Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,020 members, 7,835,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help (666 Views)

How Do I Design My Blog Like Linda Ikeji's Blog With Frames >>new In Blogosphere / Help Review This Website I Redesigned For Lekki British School / Hosting Account For A Forum Website (i Need Your Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by Omoosedabi: 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2009
Flash website
Re: Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by quadrillio(m): 10:02am On Feb 19, 2009
start learning
Re: Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by nitation(m): 11:03am On Feb 19, 2009
@ Poster

Designing websites in flash has it setback. I would strongly advice to design more using CSS and play around flash for uninformative stuff.

Click below to read more:
[url]http://hp.fuzzy76.net/archives/136-Why-Flash-websites-are-a-really,-really-bad-idea.html[/url]

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20001029.html

My 2 cent
Re: Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2009
@poster,
get tutorials
Re: Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by stkris(m): 4:33am On Feb 22, 2009
if you intend to ever have a high traffic website, flashwebsites arent the way to go. search engines find it hard to hook on them, and not to mention what a surfer browsing with a 56kb/ps dial up connection would have to endure to view 1 page on your site.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by Mustay(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2009
Addendum to st-kris post
i think it refers to the audience. Most Nigerians use slow internet connections and flash just 'disintegrates' the web page.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2009
Hi Mustay.
@poster, i am very good with flex builder (a flash development GUI), but due to our slow connections in nigeria, i have stopped using it online.
I only reserve it for intranet applications at least for now.
To use flex professionally, you will need to have some experience with javascript, php and mysql. You can build an entire website with it and almost any web application you can think of - but speed is the problem especially when it comes to internet.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by nitation(m): 11:54am On Feb 23, 2009
Designing websites in flash is not a crime as we all know, but the setbacks gives headache to me every time I think about it. You might wanna learn from my experience as I usually develop animations using GIF animation on fireworks or flash. In the case of flash, I always convert all .swf to .gif/jpg. I have not seen any free product of that without a watermark though.

If you need such softwares, let me know and I will supply you links.

My 2 cent
Re: Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2009
The truth is, i have come to a conclusion that rather than use flash, i will rather use javascript effect, if i cant find the effect to download anywhere, i will create it (unless it is too difficult or not worth it) - i may combine scripts from those sites online, add some tweaking to it to get it done.\
This is not recommended for low-budget sites though. Low budget = Get the thing working and move on (dont even bother to add it to portfolio).
Re: Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by yawatide(f): 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2009
Interesting analysis cool
Re: Pls Aw Can I Design Flash Website? I Love Dem But I Cant Design,pls Help by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 25, 2009
like i always tell newbies,

if you wanna use flash, WHY DO U WANT TO USE IT, and WHO ARE YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE.

Flash is not for the web alone, offline presentation comes out better with flash than with powerpoint and if you learn action scripting, then the possibilities are endless
if it is for the web, Then know the consequences which is slow loading websites then you are fine.

to learn how to use flash, YIM me and i will show you the way to go.

(1) (Reply)

Tutorial Needed: Php To Html / Cool Stuffs For Everyone Here As You Surf / Free Web Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.