Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana (5958 Views)

Photo: Recent Flood Situation In Benin City / More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / Lagos Flood And What It Caused (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Aringarosa(m): 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
Wow!

'Twas was tragedy of immeasurable proportion.
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
Words of Wisdom. I'm never been a selfish, greedy or materialistic person. I prefer simplicity and modesty rather than luxury. Its better for there to be system in place that guarantees better living than for money and wealth that brings nothing but false hope of satisfaction. You should know me by now
Truckpusher:
Exactly , they do not look beyond the accumulation of wealth they can't expend in a lifetime and build a structure that must constantly create wealth and their generations unborn would still be comfortable in such a country or system.

My take is that most of our people born from the 40s and till the even the 80s still don't get it that the wealth you accumulate today might become useless in the advent of any new system.

Imagine people like King Jaja of opobo and Nana Olomo of Itshekiri that had enormous wealth were to be woken up today and only to be told that brass rods, manilla, copper wires, cowries, iron rods, cloth, salt and slaves are no longer the medium of exchange.They would be like WTF happened ? Everybody can now afford to wear cloths and salt is now cheap? grin

They would be asking about their stash of salts ,brass rods ,wrappers and slaves - Maybe they will even need to sell an entire lineage or village that were the descendants of their former slaves . grin grin grin I pray you won't be among them sha. cheesy

If only our leaders can learn a simple lesson from history - Even the wealth they acquired and accumulated in the West can be used against them and hang them if they become the problem of the West by challenging the status quo.

But let's pray that the greed and selfishness aren't ingrained in our DNA already else we are sitting on a long thing .
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
I expext other African governments to carry out environmental audit on their respective localities to ensure that what befell Ghana do not happen again in any part of Africa.

I don't know why but Africans NEVER seem to learn even when tragedy befalls them. It's so sad!
sometimes I just wonder what's wrong with the black man. $600m was in place for an Accra storm Drainage project as far back as 2012. That was enough to solve the Drainage problems. Here we are today. Cos the money was diverted. It's very sad
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Truckpusher(m): 5:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Words of Wisdom. I'm never been a selfish, greedy or materialistic person. I prefer simplicity and modesty rather than luxury. Its better for there to be system in place that guarantees better living than for money and wealth that brings nothing but false hope of satisfaction. You should know me by now
Read it with an open mind and get the message.No part of that thing I wrote up there was referring to you in any manner that is derogatory and the only part I did mention you was about King Jaja asking for an entire village who are the descendants of his former slaves which of course was pure sarcasm.

If you don't get whatever I wrote up there ,courtesy demands that you contact me instead of this response .well , I will simply take it as one of those days that we even suspect that our dog is stealing from us grin

Abi that girl never gree? cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 5:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
Emphany:
Its time Nigerians beging to see the hands of God in Nigeria. May their soul RIP.
Which God is that This is what happens when people and their leadership fail to apply common sense that God gave them. Or do we need a brain refund?
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2015
May the souls of the departed rest in peace!

That picture of dead of mother and baby is so emotional.

Accidents don't just happen; they are caused.

And we're very poor learners.

Barcanista and Truckpusher, your points are very valid.

A lot of factors were responsible for the accident. The dominos were already set in motion even before the cigarette was lit.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Four Factors were responsible for this sad loss.

1. Poor Drainage system: The people and the government are to blame for this.

2. Poor Safety System By the Filling station: The Filling Station Management and the Environmental Ministry/Agency should be blamed for this. Head must roll

3. Ignorance and Carelessness: The Cigerette smoker is/was responsible for this. How can a sane man light his "smoke" when there is spillage? RIP to him

Africans need to take safety very seriously. We are just too careless and later we will be passing responsibilities to GOD.

May the souls of all those that died REST IN PEACE
number 3 is out of it. This is pure government and people error. The wages of poor urban planning. And citizens not adhering to environmental rules
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 5:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
MythAngel:
Gush please do not embellish the ill faith that happened to this nation, so doing you give us enough doubt about other pictures ensuing from you. .... We shouldn't blow things out of proportion just because you want to attract readers.... Photoshop really making its own news this days
Thank u. I noticed that. People feed on bad stories. Just for cheap popularity and to gain traffic. Nobody paints africa bad other than the black man himself

2 Likes

Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
Lol...Hahahaaha just saying na tongue
That babe matter na Off NL gist abeg b4 the "Buharists" use am against me grin. But your message is so on point! Kai, you be wise person jare...shey you don return?
Truckpusher:
Read it with an open mind and get the message.No part of that thing I wrote up there was referring to you in any manner that is derogatory and the only part I did mention you was about King Jaja asking for an entire village who are the descendants of his former slaves which of course was pure sarcasm.

