Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye (3125 Views)

Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari / Nigeria Economic Crisis Worsens - BBC / PDP Behind Economic Crisis In Osun – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by BOSS7: 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2009
[center]Global economic crisis will last 7 years - Adeboye -Says corrupt office holders may die young[/center]

From Tolu Olamitoke and Kunle Awosiyan
Monday, February 16, 2009

THE global economic downturn will last for seven years, the General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adejare, has predicted.

Pastor Adeboye, at a three-day prayer meeting of the Apostolic Conference of Pentecostal Church leaders in Nigeria held at the RCCG, Redemption Camp, Shagamu, said just like the famine which took place in Egypt in the days of Joseph, the global financial crisis would persist.

The meeting, according to him, was held “to know the mind of God for Nigeria in 2009.” The cleric, however, gave a ray of hope for the righteous and faithful in giving their tithes and offering, saying they would witness abundance.

Pastor Adeboye, sharing the revelation during the meeting, which he hosted, stated that it was revealed to him that the global economic meltdown would subsist for seven years.

“Despite the gloomy economic state worldwide, those who are righteous, faithful in giving their tithes and offering will prosper,” he said.

The financial crisis is already taking its toll on the country with several policies being introduced by the government. Just last week, President Yar’Adua announced the cut in salary of political appointees as a result of the meltdown.

The Federal Government has also resolved to review downward the salary of workers in the federal civil service. In the month of January alone, N120 billion was said to have been recorded as a shortfall in revenue for the country.

Meanwhile, Pastor Adeboye has said that all corrupt political office holders in the country may die young if they did not desist from their nefarious activities.

He gave this warning during his visit to Inspirational Radio station in Lagos on Sunday, saying that anyone who had acquired money and property through illegal means would not live to spend the money and enjoy the property.

According to him, the Holy Bible had said it clearly that any fellow who acquired money illegally would die in the midst of his days. He stated, “These corrupt people need to be educated that they do not need more than a bed, a pair of shoes, shirts and trousers and possibly, a wristwatch so that they can know the time. They should realise that they had come to this world naked and so shall they return.”

Adeboye, who attributed the country’s problem to corruption, said that the glory of God had refused to shine on Nigeria because of some corrupt people who had found themselves in leadership positions.

“It is the corruption that is robbing the nation of the glory. The only thing the church can do now is to teach them the way of the Lord and why they should desist from the practice,” he added.

Earlier, the General Overseer had commended the efforts of the Chairman of Inspirational Radio, Dr. Erastus Akingbola, saying that the station would go a long way towards spreading the gospel of Christ to the nooks and crannies of the nation.

Quoting a verse in the Holy Bible, Adeboye said that the word of God could best be disseminated through the air.

He said, “When the word of God travels, it brings healing and joy. Through Inspirational Radio, the word of God will go forth.”

In his welcome address, Akingbola described the presence of Adeboye in his office as a special favour from God, adding that Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye would regularly feature on the radio to give morning prayer to people.

He said that he would have loved to air 100 per cent Christian messages and programmes on the radio, but that the country’s policy do not allow that.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by mustafar1: 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2009
economists r us
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by BOSS7: 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2009
At least you've been warned @ must_a_phar. I hope people with crippled legs amongst us would start planning ahead else the ones with good legs would catch up.
cheesy
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2009
Is there a quote of him actually saying it will last 7 years and that is his prediction or is this the same old twist his words for news we see?

Hey Hey!! Let’s be fair here. The man made the statements at a prayer meeting. So I see no reason why people who do not subscribe to his beliefs and ideologies should be offended in anyway.

Sure, someone will come in to say I am biased because I attend a sub of the man’s church here (even though I do not agree with him 100% of the time), but the point is the announcement was made at a prayer meeting, so if we want to debate it, then we might as well be debating prayer and everything else religion(which to me will be a waste of time) which is another waste of time on here or anywhere else.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by BOSS7: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2009
@ Kopbojunkie

B.O.S.S.:

Pastor Adeboye, sharing the revelation during the meeting, which he hosted, stated that it was revealed to him that the global economic meltdown would subsist for seven years.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Lagosboy: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2009
This man should just keep quiet for Goodness sake, his prophecies are fast becoming noise pollution.!!!

The worst of all economist knows the crises wouldnt recover swiftly so what is he saying.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Lagosboy: 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2009
Even Banom predicted 3 days ago and we are seeing results today. grin grin grin
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by superboi(m): 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2009
why do people bother their self with what they do not believe?
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2009
That is not a quote.

B.O.S.S.:

@ Kopbojunkie

I believe the same. . . . so should I keep quiet if I feel this is going to last a while( even if I am not exact on the time) and some will come out better off at the end while others will have to deal with this for a longer time to come? grin It was revealed to him by God (hopefully) and he made the announcement at a prayer meeting (RELIGIOUS gathering), not at a conference filled with reporters.

