Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read (1292 Views)

I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! / How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) / How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by ConfessionsNgr: 1:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
I live and work in Lagos. Right now I am caught in a very difficult situation and I do not know what to do about it. Please before passing judgment on me, I want you to take your time to read and analyze my situation. I graduated from the university about nine years ago and was not able to secure a job for a very long time. I applied for jobs in various places including private companies and government establishment but my effort was to no avail. I had moved over to Lagos about three years ago with the belief that my situation would improve but it didn’t, not until last year when I ran into an old school friend of mine at a function I attended here in Lagos. He was the one who saw me first and recognized me. He walked up to my table and called out my name. I immediately recognized him as my primary school friend whom I had lost contact with since we left primary school. We got talking and he told me that he was working in one oil service company in Apapa as one of their managers. When he asked me what I was doing, I didn’t waste time in telling him that I have been searching for job since I graduated and have been unable to secure one. He told me to send him my CV and promised to help. True to his words, I was called up for interview a few weeks later by his company after sending him my CV. The long and short of the matter was that I was employed by his company with a very good salary running into six figures and my life has changed for the better. However, about a month ago, some colleagues of mine whom we work together on the same team called me and gave me fifty thousand naira as my share of proceeds for the left over materials that we had used to work. This was something that was usually done whenever we went to work on a location and we were not able to use the whole materials, Instead of returning it, the materials were usually sold off and the proceed was shared by the team members. It was a normal thing with the workers in the company and so when my share was given to me, I collected it without raising eyebrow. But unknown to me this particular material that was sold was stolen by my team members from the warehouse. Right now, the company has found out and my friend is been indicted because he the head of our department. He is on the verge of losing his job unless he produces the real culprit or the materials itself. I feel obligated to tell him who the real culprits are, to save him from this impending sack but that would also put me on the line because they will mention my name that I was also among them since I was also given a share of it, although I honestly was not aware that the material was stolen. I really don’t know what to do at this point because my conscience is pricking me but I cannot afford to lose my job at this time. So what do I do now?

Source:http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/99/do-i-tell-or-keep-quiet
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by hadura29(m): 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
Kayefi....,,

Hmmm
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by phransix147(m): 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
I feel like slapping someone...
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by uptoHim(m): 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
ConfessionsNgr:
I live and work in Lagos. Right now I am caught in a very difficult situation and I do not know what to do about it. Please before passing judgment on me, I want you to take your time to read and analyze my situation. I graduated from the university about nine years ago and was not able to secure a job for a very long time. I applied for jobs in various places including private companies and government establishment but my effort was to no avail. I had moved over to Lagos about three years ago with the belief that my situation would improve but it didn’t, not until last year when I ran into an old school friend of mine at a function I attended here in Lagos. He was the one who saw me first and recognized me. He walked up to my table and called out my name. I immediately recognized him as my primary school friend whom I had lost contact with since we left primary school. We got talking and he told me that he was working in one oil service company in Apapa as one of their managers. When he asked me what I was doing, I didn’t waste time in telling him that I have been searching for job since I graduated and have been unable to secure one. He told me to send him my CV and promised to help. True to his words, I was called up for interview a few weeks later by his company after sending him my CV. The long and short of the matter was that I was employed by his company with a very good salary running into six figures and my life has changed for the better. However, about a month ago, some colleagues of mine whom we work together on the same team called me and gave me fifty thousand naira as my share of proceeds for the left over materials that we had used to work. This was something that was usually done whenever we went to work on a location and we were not able to use the whole materials, Instead of returning it, the materials were usually sold off and the proceed was shared by the team members. It was a normal thing with the workers in the company and so when my share was given to me, I collected it without raising eyebrow. But unknown to me this particular material that was sold was stolen by my team members from the warehouse. Right now, the company has found out and my friend is been indicted because he the head of our department. He is on the verge of losing his job unless he produces the real culprit or the materials itself. I feel obligated to tell him who the real culprits are, to save him from this impending sack but that would also put me on the line because they will mention my name that I was also among them since I was also given a share of it, although I honestly was not aware that the material was stolen. I really don’t know what to do at this point because my conscience is pricking me but I cannot afford to lose my job at this time. So what do I do now?

Tell him! Tell him! Tell him!
Please tell him, today, now.

Why I'm a thinking that God took you to that company for this reason.

He helped you, now its your turn to help him.

You will be vindicated by God, trust me.
You would be pardoned by the firm.
You would be have saved your friend from losing his job, and having a bad career history and a damaged name.

You will not be sacked. Just tell them the whole truth. Truth has a way of sorting itself out

Please tell him, and watch God faithfully and see how things will turn out well for you!

Tell him, NOW!

6 Likes

Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by DWJOBScom(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
Tell your friend the truth and admit all
If he's experienced he will know what to do.
People engage their friends in organization because of things like this. Save his JOB and yours too
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by lomprico(m): 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
this one na heavy temptation

1 Like

Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by DWJOBScom(m): 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
uptoHim:

Tell him! Tell him! Tell him!
Please tell him, today, now.

Why I'm a thinking that God took you to that company for this reason.

He helped you, now its your turn to help him.

You will be vindicated by God, trust me.
You would be pardoned by the firm.
You would be have saved your friend from losing his job, and having a bad career history and a damaged name.

You will not be sacked. Just tell them the whole truth. Truth has a way of sorting itself out

Please tell him, and watch God faithfully and see how things will turn out well for you!

Tell him, NOW!

You couldn't have said it better!!
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by libertyfather(m): 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Tell him, dunt let him regret helping you..he can get a way of covering you up, if no way he will still make it upto you I'm sure of that ,at least you don't know those good was stolen earlier

1 Like

Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by siegfried99(m): 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hmmmn
eleyi gidi gan
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by frwadmvnt: 4:57am On Jun 06, 2015
Please tell your guy everything. Watch your back from other guys cos thy may do you strong thing when they discover you bust the deal but God will surely see you through. It's good you have conscience.
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
You just have to tell him, else you would regret ur actions thru-out ur entire life
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by mickey45: 11:49am On Jun 08, 2015
ConfessionsNgr:

Truth always comes out! So I'd advice you tell him sir, even if u don't he'll eventually know and then you'd have made him into an enemy. He might even later get pardoned despite all and how will you face him then?
So I may not know how it feels since you're d one on d spot right now but I'd advice you heed all d advice I've seen above me
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by Elegantdiva: 5:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
Lol.....God dy
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by Bioboy1213(m): 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
Tell him to save his job......am sure if you are sacked he will get you another job.
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by idu1(m): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
Tell him u ve to tell him.

(1) (Reply)

Electrial Engineers: Who Can Interprete This Control Panel / Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill / Become A Professional CCTV/DSTV/INTERCOM Installer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.