Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,741 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Rainy Season Here!!! What You Need To Get Through It. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rainy Season Here!!! What You Need To Get Through It. (619 Views)

Help!!! Why Do We Urinate Often During Rainy Season / 5 Tips To Stay Healthy This Rainy Season / Why Does Madness Increase During Rainy Season? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rainy Season Here!!! What You Need To Get Through It. by brianromel(m): 10:54am On Jun 05, 2015
The rainy season is here again, and you can't find your umbrella.

We love the rainy season, because it's cool and airy, we don't have to sweat too much. Plus we can finally end the daily Night vigil, praying to Phcn for light so we can sleep.

But with the rains and the cool weather, comes other issues.

Colds
Cough
Mosquitos
Fevers
Pneumonia

What's a mom got to do to protect herself and the little ones, during this cool period.

You can start by

Ensuring that you and your kids, sleep under covers when the night gets too cold. Please don't have the little ones, sleep on the cold floor. It might seem like a good way to drop body heat, when the weather is hot, but it will get a chilly later. Concrete floors and marble tiles, drop temperature faster than the human body.

Have a carpenter look at your Window nets or replace torn mosquito nets. This is their season, they usually come bearing gifts (malaria) and they won't leave til they see blood.

Drink more water. The weather makes us feel less dehydrated, because the sun is not always there to soak up all the moist. That doesn't mean your not loosing moist. You will notice you drink less water but feel the need to sleep a lot.

It's a wet one out there people so try and stay protected.

If there more things you think will help people during this period, please add below.
Re: Rainy Season Here!!! What You Need To Get Through It. by ogehomes(f): 10:57am On Jun 05, 2015
I just realized we are in the month of June.
Re: Rainy Season Here!!! What You Need To Get Through It. by brianromel(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
ogehomes:
I just realized we are in the month of June.

Wow, where have you been, or has your schedule been as crazy as mine use to be.
Re: Rainy Season Here!!! What You Need To Get Through It. by ogehomes(f): 9:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
brianromel:

Wow, where have you been, or has your schedule been as crazy as mine use to be.
super crazy schedule

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways To Fight Against Diarrhea / The Long Term Consequence Of Failing To Treat Diabetes / Postinor-2 Is Currently Embarrassing Our Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.