I think we are beginning to take these things too far now. His statement in no way threatens anyone. . . It was made in a RELIGIOUS gathering. As absurd as the statements may seem, I see no reason why we suddenly need to report what is said at the pulpit as if it is suddenly a big deal and we should all declare our oohs and aahs!!

We are talking of religion here? Since when has it ever made sense to all? I will definitely be one of the first to jump on his throat if it had been a conference of reporters but we are speaking of a PRAYER MEETING HERE aka RELIGIOUS GATHERING!!

Think of it this way, if a sango priest declared that all our enemies would die while conducting a sacrifice to sango, would we react in the same way?
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by BOSS7: 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I believe the same. . . . so should I keep quiet if I feel this is going to last a while( even if I am not exact on the time) and some will come out better off at the end while others will have to deal with this for a longer time to come? grin It was revealed to him by God (hopefully) and he made the announcement at a prayer meeting (RELIGIOUS gathering), not at a conference filled with reporters.
Exactly. That's the same reason why I said people should start planning ahead.

wink
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by samorijack(m): 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2009
Adeboye and the like should please, shut up, after hob-nobbing with Obasanjo and the like for the past 8years he should know the kurrupt people stoping the so called glory of God from shinning on Nigeria, Adeboye have you ever spoken out personally against kurruption in this country, I did'nt think so.   angry
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Exactly. That's the same reason why I said people should start planning ahead.

wink

Well, I do believe God reveals his plans to people. If you do not believe it, why plan ahead for anything? I would definitely not tell the athiests and non-christians out there to plan as I don't expect them to believe what the man said. grin

Disclaimer : I am seriously biased here because I happen to be a Christian who believes in paying tithes and being righteous, and also that God reveals his word and plan to those who believe and believes this recession is going to last a while and many will definitely come out scarred for life.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by BOSS7: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Well, I do believe God reveals his plans to people. If you do not believe it, why plan ahead for anything? I would definitely not tell the athiests and non-christians out there to plan as I don't expect them to believe what the man said. grin
Trust me I'm very easy to please and I do believe the same as well. Though it's (revelations from God) now being misused and I guess coupled with the friends that Adeboye had kept in the past and his failure to tell them what people believe is the truth, he seems (not according to me smiley) to have abused his position hence anything he says is very hard to believe.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by ilaugh1: 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2009
I am sorry o, but how is this a prediction? realy want to know, please educate me how this is a prediction? That it will last for seven years or that it will happen at all? Blimey!
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Trust me I'm very easy to please and I do believe the same as well. Though it's (revelations from God) now being misused

How is it being misused? The guy announced it at a prayer meeting for pete’s sake!

B.O.S.S.:

and I guess coupled with the friends that Adeboye had kept in the past and his failure to tell them what people believe is the truth,

Now, about his friends, I can not answer for him but how do you know he did not tell them what people believe is the truth?

B.O.S.S.:

he seems (not according to me smiley) to have abused his position hence anything he says is very hard to believe.

I did mention earlier that I do not agree with him all the time. Matter of fact, apart from his being superintendent of the church, I really don’t care much for what he thinks or feels. Lol . I am just saying, this particular statement was made in a PRAYER MEETING.

Disclaimer : I am seriously biased here because I happen to be a Christian who believes in paying tithes and being righteous, and also that God reveals his word and plan to those who believe and believes this recession is going to last a while and many will definitely come out scarred for life.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by jamace(m): 5:12pm On Feb 18, 2009
May Nairaland live to witness the confirmation of the prediction.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2009
What prediction?
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Moonstone(f): 5:47pm On Feb 18, 2009
I think these are strong words that should be taken seriously irrespective of anyone's beliefs. For those who don't believe it, they should start saving up for the thunderstorms ahead. For those who believe it, they should just pray they are not included in these events. I know messages like this tend to wind people up the wrong way. Pastor Adeboye is one of the most respected men of God in the country and he has made a lot of predictions in the past which have come true. I think believing him would work in the interest of those who know what he has said in the past and how the results have turned out.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 18, 2009
i wonder why the good pastor could not predict the crisis in the first place - now he's trying to play joseph
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Gamine(f): 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2009
Yeh!!!

And the main sermon is Paying Your Tithes and Offerings

Wonderful!!!
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by bawomolo(m): 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2009
he also said you would be immune from the wahala if you pay your tithe and offering. the building fund must stay alive cool
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by banom(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2009
PASTOR ADEBOYE AND KOBOJUNKIE

UNA NO GO KILL PERSON OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by lysaa(f): 11:20pm On Feb 18, 2009
'A word' is not for everybody, only for those with ears to hear!
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by SamMilla1(m): 2:05am On Feb 19, 2009
i m disappointed
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On Feb 19, 2009
banom:

PASTOR ADEBOYE AND KOBOJUNKIE

UNA NO GO KILL PERSON OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

uumm, are you high??
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 5:02am On Feb 19, 2009
There is only room for ONE prophet in Nigeria, and that is none other than Lesser Prophet BANOM, the ONLY Man of God who accurately predicted that President Yar Adua would ultimately seek divine help under the supervision of one of the many other fly-by-night emergency prophets-for-hire that Nigeria is blessed with.

