Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

“doing Nude Scenes Is Never On My To-do-list”-onyeka Emechebe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “doing Nude Scenes Is Never On My To-do-list”-onyeka Emechebe (1439 Views)

Nwando Kartia Onyeka: Blogger Who Made The List Of 100 Black Women In Canada / Onyeka Onwenu Celebrates Her 64th Birthday Today / Busty Chioma Toplis, Says She Would Only Play Roles That Have Nude Scenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“doing Nude Scenes Is Never On My To-do-list”-onyeka Emechebe by emere007(m): 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
Like I always assert here every time, Nollywood is immensely blessed with talents, and again, I was fortunate to run into one of such in the person of Onyeka Emechebe, an upcoming actress to watch out for. I came across this chocolate skinned and very talented beauty in Badagry Lagos State where she was on location for a soon to be released comedy flick under the stables of Bestman Movies.

This extremely beautiful and enchanting lady, during our chat espoused everything intelligence, confidence and ingenuity. I must confess here that this graduate of Economics, with one of the prettiest smiles and dentition I’ve ever seen on a female, got me thrilled as she held me spellbound with her narratives and superb command of the English Language.

Onyeka who came first-runners up in the Next Movie Star 2014 edition, cuts you as one disciplined thespian who will give all the A-List actresses a run for their money in a few year time:

She recently joined the Set of Award Winning Television Serial Tinsel, and she was so happy that she shared it on her Facebook timeline.

Got a role on Tinsel as a Franchise Manager(Ziggy’s bar) it’s my birthday month and God has started showering me with gifts yayyyy // My IG handle – @onyekaemechebe ..

Posted by Onyeka Mercy Emechebe on Friday, June 5, 2015

In the course of our tête-à-tête, she spoke on her career as an actress, how she almost quit the industry as a result of sexual harassment, her stand on nudity where she stated that she can only play semi nude roles, her role models in the industry; and how she plans to take Nollywood by storm and in the process, climb to the pinnacle of her career.

You can read the rest below and don’t forget to use the Share buttons beside this post and also join on us on Facebook. Your comments and reactions will be highly appreciated and you can do that by using the comments box at the end of this post…

BoxofficeAfrica: Good day let’s meet you?

Onyeka Emechebe: My name is Onyeka Emechebe, I’m a Nollywood actress from Anambra State and a graduate of Economics from Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka Anambra State.

BoxofficeAfrica: So how long have you been in the Industry?

Onyeka Emechebe: Since 2009 actually, my first movie was in 2009 but after that I had to go back to school. I wasn’t consistent then for a long time because I had to conclude my schooling, I came back in 2012 and have been very active ever since. I had a comeback with Bird of Sacrifice produced by P-Collins Productions.

BoxofficeAfrica: Did You play the lead character?

Onyeka Emechebe: No I played supporting, my character was the best friend of Ini Edo in the movie and since then I’ve been very consistent.

BoxofficeAfrica: So far which of the jobs will you say has been the most challenging?

Onyeka Emechebe: Actually this is the first comedy movie I’m doing and I find it very challenging because the character I’m portraying is one of a local girl who finds it difficult communicating in good English, and I must tell you that’s quite challenging. I had to make wrong sentences coupled with flawed pronunciations like “You are not my crass…” (laughs richly … then continues…) and things like that. So I had to learn them before coming on set, its been fun though and challenging as well; and I love challenging jobs because it really makes me work harder.

BoxofficeAfrica: Having spoken with the Assistant Director (Uncle Zakky), who opined that based on technicality the Industry has arrived, do you also subscribe to this assertion?

Onyeka Emechebe: Yes, we learn everyday, and we grow everyday. Even Hollywood which is known to be many leagues ahead of us in terms of technicality and more, is still growing. So it’s still the same for Nollywood. We’ve done a lot of movies that has imparted positively to the society but regardless, we still have a lot to do. The level of professionalism has to improve and I believe we’ll get there very soon.

BoxofficeAfrica: Doing nude scenes happen to be the norm these days especially for up comers, so if asked to do a nude scene, would you oblige?

Onyeka Emechebe: Nudity (ahh!… pauses, then continues…) I can’t do a nude scene or role at this stage of my career, I try to select the kind of roles I play even though as an actress you should be able to do any kind of roles; but unfortunately the society we live in frowns at it, so you need to be very careful. Like I said before, I can’t do nude scenes for now maybe later, but then I can do a semi-nude role, but going entirely nude, that’s a big no!

BoxofficeAfrica: Issues of sexual harassment abound in the industry, have you ever been sexually harassed or victimized by any Director or even a fellow actor?

Onyeka Emechebe: Yes so many times, I would never deny it, it got to a point that I almost called it quits with acting. But I was very determined and I’m still determined to get to the pinnacle of my career regardless. Come to think of it, its not just a Nollywood thing, its in every other sector; its something most girls would have to identify with whether actress or non actress. Notwithstanding, it’s been a huge challenge for me, but I resolved I’d never allow it to derail my dreams of becoming one of the most sought after actresses in this industry. They are still some very good and God fearing Directors who’d give you a job because you merited it and not because you slept with them. I try also to avoid scandals as much as possible.

BoxofficeAfrica: Who are your role models within the Industry?

Onyeka Emechebe: I have a few role models that I truly love and admire, I love Joke Silva, she is my number one, Onyeka Onwenu who happens to be my namesake I love her so much. Then for the new generation I love Omotala Jalade, Genevieve Nnaji; I also look up to Mercy Johnson because she’s a versatile actress who can do almost every role- from comedy, Love, Romance and more.

BoxofficeAfrica: Any words for your fans?

Onyeka Emechebe: Yes! I’d say to my fans (I know I have a few of them), thank you for your love, support and encouragement even on Facebook and Twitter, I thank them for their kind words of encouragement, urging me to be determined and dedicated. I just want to tell them that I love them all.

BoxofficeAfrica: Any advice for those aspiring to get into the industry?

Onyeka Emechebe: Well for those still coming up in the industry- I know I was once like them; I just want to advise them to stay dedicated and determined, they should never allow anything to weigh them down and try to stay on the right path till they achieve their dreams. What brought me this far is humility and the passion I’ve exhibited for the job, with these attributes more people would give you jobs. They should also be prayerful because with God all things are possible.
http://boxofficeafrica.net/2015/05/24/sexual-harassment-almost-made-me-quit-onyeka-emechebe/

Re: “doing Nude Scenes Is Never On My To-do-list”-onyeka Emechebe by sinaj(f): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
for how long
whu is she ?
cnt remember d last time I sat to see naija film.
Re: “doing Nude Scenes Is Never On My To-do-list”-onyeka Emechebe by emere007(m): 12:20am On Jun 08, 2015
sinaj:
for how long

whu is she ?

cnt remember d last time I sat to see naija film.
She's an upcomer and came second runners up in the 2014 next movie star edition.

(1) (Reply)

Carolina Danjuma Celebrates Birthday With Close Friends - See Pics / Burna Boy Flaunts His Gun On Instagram (see Photo) / Victoria Kimani Covers Up For Sick Seyi Shay On Coke Studio [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.