Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts (925 Views)

Voip / IP PBX Study Group / Sharepoint Study Group Anyone? / Cisco Nigeria Skype Study Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts by Mellorix: 8:15am On Jun 06, 2015
OK .. Decided to open this for anyone interested in Hyper V Virtualization Deployment -

I have bulk of experience with Hyper-V,deployment , Setup, Design

feel free to ask questions of post technical problems here.

Ill make sure to answer as soon as possible,

www.kevzon.com
Re: Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts by amarawa: 12:50am On Jun 25, 2015
I will like to run hyperV and esxi but i hv a low capacity pc. Can u advise on an effective hardware for lab?
Re: Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts by Mellorix: 6:55am On Jun 25, 2015
amarawa:
I will like to run hyperV and esxi but i hv a low capacity pc. Can u advise on an effective hardware for lab?
What is the specification of PC you have ?
Re: Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts by ptoall1000: 7:50am On Jun 25, 2015
i cant even use it on my pc. It is a Pentium dual core, 6gb RAM Hp laptop. It hangs may times when i install windows server on vmware on it. I need advice on what to use for the lab that will not cost more than 600 dollars (it could be the shuttle box u guys mentioned or alternative laptop).
Re: Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts by Mellorix: 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
Ok there are few things to consider that wil drastically increase the speed of your LAB Enviroment.
1. At least 16 GB RAM
2. SD Hard drive = 250GB will do (They are expensive but trust me – it is worth every penny)
3. At least INTEL i3 processor (Don’t go for AMD – they get hot in no time)
Ok – now since you know the above – you need to think about how u intend to achieve this .
Firstly – 600 US Dollars which is about N119,000 will get you a laptop of hmmm 8GB RAM , and 1T HDD. And I3 Intel processor (Check accer , they are very generous with RAM size and its upgradable) check the below link for HP Pavilion. You can upgrade the ram to 16GB and change the hard disk to SSD.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-p245sa-15-6-laptop-with-beats-audio-white-10108688-pdt.html

By the way? Are you in Nigeria or US?

If you have any further technical questions – feel free.
Re: Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts by amarawa: 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
I'm in Abuja, Nigeria. But is laptop good for lab?
Re: Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts by Mellorix: 5:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
amarawa:
yes
Re: Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts by Mellorix: 5:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
amarawa:

yes
Re: Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts by amarawa: 5:43am On Jul 01, 2015
Pls do you have materials ( tutorials ) on Esxi

(1) (Reply)

How To GET Unlimited Free 1 Year F-secure Premium VPN And Antivirus / How To Make Use Of Whatsapp On Your Computer / CM Security For PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.