Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,224 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

IJEBUS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IJEBUS (10953 Views)

How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs / How Jonathan, Mu’azu Belittled Ijebus – Monarchs (2) (3) (4)

IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 12:25am On Jun 06, 2015
The Ijebus of Western Nigeria are known for their industry and merchandise which defy all odds, especially in trading while they simultaneously groom their children to take over.
  The Ijebus and other parts of Ijebu-land came into Nigeria from the ancient Owodaiye kingdom of Ethiopia, decendants of the Arabians from the middle-east. 

Amazing facts about Ijebus:

The Ijebu king (Orimolusi) was the second Oba appointed by colonial masters. In 1957 to negotiate Independence. 

The Europeans found them the most intelligent of all tribes in Nigeria. 

According to biblical account, the Jebusites were a Canaanite who built and inhabited Jerusalem prior to its conquests be king David. 

Ijebu is the only tribe that has it's Origin from the Bible.

The Ijebus were in Nigeria before the main yourba stock and the ijebu king being referred to as the 5th Awujale restored the eyesight of Oduduwa. When Oduduwa set out to visit the king, he died while his followers settled down at IDOFE.

Ijebus are known for their business acumen, which dates back to the early nineteenth century where a child is expected to have known the value and attributes of trade from the age of 12. 

Yourba people are very enterprising but Ijebu have become the movers shakers of the business world in Nigeria, and have become more Prosperous not only in terms of the business dynamics but also in terms of physical infrastructure. It isn't on record that the houses of the Ijebus were far more superior to that of any of their southern counterparts. Ijebus are also noted for their intelligence and integrity. 

Ijebus are one of the tribes of the present day Ogun state, they are also found in lagos state . However majority of the Ijebus are in Ijebu-Ode, Ijebu-Remo, Ijebu-Sagamu, Ijebu-Epe(Lagos), and Ijebu-Igbo.

Ijebus over the years have been stereotyped as tight fisted, when in actual fact they are just Frugal people. Another vice attributed to them is pool- betting, which is today known as 'Baba-Ijebu'. However, in contemporary times, there are a new age of business moguls who would eventually continue their rich tradition of wealth, their forebears :

Chief M.A. Agbonmagbe- Okupe.( First Indigenous owner of a Bank and Founder of WEMA.BANK)

Obafemi Awolowo (Premier western region, champion of free education and in- law to the incumbent V.P) 

Mike Adenuga (Glo) 

Otunba Subomi Balogun ( Chairman FCMB)

Molade.Okoya Thomas (Chairman CFAO)

Oba Otudeko CFR (Chairman first bank)

Razak Akanni Okoya ( Eleganza) 
Chief Bayo Kuku

Kensington Adebutu( Baba Ijebu lotto) 

Femi Otedola (Forte Oil) 

Folorunsho Alikija. ( richest black woman alive)
And many more.

In conclusion, the Ijebus are one of the wealthiest tribes in Nigeria  Pre- Independence till date. Highly cerebral and full of integrity. 
 Without bias, I dare to say, we are great and have been and will continue to be, a source of tremendous blessing to this Nation. 

Source: http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/amazing-story-wealthy-ijebu-entrepreneurs/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IJEBUS by tpiadotcom: 12:26am On Jun 06, 2015
the ones in somalia should give a shout out?
Re: IJEBUS by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:27am On Jun 06, 2015
ijebus are yorubas, so your tiltle is wholly false.

Re: IJEBUS by saintikechi(m): 12:36am On Jun 06, 2015
Bros see chest beating tinz.

Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 12:37am On Jun 06, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
ijebus are yorubas, so your tiltle is wholly false.

Not necessarily, Ijebus are yorubas first sons. We lead, others follow. Our leadership prevails over the whole of southern Nigeria, south east including.

Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 12:38am On Jun 06, 2015
saintikechi:
Bros see chest beating tinz.

Ijebu... the greatest ever. And I'm being humble to say the least.

Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 12:40am On Jun 06, 2015
tpiadotcom:
the ones in somalia should give a shout out?

Somalians Naaa, highly doubtful mate! Ijebu are the greatest. Fact!!!
Re: IJEBUS by cjrane: 12:44am On Jun 06, 2015
Ijebus are the only group of yorubas i respect.
They are generally shrewd,hardworking and fair minded folks.

Re: IJEBUS by tpiadotcom: 12:46am On Jun 06, 2015
Tdhforreal:

Somalians Naaa, highly doubtful mate!

are you saying there are no Ijebus in Somalia?

Ijebu are the greatest. Fact!!!

you know what they say: oun a ni lan gbe laruge!

If you dont praise yourself, who will praise you?

Re: IJEBUS by StOla: 12:49am On Jun 06, 2015
You forget the Odutola brothers.

Jimoh Odutola
Adeola Odutola

They were just about the foremost Yoruba industrialists.

