Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US (753 Views)

Man Who Recently Served As Best Man At A Wedding Dies In His Sleep (pics / Rihanna Boobs Is Pressure After 2 Perpendicular Aeroplanes. / Former Peter Odili's Aide Dies In Fire Inside His Room (Very Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US by oludashmi(f): 6:32am On Jun 06, 2015
A young Nigerian banker, Ms. Ebere Ukwu, who left for the United States of America after loosing her job as a bank manager during Nigeria’s financial meltdown, has died. She died 2 years after being on life support in the US.

Ebere never experienced the pleasures she dreamt of as she went into coma and was placed on life support machine, months after arriving United States from Nigeria.

She died on June 1, at 12.05 a.m, Ms. Ebere Ukwu’s dream died with her inside the Intensive Care Unit of Wake Medical Center in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Her brother, Mr. Ezuma Ukwu, issued this statement when contacted: “The news of her transition is devastating to the family. On the 1st of June, I received a call at about 2.30am Nigerian time from the medical staff that her condition had deteriorated and by 5.20am another call came in that she had passed on. We find solace in the fact that she made Christ her Lord and saviour; she’s resting in His bosom. The vacuum left by her cannot be filled, but we take solace in the fact that this is only a transition to a place where we’ll all meet and never to part again. We appreciate all those who have been with us in prayers.”

Tunde Atiku, a registered nurse in Raleigh shared the stages of Ebere’s life to the end of her time last week.

“Jebose, I met Ebere and her family during our university days at Lagos State University. Her older sister and I were lovers. The family welcomed me into their home. I was always around them and I am grateful for those university days when their home gave me love, comfort and a great girlfriend in Lara. Years later, after our university education, we went separate ways as life demanded. I moved to the United States. In November 2012, Ebere called from Atlanta and informed me she was in the United States. Her immediate desire then was to legalise her stay in the country. She came into United States with some money to help her settle her immigration status. She didn’t want to marry to get her legal status. She hoped for a real marriage.

"Thus, in Atlanta, she was introduced to several suitors but she found none of them serious. Employment was becoming a challenge; her finance was draining by daily living and hustles in America. She wanted to work; through a friend, Ebere found a baby-sitting job in Maryland. She relocated to Maryland in April 2013 to become a baby sitter to one Igbo lady, a mistress from hell. She called me every day, complaining of her hardship, mental abuse and threats from her employer. She would complain about mistreatment and irregular payment from the lady. I encouraged her to leave the job and relocate to Raleigh and live with me. I promised to help find her a decent job, free from daily verbal abuses and indignity. Ebere wanted the American dream. She went through hard life in Maryland because of this thing called the American dream. Jebose, imagine your employer, a fellow Nigerian, threatening to call the law on you because of your immigration status and withholding your agreed income. Ebere took care of her boss’ three children and also did housekeeping for the family, yet they tormented her.”

Read her full story from life to death http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/2-years-after-ebere-nigerias-ex-banker-dies-in-us/

Re: After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US by INTROVERT(f): 6:39am On Jun 06, 2015
cry cry
Re: After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US by Jetjacky(m): 6:50am On Jun 06, 2015
angry those people are murderers and should be brought to book: which kind mistress be that!! was about to ask why she went into coma. Bullshits!!
Re: After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US by Jetjacky(m): 6:51am On Jun 06, 2015
INTROVERT:
cry cry
c your face
Re: After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US by Escalze(m): 6:53am On Jun 06, 2015
Sad

RIP
Re: After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US by Godfullsam(m): 6:55am On Jun 06, 2015
The story that touched cry cry.

May her gentle soul Rest In Peace.
Re: After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US by slap1(m): 7:25am On Jun 06, 2015
Two years on life support is big money. I hope she actually rests from the troubles of this crazy world.

May God console those she left behind.

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US by Eberex(m): 8:04am On Jun 06, 2015
Eya my name sake. Rip
Re: After 2 Years On Life Support, Ebere, Nigeria’s Ex-banker Dies In US by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 3:45am On Jun 07, 2015
You are resting now, in a better place where you do not have to hustle or struggle or even endure harassment from anyone. RIP Ebere....God loves you! embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Top 8 Whatsapp Tips And Tricks You Might Not Know / Why Is It That Men Cheats And Nurses Cheating With A Girl He Founds Attractive. / Photos: Isis Publicly Flog Two Men For Privately Breaking Ramadan Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.