Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five (1659 Views)

Military Descends On Arepo Vandals Hideout In Operation Awathe / Soldier Loses Life At Musari As Troops Clear More Terrorist Hideout In Borno / Reason We Attacked Militants Hideout In Calabar - Ohwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 08, 2015
Policemen attached to the Igbotako Division of the Ondo State Police Command have uncovered a hideout where suspected ritual killers keep their victims.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the hideout is located in Ago Oyinbo Community in the Okitipupa Local Government Area of the state.

According to residents, ritual killers had been using the hideout for the past three years. Police investigations revealed that the suspects, after kidnapping their victims, would bring them to the location and slaughter them.

Sequel to the discovery of the illegal activities of the suspects, the youths of the community were said to have reported to the police who reportedly stormed the village and arrested about five people in connection with the crime. The youths also reportedly demolished the building.

When our correspondent visited the hideout at the village which is a few kilometres from Benni-Ore-Ijebu Ode Expressway, the mud building allegedly used for the act was found demolished while some of the fetish items found there had been burnt.

Also sighted at the hideout were: cow horns, clothes reportedly belonging to some of the victims, palm fronds, bottles of gin, calabashes, ‘Ghana must go’ bags among others .

Confirming the development, the Baale of the Ago Oyinbo, Chief Moyebi Okeowo, explained that the ritual killers started using the building in 2012 when the suspects came to him to beg for a space in the village which they wanted to use for a location to shoot a movie.

He said he asked somebody to take them to the owner of the land, unknown to him that the suspects had an ulterior motive.

He said, “They came to me to beg for a piece of land to shoot their film. I told them I was not the owner of the land and I took them to the brother of the landlord of the land who then took them to the wife of the landlord in Akure.

“I learnt they were authorised by the wife of the landlord to use the land and since then they have been using the land. I told their leader to go and report their activities to the police and he later informed me that he had done so.”

The old man stated further that he was unaware of the activities of the suspects until last Monday when he got the information that the suspects were using human beings for sacrifice on the land.

Also speaking with our correspondent, the Principal of Community Grammar School in a neighbouring community of Kajola, in the Odigbo Local Government area of the state, Mr. Joseph Edosama, said two of the security guards of the school were among the suspects, for conspiring with the suspected kidnappers.

However the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Wole Ogodo, when contacted on telephone said he had not been briefed on the case.http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-uncover-ritual-killers-hideout-in-ondo-arrest-five/

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by twaintoy(f): 6:45am On Jun 08, 2015
Lord have mercy.
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 08, 2015
twaintoy:
Lord have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by cyberdurable(m): 6:52am On Jun 08, 2015
hian!
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by SPAGGYYY(f): 6:55am On Jun 08, 2015
[size=20pt] but.....

i have a better idea on my signature
[/size]
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 08, 2015
Advice: if you are a xtian walking on any street in South West ensure u are pleading the Blood of Jesus. If you are a Muslim, pls, don't forget to say Lahila Illalahu as u walk.
South West has now turned to danger zone.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by sammieguze(m): 7:03am On Jun 08, 2015
It is well
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by phillippiano(m): 7:11am On Jun 08, 2015
derespect:
Advice: if you are a xtian walking on any street in South West ensure u are pleading the Blood of Jesus. If you are a Muslim, pls, don't forget to say Lahila Illalahu as u walk.
Yet your people won't stop rushing there. Fool!
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by buskie13(m): 7:11am On Jun 08, 2015
all these Yoruba ppl has something that's disturbing them which i cannot figure out

talking about the biggest churches in Nigeria... the southwest is where most of em settled...so why all these barbaric activities....or is that they do not listen or what

God help that place called southwest .

God help Nigeria under Baba One Chance watch

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by DaBullIT(m): 7:11am On Jun 08, 2015
derespect:

Shrines are not the same as ritualist's den, but then, some ritualists' dens are actually shrines

So i hope you stop labeling the SW as danger Zone, may God continue to guide and protect each and every one of us
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by Cadamlk: 7:14am On Jun 08, 2015
Na wah we nor con know who be who for this Naija again oo.Even your neighbour sef cannot be trusted
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by UnknownT: 7:27am On Jun 08, 2015
which is better, To kidnap and ask for ransom or To kidnap and use for ritual?

3 Likes

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by Onyejiuwaokoh: 7:28am On Jun 08, 2015
Nigeria is in trouble;The boko haram is pounding the North, Kidnappers are dealing with the East while the Ritualists have taken over the South west completely. We need God's intervention in this unnatural disaster.

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by funkybully(f): 8:00am On Jun 08, 2015
South West again. Ritual and yoloba are twins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:13am On Jun 08, 2015
buskie13:
all these Yoruba ppl has something that's disturbing them which i cannot figure out

talking about the biggest churches in Nigeria... the southwest is where most of em settled...so why all these barbaric activities....or is that they do not listen or what

Pentecostal churches you mean?
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by xmich(m): 8:25am On Jun 08, 2015
Ondo and ritual

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by babs01(m): 8:30am On Jun 08, 2015
How can som1 bypass ondo state from Lagos to delta?
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by 3ace(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2015
babs01:
How can som1 bypass ondo state from Lagos to delta?
Bros, na to fly o.
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by disumusa: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2015
twaintoy:
Lord have mercy.
lie, idiot cannibalisim ibo gorrilla lielie.
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by oilsuop: 10:35am On Jun 08, 2015
We have become number one in ritual killings in yorubaland i dont no if they think thats how yiboos made their money is so unfortunate that we yorubas have gone mad and we are known for laziness sad
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by buskie13(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Pentecostal churches you mean?
apart from Pentecostal churches... the southwest was where de missionaries first touched when they arrived Nigeria
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:57am On Jun 08, 2015
buskie13:
apart from Pentecostal churches... the southwest was where de missionaries first touched when they arrived Nigeria
I know but They don't control the catholic church .
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by buskie13(m): 11:01am On Jun 08, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I know but They don't control the catholic church .
may i ask how de Catholic Church came into existence into Nigeria?
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:02am On Jun 08, 2015
buskie13:
may i ask how de Catholic Church came into existence into Nigeria?

I didn't say it didn't start in the west, I am saying catholicism is more of an eastern thing now.
Please if you still don't get it, don't quote me. Its not that important
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by babs01(m): 11:16am On Jun 08, 2015
3ace:
Bros, na to fly o.
lol
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by disumusa: 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
buskie13:

ibo prostitude race,cannibalisim,lies
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
Southwest is now something else, human ritual is a culture in Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by ElekeNtioba: 2:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
Sophisticated ritualists...can any good thing come out from d south west these days.

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by FKO81(m): 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
derespect:
grin grin grin
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by buskie13(m): 9:40am On Jun 09, 2015
disumusa:
ibo prostitude race,cannibalisim,lies
almajiri kunu drinking cobbler... wat do u know
Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by leadingleathers: 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
White cow horns now available for sale at affordable prices,In huge quantities,good quality and LC (letter of credit) terms of payment for more details contact tel: 00237-676994287 or leadingleaderspark@gmail.com

Re: Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five by leadingleathers: 11:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
cow horns now available for sale at affordable prices,In huge quantities,good quality and LC (letter of credit) terms of payment for more details contact tel: 00237-676994287 or leadingleatherspark@gmail.com[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Was Behind Saraki's Emergence / Buhari Orders Arrest Of Brother-in-law Over Alleged Extortion / Osibanjo is a visitor in country of Western Nigeria , not vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.