Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Signs That Your Smartphone Is Making You Dumb - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Signs That Your Smartphone Is Making You Dumb (492 Views)

10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing / 14 Signs That You Have A Bad Roommate / How Smartphone Is Ruining Your Life(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Signs That Your Smartphone Is Making You Dumb by taiocol: 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
A smartphone is a decidedly must-have thing in
our life, it is like a status symbol that needs to be displayed vainly. While our phones keep getting smarter with technological advancements, we are however, losing our smartness because of our excessive dependence on it.

Your communication skills have deadened
Yes, that is 100% true. When was the last
time you actually remember having a normal
conversation with someone? This got you
thinking right? We are not only hinged to our
phone because we want to know the direction
of a family friend's house but also we need it
to ease awkwardness. You have forgotten the age-old art of communication.

You have no clue as to what is happening around you
This is a classic symptom of smartphone ailment. Your device incarcerates your attention, making you completely oblivious
about things that are going around. Your
conscious mind is so vanquished by your
phone that you wittingly or unwittingly avoid
other people's presence.

You have become bad at spellings
If there's one skill that has taken a major
plummet since smartphones, it is our
linguistic ability. It is plain gnawing to see
those half-eaten words on your phone screen,
it almost took me two days to figure this
"symptoms tyms I dnt knw wt he mnz". By virtue of auto correct, things have become really easy,
but in turn, have made you more dumb.t

You can't sleep peacefully
having it near you is most likely to disrupt
your deeper phase of sleep that is concerned
with body repairing. And what about the
nagging itch to check your email or Facebook
notification? Sleep deprivation redounds in a
bad way on our health, and we are sure you
can endure an 8-hour parting from your
precious phone.

#DumbSmartPhone

1 Share

Re: Signs That Your Smartphone Is Making You Dumb by ademega(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
Yes , necessary evil I call it
Re: Signs That Your Smartphone Is Making You Dumb by Rosemary216(f): 10:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
Exactly. Dat auto correct z killing me! I remember when i used it, i got so used to the autocorrect that when am writing in real life, i expect d words am spelling to autofill themselves. It was too bad because with time i began to forget little spellings. People claim it makes life easy, but for me it stresses my life. I had to run back to my old phone without been told.

(1) (Reply)

Answer This Question (photo) / The left hand syndrome in nigeria / Mrcork VS Vizkiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.