Story has it that when Awolowo decided to pursue his law degree in the UK to complement the Commerce degree he had already acquired by correspondence from the UK, he approached Jimoh Odutola for a loan, but he refused, claiming Awo could not guarantee he'd come back to Nigeria.

Indeed, the richest Yorubas have always been the Ijebus, owing to their business sense, and they have no connection to the biblical Jebusites.

Re: IJEBUS by Shymm3x: 12:51am On Jun 06, 2015
tdh my nyggah, this thread is unnecessary.

Don't let us blow our trumpet - real recognise real, ya get me?

God bless Ijebu people!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 12:58am On Jun 06, 2015
StOla:
You forget the Odutola brothers.

Jimoh Odutola
Adeola Odutola

They were just about the foremost Yoruba industrialists.

Story has it that when Awolowo decided to pursue his law degree in the UK to complement the Commerce degree he had already acquired by correspondence from the UK, he approached Jimoh Odutola for a loan, but he refused, claiming Awo could not guarantee he'd come back to Nigeria.

Indeed, the richest Yorubas have always been the Ijebus, owing to their business sense, and they have no connection to the biblical Jebusites.

Bro, Ijebus are just too many to mention. I heard about the Odutola's tho. Ijebus are great and there's nothing no Igbos can tell me, but there woman are good tho grin

Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 12:59am On Jun 06, 2015
Shymm3x:
tdh my nyggah, this thread is unnecessary.

Don't let us blow our trumpet - real recognise real, ya get me?

God bless Ijebu people!

Bro, had too. Was having drinks tonight, this topic sprung out of the conversation. And No Igbo person can tell me otherwise. But their girls tho grin grin
Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 1:00am On Jun 06, 2015
tpiadotcom:

are you saying there are no Ijebus in Somalia?

Lol... funny guy

you know what they say: oun a ni lan gbe laruge!

If you dont praise yourself, who will praise you?
Re: IJEBUS by Shymm3x: 1:06am On Jun 06, 2015
Tdhforreal:

Bro, had too. Was having drinks tonight, this topic sprung out of the conversation. And No Igbo person can tell me otherwise. But their girls tho grin grin

Lmao @ Igbos. What's there to compete with Igbos? They can't measure up and I doubt they will ever be able to.

So why waste ya time and let them draw you into unnecessary chest-beating that's synonymous with them?

Just allow it - a lot of other Yorubas won't like this. One big Yoruba - I don't want the Egba blood in me to start kiriji war with the Ijebu blood in me. grin

Please delete the thread.

Re: IJEBUS by StOla: 1:06am On Jun 06, 2015
Tdhforreal:

Bro, Ijebus are just too many to mention. I heard about the Odutola's tho. Ijebus are great and there's nothing no Igbos can tell me, but there woman are good tho grin

Indeed!

I dare to say that the Ijebus occupy the largest land mass of Yorubaland. Even the Ijesha-Ijebu and Itsekiri of Ugborodo claim to be Ijebu descent.

Re: IJEBUS by ZeezaRapture(m): 1:07am On Jun 06, 2015
Tdhforreal:

Ijebu... the greatest ever. And I'm being humble to say the least.

Bros, i dey take this kind thing serious ooo.....why didnt you mention Ijebu Isiwo

I opened this thread to see where my fore-fathers came from (Isiwo) and i'm disappointed not to see it there.

Is it that you forgot to add it or what??

Ijebu Isiwo is the second largest/famous after Ijebu Ode.

Ijebu Igbo is famous too but not as Isiwo.

Get your facts right
Re: IJEBUS by NDPVF(m): 1:10am On Jun 06, 2015
I love Ijebus,but several attempts to swallow them up by tagging the 'Yoruba',is a bane to their global outlook.The word 'yoruba' paints them black.For instance,two years ago,i was in Tampa bay Florida,and i met a Nigerian of Yoruba decent,who droves me round the city,and i found out that he is from Ogun,but when we raised the topic of OBJ and his tenure,the guy started mentioning tribes in Ogun,and how they behaves,and was quick to label ijebu tribe ritualists,and stingy people.He said a lot,which i wasnt interested in.Therefore,every well meaning Ijebu,must ensure that his/her identity never dies.

Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 1:10am On Jun 06, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao @ Igbos. What's there to compete with Igbos? They can't measure up and I doubt they will ever be able to.

So why waste ya time and let them draw you into unnecessary chest-beating that's synonymous with them?

Just allow it - a lot of other Yorubas won't like this. One big Yoruba - I don't want the Egba blood in me to start kiriji war with the Ijebu blood in me. grin

mess the chest beaters. There's no nobility in humility. Egbas are alright tho, but down here in.the south we all know.who the kings are... IJEBUS

Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 1:12am On Jun 06, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

Bros, i dey take this kind thing serious ooo.....why didnt you mention Ijebu Isiwo

I opened this thread to see where my fore-fathers came from (Isiwo) and i'm disappointed not to see it there.

Get your facts right

Apologies my dear friend. Skipped my mind.
Amora WA o..tabi rira.wa

Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 1:15am On Jun 06, 2015
StOla:

Indeed!

