Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Painting A Little Smiley Faces On Everything You Touch - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Painting A Little Smiley Faces On Everything You Touch (432 Views)

Mother Drops A Funny Comment On Son's Facebook Pic: Make The Lips No Touch You / 1 Reason Your Woman May Stop Letting You Touch Her In Bed / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Painting A Little Smiley Faces On Everything You Touch by JoanRichard(f): 7:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
So why is it that openly praising or expressing appreciation to other people can so easily seem awkward, or lackadaisical?

The obvious answer is that we’re not fluent in the language of positive emotions within and out. We’re so unaccustomed to sharing them that we don’t feel comfortable doing so. “Just because it isn't perfect, doesn't mean it isn't awesome.”
Feeling genuinely appreciated lifts people up. At the most basic level, it makes us feel safe, which is what frees us to do our best in all and most times energizes, even when our value feels at risk, as it so often does, that worry becomes preoccupying, which drains and diverts our energy from creating value.

Surprisingly, we’re often more experienced at expressing negative emotions — proactively and defensively, and often without recognizing their abrasive impact on others until much later, if we do at all. That’s unfortunate. The impact of negative emotions — and more specifically the feeling of being devalued — are incredibly toxic.
If you have difficulty openly appreciating others, it’s likely you also find it difficult to appreciate yourself. Take a few moments at the end of the day, to ask yourself this simple question: “What can I rightly feel proud of today?” If you are committed to constant self-improvement, you can also ask yourself, “What could I do better tomorrow?” Both questions hold your value.

We’re all more vulnerable and needy than we like to imagine. Authentically, appreciating others will make you feel better about yourself, and it will also increase the likelihood they’ll invest, while concentrating more on their lives, work, spirit mind, and in you. The human instinct for reciprocity runs deep and by appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. [url]Voltaire[/url]

I’m putting out a call to giving appreciation! Each one of us adds our own thread to the fantastic fabric of life. Why not stop and appreciate those around you?

You can add one of our in-store grocery items and so on, while we do the delivery to their door steps.

http://deals.vconnect.com/#55521660c4550

(1) (Reply)

School Advice / Get Certified By Obtaining A Professional Certificate With IACM / Cheapest Laundry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.