Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly (1291 Views)

Abubakar Audu's Burial: Governor Wada Leads State Delegation - Live Update / Ex-governor Aliyu Booed And Stoned By Angry Crowd At Inauguration / Jonathan Booed, Stoned In Bauchi Rally. Protest ongoing (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by Shegman22(m): 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
Kogi State Governor, Idris Wada was today stoned and
booed at the inauguration of the new Assembly
members in Lokoja the state capital.
Wada, who arrived at the venue, Kogi State House of
Assembly Complex at about 10.55am was booed by
the crowd and pelted with sachets of ‘pure water’ as he
walked into the complex . The hostile crowd who were
apparently angry with the governor’s non performance
and absenteeism shouted repeatedly, ‘Barawo’, ‘thief’,
‘ole’, ‘changie dole’, ‘your time is over,” ‘Changi Ya zo’,
‘your time is over, go’, EFCC is waiting for you’ .
Security was immediately beefed up as soldiers were
brought in from the Army Records, Army Barrack in
Lokoja as there was fear that there would be violence
and attacks on Wada at the end of the
inauguration.Shortly after the Assembly was
inaugurated, Wada was reportedly smuggled out of the
Assembly complex after spending just 15 minutes
amidst tight security led by the state Commissioner of
Police to avoid being mobbed by the crowd.
PrimeNews gathered that security operatives had earlier
advised him not to attend the inauguration and send his
deputy since it was anticipated that the people of Kogi
,especially civil servants would be hostile following the
manner in which the Governor had behaved in the last
two months by not paying their salaries, abandoning the
ship of state for over three weeks as well as the
alarming state of insecurity which has reached an all
time high with the kidnap of a Judge of the Federal High
Court as well as a serving Commissioner for Land in
Kogi but Wada refused and insisted on attending the
inauguration. http://primenewsng.com/p/index.php/2015/06/04/kogi-governor-wada-booed-stoned-at-inauguration-of-new-assembly/
Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by moremuch1(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
Good, this should be a wake up call for him to sit up and address the issues in the state

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by Ohammadike: 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
If only osun will adopt the way kogi treats failures they would have woken up the rascal from his permanent slumber

4 Likes

Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
Video or I don't believe Lies from d pit of hell
Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by SFSNIPER(m): 8:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
No stone touch am?
Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by dustmalik: 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
He's my governor, but he deserves worse than just pelting. He should be flogged.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by omenka(m): 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
moremuch1:
Good, this should be a wake up call for him to sit up and address the issues in the state
The guy seems to be just another redundant and colourless governor just like the immediate past governor of Ebonyi state.

You neither hear good or bad news from the state, as though it doesn't even exist. In this regard, bet T. A. Orji was even better.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
The man is a disgrace to governance.

Kogi state is in sham. No meaningful development for the past 3 years of his administration. Teachers are been owned salaries same as civil servants.

#Wada come and pay my mother her salary o!

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Video or I don't believe Lies from d pit of hell
Why will you believe it? because you weren't affected.
#Wada come and pay my mother her salary o!

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by UAE123(m): 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
Im really happy & impressed wit the way Nigerians r talking their destiny & improvement in their own hands cus our political /elected leaders r not concerned or bothered abt us. Its better they feel wat we r feeling & pass tru wat we r passing tru
Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by Shegman22(m): 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
Wada is more than a failure.
Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by Johnnyessence(m): 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
pls and pls stop all this insult to ogbeni d gov. i was in osogbo today d work still ongoing only d workers are still stranded in d process and i pray when i was looking d situation that things will be done amicably workers will be paid by d special grace of GOD i will say d truth here everyone is affected but d people i meet was saying things will change they said that everything will become good. i will come and chart with u guys again soon all d workers will smile to their bank account. all d schools is 70% completed only some roads were abandoned no television is functioning except AIT osogbo that's working thks.
Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
After Abia State, Kogi State should be the next worse State in terms of infrastructure and poor welfare. Boo well deserved!
Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
That Governor is so clueless. Imagine going to work in Kogi state from Abuja every single day..
Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
I know say na APC governor.
Re: Kogi: Governor Wada Booed, Stoned At Inauguration Of New Assembly by tessylove2(f): 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Outcome Of Meeting Btw Buhari And Oil Marketers. A Must Read... / No Concrete Proof Saraki Stole Money From Sgbn / Enugu Son, And Raising Rnb Star Jidenna Performs At BET Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.