Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday (1721 Views)

How God Saved Me From Been ELECTRICULATED. / God Saved Me From Disastrous Accident Today. / How God saved a boy who fell inside a well. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by LadyX(f): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
Yesterday I left work a little bit late. As usual, I said a short prayer before leaving. It was something like, “Father I pray that you protect and guide me. Take me home safely. God hold my hand while crossing the road and choose for me the vehicle I will board. I pray this believing in Jesus name. Amen”

As soon as I crossed the road I saw a vehicle coming. It was around 7:30pm. I knew I would get to the CBD in about 20 minutes and board a bus going home. I estimated that I would get home latest 8:45 pm.

When we were close to town, the driver decided to change the route. People complained, but he went on. He stopped to pick passengers. They were many, but refused to get in because they expected the fare too be lower than what they were being told. We spent a few minutes there. When they got in, we continued with our journey. Shortly after, we encountered heavy traffic. Vehicles were not moving. I consoled myself that soon they would move and I would be in town by 8:00pm.

When the vehicles eventually got to move, they would move something like 3-5 footsteps then we would stay for another 5 minutes or so. A few times the driver was asleep so the conductor had to hit the car for him to wake up. As a result, many vehicles went ahead of us. I was annoyed. In my mind I was like, “How did I get into this vehicle? Why didn’t I wait for another one? I swear I will not board vehicles from this company again.”

When we got close to town (around 8:45) 3 vehicles rammed into each other, so we had to walk. I walked for like 20 minutes, got into a bus and headed home. When I alighted, I decided to cross the road (which is unlike me) and buy some throat lozenges (I had an irritation in my throat which was almost over because I was on medication). Then I crossed back and headed to the house.

I saw many people gathered close to the gate of a neighbouring building (it was around 9:40). On enquiring about what was happening.
“Caro (not real name) and her boyfriend have just been kidnapped. The thugs went with them and their car.” I was told by our landlord’s daughter.

The incident had just happened. Meaning if I had come earlier, I would have found those guys around our entrance waiting (our gates are next to each other). They would have probably kidnapped me or even held me captive so that I don’t tell on them. The place is well lit.
I went to the house and thanked God for the delay I encountered before. Everything happens for a reason. And I have learnt not to complain!
Father, thank you because it’s only You who knows what those criminals would have done to me.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by temifisayo(f): 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2015
sorry ooooo. may God protect us

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by BasseyJ(m): 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
Nice one. There's indeed a silver lining to every cloud

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by abbeycial: 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
pele..may da almighty always be with us..

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by LadyX(f): 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
temifisayo:
sorry ooooo. may God protect us
Thanks I was very terrified!
So many things came to my mind including despoil, since some criminals do that!
Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by INTROVERT(f): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
Thank God darling. I always carry pepper spray in my back just in case and it dosent hurt to learn some basic self defence moves. Most especially a kick to the groin can decapacitate an attacker briefly.

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by hahn(m): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
Wow! So god saved you but allowed caro(not real name) and her bf to be kidnapped. Its safe to say that they are receiving punishment for their sins while you are holy or they forgot to pray and ask him for guidance like you did.

Cool

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by nellyquash(f): 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
Thank God darling. I always carry pepper spray in my back just in case and it dosent hurt to learn some basic self defence moves. Most especially a kick to the groin can decapacitate an attacker briefly.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by LadyX(f): 4:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
hahn:
Wow! So god saved you but allowed caro(not real name) and her bf to be kidnapped. Its safe to say that they are receiving punishment for their sins while you are holy or they forgot to pray and ask him for guidance like you did.

