blessings no go pass you by..... You are a woman that thinks with the aid of her head not that hole in between her legs.
Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by ammyluv2002(f): 7:21am On Aug 31, 2015
passionate88:
God blessings no go pass you by..... You are a woman that thinks with the aid of her head not that hole in between her legs.
Lolz....really? Thanks
Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by EfemenaXY: 8:25am On Aug 31, 2015
vague:

What do u think?

Your examples have no bearing on the thread title / topic. Suffice to say, marriage is what you make of it. If both partners are committed and have common goals, then their marriage has a very high chance of working out. If only one or neither of the partners are committed to it, then it's unlikely to succeed.

1 Like

Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by vague: 8:34am On Aug 31, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Your examples have no bearing on the thread title / topic. Suffice to say, marriage is what you make of it. If both partners are committed and have common goals, then their marriage has a very high chance of working out. If only one or neither of the partners are committed to it, then its' unlikely not succeed.
this is true but what i posted above is true as well. with the number of child marriages little girls are forced into, one cant help but think that marriage is between a man and a sexual object not 2 human beings. if its not about having different sexual partners why will someone need more than one wife?
Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by EfemenaXY: 8:36am On Aug 31, 2015
vague:
this is true but what i posted above is true as well.

As was already pointed out to you by another poster, what you listed in your opening post isn't the perverse of the black man but applies (if not more) to other races.
Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by vague: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2015
EfemenaXY:

As was already pointed out to you by another poster, what you listed in your opening post isn't the perverse of the black man but applies (if not more) to other races.
i edited the previous post. i just decided to focus on the black community, even if applies to other races does it make it any better or acceptable?
Re: Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? by LordReed(m): 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Your examples have no bearing on the thread title / topic. Suffice to say, marriage is what you make of it. If both partners are committed and have common goals, then their marriage has a very high chance of working out. If only one or neither of the partners are committed to it, then it's unlikely to succeed.

The basis for any good marriage!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can The Real Men Please Stand Up? / Stress Management / Who Should Be The First Fruit Of The Womb Of Any Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.