If you don't get whatever I wrote up there ,courtesy demands that you contact me instead of this response .well , I will simply take it as one of those days that we even suspect that our dog is stealing from us grin

Abi that girl never gree? cheesy
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2015
iamord:
sometimes I just wonder what's wrong with the black man. $600m was in place for an Accra storm Drainage project as far back as 2012. That was enough to solve the Drainage problems. Here we are today. Cos the money was diverted. It's very sad
The black man is more concerned with sex and wealth accumulation. He's just too shortsighted to see beyond the present. Now what is the gain of the fools that looted the $600m? If they think they have secured wealth for themselves then they are the Biggest of jokes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
dearpreye:
May the souls of the departed rest in peace!

That picture of dead of mother and baby is so emotional.

Accidents don't just happen; they are caused.

And we're very poor learners.

Barcanista and Truckpusher, your points are very valid.

A lot of factors were responsible for the accident. The dominos were already set in motion even before the cigarette was lit.
Sadly, people will be blaming the innocent smoker
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:

Yeah. And maybe rightly so. He was the person that created the IMMEDIATE heat source that triggered the explosion.
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Enahi(f): 5:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
Oh my God the picture of Mother and Child cry I hope the baby survived.
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
The black man is more concerned with sex and wealth accumulation. He's just too shortsighted to see beyond the present. Now what is the gain of the fools that looted the $600m? If they think they have secured wealth for themselves then they are the Biggest of jokes.
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
this primitive characters embedded in our dna is what has deprived us from being developed. While other nations boast of modern feats. The only thing we can boast of is past glories . how many generations will die before we see a new Africa. By them will other nations be waiting for us?? there is need to device a grand control master plan. To tweak the black man's mind towards becoming a smarter race. Else. We are in big trouble. Earth is what we make of it.
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Jesusloveyou: 5:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
what make a smoker innocent,that is why is not good to smoke,d saTAN is at work.

1 Like

Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 5:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Where are u getting this smoker gist from. It's far from what happened. The things that attributed to this disaster is

Poor urban planning
Chocked up downtown
Filling station in close proximity to the cbd
The interchange under construction
The Accra metropolitan not draining the canal towards the place. It's rainy season. With a big construction project going on there. Plans should have been set far back to curtail flooding and water passage issues
Also the citizens that sell in the pavement and illegal places. All their wood tables and merchandise will help feed the fire
Money have been given from Rawlings regime to club this issue. The go about with their pitiable story for loans that will end up in their pocket. Seems that's one of the best embezzling methods for them smh.
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
what make a smoker innocent,that is why is not good to smoke,d saTAN is at work.
Sigh
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hahahahahahahaha
iamord:
this primitive characters embedded in our dna is what has deprived us from being developed. While other nations boast of modern feats. The only thing we can boast of is past glories . how many generations will die before we see a new Africa. By them will other nations be waiting for us?? there is need to device a grand control master plan. To tweak the black man's mind towards becoming a smarter race. Else. We are in big trouble. Earth is what we make of it.
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Isoni(m): 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
Deep sigh!
Jesusloveyou:
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ooops, and the OP made us believe that a certain poor smoker lit the flame
iamord:
Where are u getting this smoker gist from. It's far from what happened. The things that attributed to this disaster is

