Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed (1344 Views)

46 Things About The World You Dont Know! / Top 9 Most Poisonous Animals In The World – You Don’t Want To Mess With Them! / 10 Facts About The Sun You Probably Didn't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
Though in nigeria, atms to us only mean withdrawal atms, we d be suprised to know that there are other types of atms aroubd the world that perform other funbctions than for withdrawal. Below is a list of 3 such atms.
1. Cash deposit atm: The Cash Deposit Machine (CDM) is a self-service atm that lets you make deposits and payment transactions by cash.

All successful transactions are immediately credited and customers will be issued an advice slip confirming the transaction. To use the CDM, customers need to have either their ATM or Credit Card or know the account no they want to pay into
2. Cheque deposit atm: this was d only description I could get for it.
Visit one of your bank's Automated Teller Machines (ATMs). Make sure your check is filled out clearly and legibly, and that you've endorsed it ahead of time. It's important that you select your own bank's ATM. While most cash machines and ATMs will dispense cash to anyone with a debit card who is willing to accept the fee, the other ATM deposit functions will only work for members of that bank specifically.
Credit union members who regularly do shared drafting at other locations will have to use an ATM from their particular credit union, not a shared draft union.

Swipe your ATM card or debit card and login to the ATM with your Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you don't have this information you'll need to go into the bank and speak with a teller.

From the menu, select "Deposit." A list of your checking and savings accounts should show up next. Select the account into which you'd like the check deposited. Next, you'll have the choice between cash and check next. Select check.

Insert your checks. There should be an insert slot with directions about orienting the check (face up or face down, etc.) printed on the machine. Follow the directions and insert your checks. Next, the ATM will scan the checks and will ask you to confirm the information on the check as it has "read" it. Examine it carefully to ensure the ATM has the correct amount, account number, and other information.
Some Bank of America ATM kiosks allow you to insert up to ten checks at a time, but read the directions on the particular ATM carefully before you try and insert more than one.

Compete other transactions if you wish. At this point, the ATM will provide your current balance and ask if you'd like another transaction. You can either withdraw cash, print a receipt, or deposit cash.

3. Gold atmssad well they basically are atms dat dispense gold)The vending machines are covered in gold leaf, and includes a touch screen, cash and credit card slots, and a lighted display showcase. Users must scan identification for purchases exceeding 100 Euro, and any single user may only access the system three times in one day before an enforced 48 hour break to prevent money laundering. The machines are fitted "like an armored vehicle" and tested with explosives to prevent theft, and include surveillance cameras that record all transactions.
4. Drive thru atms: though I've never seen one b4 myself, a friend told me about it and I've seen pictures of it online. Its mostly found in the middle eastern countries and are located by the roadside(deserts) so u can basically withdraw money whiele driving without having to get out of ur car.

1 Like

Re: Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by gragraboy: 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
In 9ja we have slow network atm it will deduct your money but not it will not dispense the cash.
Re: Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
I've seen that last one but iin ma dreams... @OP kindly decorate your facts with pix.
Re: Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
Yeah, ill soon upload d pix.
vimi:
I've seen that last one but iin ma dreams... @OP kindly decorate your facts with pix.
Re: Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by sinaj(f): 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
I almost believed diz op but your no. 3 nd 4 sha

op i hail theee!!!!
Re: Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
1. Cash deposit atm
2. Cheque deposit atm
3. Gold atm
4. Drive thru atm

Re: Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
sinaj:
I almost believed diz op but your no. 3 nd 4 sha

op i hail theee!!!!
Hmm, its real. U really need to travel out of d country to know we r missing a lot here in naija.
Though I personally haven't come across no 3 and 4 as well, no 1 and 2 are for sure cos I know, have seen and used b4.

1 Like

Re: Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by sinaj(f): 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
qbd2:

Hmm, its real. U really need to travel out of d country to know we r missing a lot here in naija.
Though I personally haven't come across no 3 and 4 as well, no 1 and 2 are for sure cos I know, have seen and used b4.

I knw of 1 nd 2.

av seen it movies. Itz ur 3 nd 4 dat I doubt.

perhap ur friend saw it one of diz fiction science movie
Re: Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
sinaj:

I knw of 1 nd 2.

av seen it movies. Itz ur 3 nd 4 dat I doubt.

perhap ur friend saw it one of diz fiction science movie
No they r real but uncommon. Like no 3, is found mostly in middle eastern countries where they deal mostly in gold. No 4 is present in countries like uk, us ...
u can browse through d pictures I've uploaded ond thread. And when u have time, u can try googling thme up as well.

1 Like

Re: Atms Around The World You Didn't Know Existed by sinaj(f): 11:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
qbd2:

No they r real but uncommon. Like no 3, is found mostly in middle eastern countries where they deal mostly in gold. No 4 is present in countries like uk, us ...
u can browse through d pictures I've uploaded ond thread. And when u have time, u can try googling thme up as well.

got u fenkz...

will check em up lera

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Introduces Exclusive Whatsapp Data Bundle Service To Customers / Benefits Of Taking The Fruit(noni) With Xeronine Precursor / Iphone 7 At 150 Naira, Are Online Auction Sites Scams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.