Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence (23863 Views)

Gbajabiamila Donates 5 Cars To 5 People In Surulere (pics) / Shekau Reacts To Al-Barnawi's Emergence As Boko Haram Leader / Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by utuk: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
going!going!!goi........ng!!! APC still learning internal poliking
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by baralatie(m): 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
Jorussia:
There is no way dogara will emerge as the speaker on floor of the house on Tuesday. Some PDP members from my state here(EDO)have openly declared their support for gbaja.Dogara should simply accept deputy speaker and move on because at least 40% of PDP members vote will go to gbaja.mind you,out of the 218 APC member elect, it was only 182 that came for exercise, which means that gbaja will still get votes from others not present.
#wait for tuesday#
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by otr1(m): 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
Who is this Dullgaraangry
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by ollyruffy: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
APC has chosen the speaker. End of story.

Dogara should accept defeat in the interest of the party. APC will not allow him open wall of division for the PDP vampires to enter through.
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by bjdon: 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
I am loving this so called 'Change'
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by rottenegg: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
jabbo:

Always be sure of your information before making contribution. Dogara is neither Hausa nor Fulani. He is a Northern Minority from Bauchi.
So, that makes him ibo or efik?

1 Like

Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
Gbafun Oga eh
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by emmanuelabolaji: 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
APC have to be very careful at this crucial point in time and watch the PDP agent within the party, they have not come to be progressive rather to destroy the progressives. My advice to Dogora if he wants to remain relevant in the polity, he should humbly accept the option of the deputy speaker of the house.
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
kristonium:

I read the report!
I use the word,'subtle imposition'...Why primaries in the 1st place? Its unconstitutional bro.The house should be allowed to vote.They weren't even informed aforehand that there would be primaries! Its an open secret that Jagaban wants his boy there as the speaker and will be ready to get what he wants by all means!
Let's stop deceiving ourselves!

Who told you they werent informed? The news about this primary election has been out about a week ago. That aside, the party has decided to elect the speaker the though ballot box.
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by ibietela2(m): 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
Na Demdem, nothing concerns US. i mean Barcansita Mogidi Truckpusher

1 Like

Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2015
Kenobus:
Tinubu will destroy the party very soon. Despite Buhari saying that the NASS should be allowed to choose their leaders, the NWC in disobedience wants to impose candidates for the NASS. PDP should come together to make sure Apc doesn't have its preferred choices. Pdp should support Saraki and Dogara. In the Senate Pdp can even present David Mark if he is able to garner up to 10 Apc members.

How United State Speaker is Selected

The House of Representatives elects the Speaker of the House on
the first day of every new Congress and in the event of the death
or resignation of an incumbent Speaker. The Clerk of the House
of Representatives requests nominations: there are normally two,
one from each major party (each party having previously met to
decide on its nominee).
The Clerk then calls the roll of the
Representatives-elect, each Representative-elect indicating the
surname of the candidate he or she is supporting.
Representatives-elect are not restricted to voting for one of the
nominated candidates and may vote for any person, even for
someone who is not a member (or member-elect) of the House at
all. They may also abstain by voting "present". [3]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Speaker_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

Note that it is stated that the political parties made the decision of
who to contest ahead of time. And each party only present one
person.

APC is doing the right thing
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by igidaduro: 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
Dogara just fell for this simple politics, majority of the absentee will go with the majority

1 Like

Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by ndcide(m): 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
apolonius:
The desperation of Dogara in the name of democracy that has seen him offering the PDP the deputy speaker position will not fly.

I hope the president calls his kinsmen to order,Hausa-Fulani mustn't lead the House of Reps and senate and the presidency at the same time.

Nigeria as the APC is not just made-up of Hausa-Fulanis alone.

Then the position should have gone to the south south.

At least there is a ranking rep member from edo state.

Let's not deceive ourselves in this country. What is happening now is dangerous but in thinking ourselves wise, we may become fools.

1 Like

Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by Waspy(m): 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
In Drake's voice..... Murthaafu*kers, They never loved us
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by apolonius(m): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Dogara is a Sayawa by tribe. The whole North isn't made up of Hausa-Fulani especially the North central and North East.

I am talking of the Northern region beyond a tribe.I am Igala too and from the region politically and culturally.
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by funshint(m): 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
Does he expect him and the Senate president to cum 4rm dsame region?! He shld take a one way trip to d lagoon joor...Up gbaja!!!
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by neocortex: 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
folabayo1:
Tanoids cannot stop our progress walahi grin

In your cave in Daura , confusion and conflict is synonymous with progress.
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by DEDEAL77(m): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
Congrat to Gbajabiamila.
But He should not forget that whatever happens during his reign Posterity will judge him.
Dogora shd calm down to learn, this senate needs to put its best foot forward ,too many round pegs in square holes its time to institute workable structures on which the country can soar .
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by mbulela: 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
INTROVERT:
APC should try not to make the same mistakes PDP made
The same mistake will be made and nothing can be done about it.
The National Assembly is a fraternity that transcends party loyalty.
Those men and women make choicest protect their looting tendencies. If Femi does not argue well for their selfish purposes,he will be defeated on Tuesday.
There is nothing like principle in the national assembly, it is all about selfish interests.