Prior to contacting Miracle Prophet B.J. Joshua, our illustrious president had been living on an exclusive diet of boiled pigeons, on the orders of his Juju practitioners, which he has now been able to discontinue, to the glory of God, though rumors that the president is now on a strict diet of rare eagles have yet to be confirmed, and are under investigation by the World Wildlife Fund.

Personally, I have resolved NEVER to accept the veracity of Pastor Eunuch Adeboye's predictions UNLESS those forecasts are endorsed and approved by Lesser Prophet Banom.  Praise the Lord !

Prophet Banom, we call to you now, in this hour of darkness.   The world has now stopped spinning, and is waiting in absolute pin-drop silence, for your next prediction.   Praise the Lord !
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by StFunmi(f): 6:11am On Feb 19, 2009
I believe him.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Lagosboy: 7:49am On Feb 19, 2009
Pastor Banom where are you can you confrim what Adeobaye said, remember he allegedly also said the paying of tithtes would make u immuned from the reccession grin grin grin Kai this na serious 419 .

It only took 3 days for [b]Banom[/b]s prediction to come to pass!!! why do we have to wait for 7 yrs grin grin grin
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by angel01: 7:58am On Feb 19, 2009
The meeting, according to him, was held “to know the mind of God for Nigeria in 2009.” The cleric, however, gave a ray of hope for the righteous and faithful in giving their tithes and offering, saying they would witness abundance.

I guess the recession is affecting the tithes and offering too.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 9:47am On Feb 19, 2009
angel01:

I guess the recession is affecting the tithes and offering too.

What ! Church offerings are declining ? Impossible. This alarming news will have the impact of a fully-fledged abomination to the ears of any Man of God. How cowardly it is, for these stingy "faithful" to try and blame worldly occurrences such as the global economic meltdown for their own failure to grease the palm of The Anointed Son.

Surely the sheep must realize by now that their own access to the heavenly jackpot is ENTIRELY dependent on their donating every last dime that they earn STRAIGHT to The Shepherd, who, after all, has a fleet of private jet aircraft and sprawling mansions on five continents to both maintain and frequently upgrade in God's name, Amen.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by banom(m): 10:46am On Feb 19, 2009
Jakumo:

There is only room for ONE prophet in Nigeria, and that is none other than Lesser Prophet BANOM, the ONLY Man of God who accurately predicted that President Yar Adua would ultimately seek divine help under the supervision of one of the many other fly-by-night emergency prophets-for-hire that Nigeria is blessed with.

Prior to contacting Miracle Prophet B.J. Joshua, our illustrious president had been living on an exclusive diet of boiled pigeons, on the orders of his Juju practitioners, which he has now been able to discontinue, to the glory of God, though rumors that the president is now on a strict diet of rare eagles have yet to be confirmed, and are under investigation by the World Wildlife Fund.

Personally, I have resolved NEVER to accept the veracity of Pastor Eunuch Adeboye's predictions UNLESS those forecasts are endorsed and approved by Lesser Prophet Banom. Praise the Lord !

Prophet Banom, we call to you now, in this hour of darkness. The world has now stopped spinning, and is waiting in absolute pin-drop silence, for your next prediction. Praise the Lord !

JUST FOLLOW THIS LINK TO VIEW MY PROPHECIES FOR TODAY 19/02/09, @

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-235988.0.html

Lagosboy:

Pastor Banom where are you can you confrim what Adeobaye said, remember he allegedly also said the paying of tithtes would make u immuned from the reccession grin grin grin Kai this na serious 419 .

It only took 3 days for [b]Banom[/b]s prediction to come to pass!!! why do we have to wait for 7 yrs grin grin grin

DON'T MIND HIM, IT IS ONLY A TRICK TO INTENSIFY PROMPT AND ACCURATE TITHES PAYMENT.
Re: Beware: Global Economic Crisis Will Last 7 Years - Adeboye by BOSS7: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

How is it being misused? The guy announced it at a prayer meeting for pete’s sake!
I mean there are so many pastors now misusing these so-called revelations from any instincts is now being turned to one and they even have the horse sense to call it revelation.

Kobojunkie:

Now, about his friends, I can not answer for him but how do you know he did not tell them what people believe is the truth?
I guess he probably didn’t make it public then did he?

Kobojunkie:

I did mention earlier that I do not agree with him all the time. Matter of fact, apart from his being superintendent of the church, I really don’t care much for what he thinks or feels. Lol . I am just saying, this particular statement was made in a PRAYER MEETING.
Due to the mere fact that such revelation was made in a prayer meeting makes it more sensible to broadcast it because it makes political sense and especially because it’s in the interest of the whole nation. Don’t you think?

By the way, have you started planning for seven years of drought?   cheesy

Disclaimer : You have every right to be biased especially if you really trust in the word with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Count Down To Anambra Election. / Nigeria Come Tops On Dollar Remittance To Africa / GEJ Challenges State Govts On Free Feeding For Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.