I dare to say that the Ijebus occupy the largest land mass of Yorubaland. Even the Ijesha-Ijebu and Itsekiri of Ugborodo claim to be Ijebu descent.

Most definitely.. proudly Ijebu. I'm not tribalist, but waiting for those chest beaters to.flood.here and I'll fuckimg have them, crush.the fuxxers
Re: IJEBUS by tpiadotcom: 1:19am On Jun 06, 2015
Shymm3x:

I don't want the Egba blood in me to start kiriji war with the Ijebu blood in me.

No, you don't want that.

Shymm3x:

Lmao @ Igbos. What's there to compete with Igbos?

Perhaps the op is Igbo
Re: IJEBUS by Shymm3x: 1:21am On Jun 06, 2015
Tdhforreal:

mess the chest beaters. There's no nobility in humility. Egbas are alright tho, but down here in.the south we all know.who the kings are... IJEBUS

Lol. There's nobility in humility especially when there's intra-hatred within the larger group, though it's somewhat subtle now. So why do something that will foster it? Look around you, what do you see? Even the fact that a lot of folks always try too hard to make the Awujale feel lesser than what it commands among Yoruba kingship is telling.

You can't deny greatness but there's no point in blowing ya own trumpet. We prefer being silent achievers just as Osinbajo, Akinwunmi, and Oshoala have arrived of late. Let's keep it that way and not draw unnecessary attention.

Re: IJEBUS by tpiadotcom: 1:22am On Jun 06, 2015
Actually, there's plenty of nobility in humility
Re: IJEBUS by StOla: 1:23am On Jun 06, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

Get your facts right

Funny I never heard of Ijebu Isiwo too.

For those who would like to know, Ijebus can be found in

IJEBU
Ijebu Ode
Ijebu Igbo
Ijebu Isiwo
Odogbolu
Ago-Iwoye
Oru
Ijebu Imusin
Ogun Waterside

REMO
Sagamu Remo
Iperu Remo
Ikenne Remo
Ogere Remo
Ode Remo
Ilisan Remo
Ipara Remo
Isara Remo

LAGOS
Ikorodu
Epe
Ibeju Lekki

EXTRAS
Ijesha Ijebu (different from Ijebu Ijesha who are Ijesha)
Ugborodo Itsekiri

Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 1:26am On Jun 06, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. There's nobility in humility especially when there's intra-hatred within the larger group, though it's somewhat subtle now. So why do something that will foster it? Look around you, what do you see? Even the fact that a lot of folks always try too hard to make the Awujale feel lesser than what it commands among Yoruba kingship is telling.

You can't deny greatness but there's no point in blowing ya own trumpet. We prefer being silent achievers just as Osinbajo, Akinwunmi, and Oshoala have arrived of late. Let's keep it that way and not draw unnecessary attention.

Lolll.. makes sense. Waiting for those flat heads to show up, I'll fukkn Ave them!
Re: IJEBUS by Tdhforreal(m): 1:31am On Jun 06, 2015
tpiadotcom:

No, you don't want that.

Brov, ain't no way I'm Igbo. TDH that's not an attribute associated with our omo Igbos

Perhaps the op is Igbo
Re: IJEBUS by Shymm3x: 1:56am On Jun 06, 2015
--

Re: IJEBUS by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 06, 2015
StOla:

Funny I never heard of Ijebu Isiwo too.

For those who would like to know, Ijebus can be found in

IJEBU
Ijebu Ode
Ijebu Igbo
Ijebu Isiwo
Odogbolu
Ago-Iwoye
Oru
Ijebu Imusin
Ogun Waterside

REMO
Sagamu Remo
Iperu Remo
Ikenne Remo
Ogere Remo
Ode Remo
Ilisan Remo
Ipara Remo
Isara Remo

LAGOS
Ikorodu
Epe
Ibeju Lekki

EXTRAS
Ijesha Ijebu (different from Ijebu Ijesha who are Ijesha)
Ugborodo Itsekiri
I read the transcript of an interview in one of the Nigerian dailies where the king of Ode-remo claimed they migrated from iremo and ilode quarters in Ile -ife, hence the name Ode-Remo.
I have a friend from Ijebu-isara, it's not listed above. Not many people also know that some part of ijebu share boundaries with some Ife villages.
Re: IJEBUS by Shymm3x: 2:15am On Jun 06, 2015
--
Re: IJEBUS by tpiadotcom: 2:56am On Jun 06, 2015

Re: IJEBUS by mizztee(f): 4:29am On Jun 06, 2015
Yoruba people are gullible sha! I am almost certain that the OP is definitely not yoruba.

Fayose Pardons 31 Ekiti Civil Servants Who Resumed Late To Work / Buhari Presides Over FEC, Swears In New INEC Commissioners / #dapchi Girls: FG Sends Delegation To Meet Principal, Officials In Yobe (PICS)