Cool
What exactly are you insinuating?
Did I mention being holy or sinning anywhere in my write up?
The fact that you don't believe in God doesn't mean others don't. And don't add what I didn't say.
Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by LadyX(f): 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
BasseyJ:
Nice one. There's indeed a silver lining to every cloud
Yes o!
Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by LadyX(f): 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
abbeycial:
pele..may da almighty always be with us..
Amen
Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by LadyX(f): 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
That's good.
Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
LadyX:
Yesterday I left work a little bit late. As usual, I said a short prayer before leaving. It was something like, “Father I pray that you protect and guide me. Take me home safely. God hold my hand while crossing the road and choose for me the vehicle I will board. I pray this believing in Jesus name. Amen”

As soon as I crossed the road I saw a vehicle coming. It was around 7:30pm. I knew I would get to the CBD in about 20 minutes and board a bus going home. I estimated that I would get home latest 8:45 pm.

When we were close to town, the driver decided to change the route. People complained, but he went on. He stopped to pick passengers. They were many, but refused to get in because they expected the fare too be lower than what they were being told. We spent a few minutes there. When they got in, we continued with our journey. Shortly after, we encountered heavy traffic. Vehicles were not moving. I consoled myself that soon they would move and I would be in town by 8:00pm.

When the vehicles eventually got to move, they would move something like 3-5 footsteps then we would stay for another 5 minutes or so. A few times the driver was asleep so the conductor had to hit the car for him to wake up. As a result, many vehicles went ahead of us. I was annoyed. In my mind I was like, “How did I get into this vehicle? Why didn’t I wait for another one? I swear I will not board vehicles from this company again.”

When we got close to town (around 8:45) 3 vehicles rammed into each other, so we had to walk. I walked for like 20 minutes, got into a bus and headed home. When I alighted, I decided to cross the road (which is unlike me)

and buy some throat lozenges (I had an irritation in my throat which was almost over because I was on medication). Then I crossed back and headed to the house.

I saw many people gathered close to the gate of a neighbouring building (it was around 9:40). On enquiring about what was happening.
“Caro (not real name) and her boyfriend have just been kidnapped. The thugs went with them and their car.” I was told by our landlord’s daughter.

The incident had just happened. Meaning if I had come earlier, I would have found those guys around our entrance waiting (our gates are next to each other). They would have probably kidnapped me or even held me captive so that I don’t tell on them. The place is well lit.
I went to the house and thanked God for the delay I encountered before. Everything happens for a reason. And I have learnt not to complain!
Father, thank you because it’s only You who knows what those criminals would have done to me.

All glory to God Almighty. Keep serving Him

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by ogaprime(m): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
INTROVERT:

Pepper sprayer?? Please where did you get yours and the price??

Thanks...

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by Konquest: 8:31am On May 06, 2021
LadyX:

When we got close to town (around 8:45) 3 vehicles rammed into each other, so we had to walk. I walked for like 20 minutes, got into a bus and headed home. When I alighted, I decided to cross the road (which is unlike me) and buy some throat lozenges (I had an irritation in my throat which was almost over because I was on medication). Then I crossed back and headed to the house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:35pm On May 06, 2021
@Konquest

Why do you always comment on old threads and share them? Weird, if you ask me.
Re: How God Saved Me From Robbers Yesterday by Konquest: 2:10am On May 09, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
Kon.que.st

Why do you always comment on old threads and share them? Weird, if you ask me.
Victoria, you are becoming very daring.angry

You have the chutzpah to make underhanded comments about me here. Can't a man have peace of mind again?

Let me school you a bit. I've been using online discussion fora such as this since the 1990s. There is no law that says you cannot comment on and/or share old but evergreen topics on NL or other online media platforms.

History books containing 500 years historical info can be "read" and "shared" as well isn't it?

There are also some threads or NL topics that I've never read so I generally comment on an eclectic mix of new and relatively old topics that are newsworthy and evergreen!

Aha! Vicky... you owe me one of those Akwa Ibom dishes for insinuating that I need to see a "shrink." grin

I enjoy going through your posts and sensible shares though anytime I have the time to log in.

Okay then, I wish you an amazing year ahead dear, mask up as-and-when-due, and stay safe. *hugs*

Ciao.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo Manipulation In Photoshop / Where You Can Get Cheap Smart Phones, Laptops And Ps4 In Nigeria Right Now / See How Virgins Were Initiated Into Womanhood In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.