Poor urban planning
Chocked up downtown
Filling station in close proximity to the cbd
The interchange under construction
The Accra metropolitan not draining the canal towards the place. It's rainy season. With a big construction project going on there. Plans should have been set far back to curtail flooding and water passage issues
Also the citizens that sell in the pavement and illegal places. All their wood tables and merchandise will help feed the fire
Money have been given from Rawlings regime to club this issue. The go about with their pitiable story for loans that will end up in their pocket. Seems that's one of the best embezzling methods for them smh.
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Ooops, and the OP made us believe that a certain poor smoker lit the flame
not true. Anything but not a smoker. The case has not been ascertained as investigations are still on going. But the problem is glaring. And the people and leaders know it.
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
Isoni:
Deep sigh!
deep sigh x2
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Hahahahahahahaha
am dead serious. And I have been devising a plan in that way. It's going to take more hands tho
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2015
Do you mind letting me in the know?
iamord:
am dead serious. And I have been devising a plan in that way. It's going to take more hands tho
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by djdoxxx(m): 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
3ace:
I'm emotionally touched by the last picture. But according to this story, who are we to blame here? Is it the negligence of the management of the filling station or the careless smoker. Except the the smoker was very close to the filling station(in which case he should have known that igniting a match stick was dangerous) and was aware of leaking petrol oozing around where he was standing with the odour, the real "agent of Satan" here is the management for their poor safety measures.
I'm As Touched As U...The Government, Management Of The Filling Station,the Smoker And God Most Of All Is To Be Blamed Cos He Claims To Be Perfect Yet He Created All Of These Imperfect Beings,and Allowed Their Freewill To Perish Others Including Innoccent Babies ...And He Could Av Stopped The Nemesis Cos He Proclaims To Be Loving And Omnipotent But It Turns Out That He Is 'Omni-wicked' Considering All The Bad Things Happening To Mankind At Large...What A Pity?!!
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Do you mind letting me in the know?
I will give u a clue. And let your mind ponder on it. U see to get out of an addiction you need to get a new addiction. Through Africa's history we have heard and seen stories of exploitation and control. Some too barbaric to mention. Eg king Leopold and Congo. Black were seen suitable by the oppressors that it was considered lucrative to use them as a cheap source of labour. I tell u no race can do such hectic and barbaric work the the black race has done. But to think of it. If we were considered that's strong. How come we were not able to defeat our oppressors. The answer lies in the brain. If you don't control your brain. Someone else will. What will make a sane man that has gone to school blow up himself as a suicide bomber in the belief of something he has not seen. It's mind control. How will a people become so in tuned to a religion and their life's are dictated by it. It's mind control. ! How come anglophone countries have a distinctive character from the francophone. It's all about how the colonist controlled them. They were controlled to achieve a common goal and interest. I can go on and on. Do u get my point?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by djdoxxx(m): 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
Enahi:
Oh my God the picture of Mother and Child cry I hope the baby survived.
Primitive Talk...And If The Baby Survived...So?What About The Hundreds Of People That Died With The Mother Of The Child? So,the Baby Should Survive And Live Through The Hardships Of Not Getting The Care Of A Real Mother? How Does The Survival Of A Lone Baby Comforts Us Of The Other Deaths...Biko,start Thinking!!! The Way Christians Think Is Really Devastating...They Are More Religiously Enslaved To Primitive Beliefs And Conclusions Yet They Go Ahead To Crucify Muslims...Very Pathetic!! Same Hypocritical Bigots!

1 Like

Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2015
Yes, I do get your point! Basically, you are talking of reorientation.
iamord:
I will give u a clue. And let your mind ponder on it. U see to get out of an addiction you need to get a new addiction. Through Africa's history we have heard and seen stories of exploitation and control. Some too barbaric to mention. Eg king Leopold and Congo. Black were seen suitable by the oppressors that it was considered lucrative to use them as a cheap source of labour. I tell u no race can do such hectic and barbaric work the the black race has done. But to think of it. If we were considered that's strong. How come we were not able to defeat our oppressors. The answer lies in the brain. If you don't control your brain. Someone else will. What will make a sane man that has gone to school blow up himself as a suicide bomber in the belief of something he has not seen. It's mind control. How will a people become so in tuned to a religion and their life's are dictated by it. It's mind control. ! How come anglophone countries have a distinctive character from the francophone. It's all about how the colonist controlled them. They were controlled to achieve a common goal and interest. I can go on and on. Do u get my point?
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by iamord(m): 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Yes, I do get your point! Basically, you are talking of reorientation.
more than re orientation. We need a vision of where we want to be. And create a system. A system that can wield in all tribes. Religious background. And standings In the best interest of the system. Which is a on Nigeria or africa. Or africa a super power. What ever position e thing you want it to be. But it must be sub conscious
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
iamord:
more than re orientation. We need a vision of where we want to be. And create a system. A system that can wield in all tribes. Religious background. And standings In the best interest of the system. Which is a on Nigeria or africa. Or africa a super power. What ever position e thing you want it to be. But it must be sub conscious
I get it now.. Something like a mental project
Re: GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana by Enahi(f): 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
djdoxxx:
Primitive Talk...And If The Baby Survived...So?What About The Hundreds Of People That Died With The Mother Of The Child? So,the Baby Should Survive And Live Through The Hardships Of Not Getting The Care Of A Real Mother? How Does The Survival Of A Lone Baby Comforts Us Of The Other Deaths...Biko,start Thinking!!! The Way Christians Think Is Really Devastating...They Are More Religiously Enslaved To Primitive Beliefs And Conclusions Yet They Go Ahead To Crucify Muslims...Very Pathetic!! Same Hypocritical Bigots!
You are seriously crazy,take your bullshit rants elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court / 2019: As Zoning Threatens Plateau PDP After Primaries / When Stella Obasanjo Was Cutting The Independence Anniversary Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.