1 Like

Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by mbulela: 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Who told you they werent informed? The news about this primary election has been out about a week ago. That aside, the party has decided to elect the speaker the though ballot box.
APC conducts primaries when it suits Jagaban and conducts selection when it suits same
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
mbulela:

APC conducts primaries when it suits Jagaban and conducts selection when it suits same

What ya say about PDP that cannot hold presidential and governorship primary with out resorting to rigging and manipulation?

In lagos, Obanikoro was crying foul about how he was cheated. This is the place number of acredicted voters is more than total counter vote. The same manipulation played out in different states where PDP held there primary.

Ordinary PDP governorship caucus election between amechi and jona jang was the greatest sham ever. What ya say about that fool?

You are so naive and adamant to positive change where we dont practise 16>19. APC is teaching you guys what democracy is.

1 Like

Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by VirginFinder: 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Dogara is a learner! By choosing a PDP deputy, he has drawn the battle line between PDP and APC.
I see him stepping down sha!!
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by mbulela: 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

What ya say about PDP that cannot hold presidential and governorship primary with out resorting to rigging and manipulation?

In lagos, Obanikoro was crying foul about how he was cheated. This is the place number of acredicted voters is more than total counter vote. The same manipulation played out in different states where PDP held there primary.

Ordinary PDP governorship caucus election between amechi and jona jang was the greatest sham ever. What ya say about that fool?

You are so naive and adamant to positive change where we dont practise 16>19. APC is teaching you guys what democracy is.
Your idiocy is mind boggling.
Where in my post did you see a defence of PDP?
They have the likes of Metuh and Akin Osuntukun to do such diety work for them.
You sense of reasoning mist transcend the simplicity view that any criticism of APC is a defense of PDP. Some of us do not care for acronyms that mean little. Try and comprehend that fact, assuming it is not difficult for your simple mind.
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by omojeesu(m): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
Shame Shame Shame to APC!
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by ransomed: 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
DickDastardly:
I support Dogara
:::- Do you have a voting right in the House? If not, your support, endorsement and clamour is immaterial.
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
mbulela:

Your idiocy is mind boggling.
Where in my post did you see a defence of PDP?
They have the likes of Metuh and Akin Osuntukun to do such diety work for them.
You sense of reasoning mist transcend the simplicity view that any criticism of APC is a defense of PDP. Some of us do not care for acronyms that mean little. Try and comprehend that fact, assuming it is not difficult for your simple mind.

bla bla bla

APC teaching PDP what democracy is. You can blab all you like
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by mjbaba: 10:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
This is what is really happening: Saraki wants to be senate president. Tinubu is against his candidacy. Tinubu has brought out Lawan from Yobe in the north east to contest against Saraki. Saraki's supporters are trying to beat Tinubu at his game by sponsoring Dogara, also from the north east, to emerge as speaker so that Lawan's bid for senate presidency will be scuttled as speaker and senate president can't be from North east.
Realising their plan, this is Tinubu's response to ensure Gbajabiamila and not Dogara wins the speakership
Interesting
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by ZeezaRapture(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
Jamaticulus:
Chei...Dogara

Meanwhile,I remember one
time like that when my mum slapped me inside
Idumota market.... I saw Angel Michael selling
white lace material.

you live in lagos island??
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by PenSniper: 3:25am On Jun 07, 2015
Who is this Abdumumin that writes elementary english as a Phd. Phd in what and from what institution ? If the writer of this roadside english is the spokesman for the Dogara group, it means they are s wash-out.
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by SUBWAY101(m): 5:27am On Jun 07, 2015
onatisi:
it is you that needs to be worried . Apc is almost 70% out of the grips of tinubu ,just wait and see how the north will complete the party hijack.

M.oronic loser, You have been bitter since your foolish party lost. We warned you then but you always typing trash with that your black ugly finger, this is the same oaf rejoicing today cos of bomb blast just to insult Buhari. Face your dead party and leave other people alone. Agbaya
Re: Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 07, 2015
DrWise:
Dogara is the next speaker, nothing to worry about.

We are not deceived by Gbaja's refrain of "I am not Tinubu's candidate."

Lalasticlala, please strike a balance on the front page with this Dogara's rejection of the mock polls.

I think you are being Myopic to believe emergence of dogara will
favour PDP. i bliv d North is playing a smart one.

If PDP decide to give Dogara block vote, they will only be doing
Buhari and d North a big favour. The truth is dat Gbajabiamala is
more likely to oppose Buhari than Dogara. If i am Buhari, i will
secretly wish Dogara wins. And Dogara will be loyal to APC even
if most of his votes comes from PDP.

In d case of Tambuwal and Jonathan, Tambuwal only opposed
Jonathan because he is from North west. And for him to be love
in Sokoto and bcome governor, he knew he can only get that by
opposing Jonathan. And it work for him.

In d case of dogara, he will work in d general interest of d North.
which will be giving Buhari all d support he needs.

d PDP reps are not silly enough to support Dogara. because
Gbajabiamala will favour PDP more. because when Southwest
have issue with Buhari in d future, they will use Gbajabiamala
alongside PDP members to fustrate Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alao Akala With His Wife, Kemi In Paris / How Police Took Over NASS, Tear-Gassed Lawmakers Under GEJ - Vanguard News, 2014 / Sanwo-olu Has Abandoned Governance For Tinubu’s Campaign - Ebun Adegboruwa (SAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.