Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,477 members, 7,846,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:56 AM

Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje (1095 Views)

Aliko Dangote Hosts Governor Ganduje At His Residence In Victoria Island, Lagos / Extremists Storm Governor Ganduje's Facebook Page, Vow To Kill Again / APC 'll Win In Bayelsa To Enact Buhari’s Change — Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by realjoker(m): 10:30am On Jun 08, 2015
Kano state Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, on Friday
said the state government would enact a law that will
address increasing divorce in the state.
He made the assertion while meeting with Hisbah Guards,
KAROTA, vigilante groups, Vehicle Inspection Officers and
civil society organizations at Coronation Hall, Kano
Government House.
Ganduje directed the state Hisbah Board to discuss the
issue with Islamic scholars and other contemporary Islamic
students with a view to advising government on how the law
would be implemented in Islamic perspective and how to
implement it.
The governor, who described the increase in divorce rate in
the state as worrisome, noted that government would take
appropriate action to stop the menace.
He commended the effort of Hisbah Guards in
institutionalizing Islamic tenets in the state, assuring that his
government would continue to support them to work
effectively.
Share
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/government-to-enact-anti-divorce-law-ganduje/
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 08, 2015
**modified**

i would want to believe that there are other significant matters and pressing issues that the state gov't could look into rather than them poke-nosing in the family matters of its citizens. family matters are personal matters.
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by Feranchek(m): 10:38am On Jun 08, 2015
I'm happy for my life that I'm not as mumu as the poster above me. Alihamdulilahi!!!
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 08, 2015
highest employment rate - the north

highest illiteracy rate - the north

highest quota system beneficiaries - north

highest poverty rate - north

highest parasites in the zoo - the north

highest number of ex-head of state - north

highest number of unemployable youths - north

1 Like

Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by midolian(m): 10:47am On Jun 08, 2015
aguiyi:
highest employment rate - the north

highest illiteracy rate - the north

highest quota system beneficiaries - north

highest poverty rate - north

highest parasites in the zoo - the north

highest number of ex-head of state - north

highest number of unemployable youths - north

1 Like

Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 08, 2015
Feranchek:
I'm happy for my life that I'm not as mumu as the poster above me. Alihamdulilahi!!!

you need a mental therapy session, no offense...

1 Like

Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by Welrez(m): 10:53am On Jun 08, 2015
What is govt business with personal matters? Is Kano State under a totalitarianism? Divorce should be as discretive as marriage. One should not be forced to stay in an uncomforting union.
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by dokyOloye: 10:56am On Jun 08, 2015
U see why northern Nigeria will always be backward?
Always misplacing their priorities.
Go to d north today,only education majority of d children are receiving is 'koranic' education in arabic.

1 Like

Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by StepTwo: 10:58am On Jun 08, 2015
Lugard , you see wetin u cause abi?
I hope you are seeing you misdeeds from ur grave.
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by Feranchek(m): 11:30am On Jun 08, 2015
Dharniel:

you need a mental therapy session, no offense...

None taken. Please where did you do yours?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 08, 2015
Feranchek:

None taken. Please where did you do yours?? undecided
gringringrin, nice one.

1 Like

Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by preetyb(f): 11:42am On Jun 08, 2015
Welrez:
What is govt business with personal matters? Is Kano State under a totalitarianism? Divorce should be as discretive as marriage. One should not be forced to stay in an uncomforting union.

My thought exactly
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by UncleJudax(m): 11:49am On Jun 08, 2015
Dharniel:
i would want to believe that there are other trivial matters and pressing issues that the state gov't could look into rather than them poke-nosing in the family matters of its citizens. family matters are personal matters.
Did you really mean to say trivial? lipsrsealed
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by tartar9(m): 11:50am On Jun 08, 2015
good development
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 08, 2015
This governor appear to be clueless walahi. Isn't he aware that Sharia law is applicable to Kano state?
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by UnknownT: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
Welrez:
If Government can organize and sponsor MASS WEDDING for her citizens. After receiving the money from government as mass wedding whatever, they turn around and divorce each other and then wait for another roiund of MASS WEDDING to apply gringrin . So now government wan wise up

1 Like

Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
UncleJudax:
Did you really mean to say trivial? lipsrsealed
oops, i meant to say "significant". thanks for the notice...
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by UncleJudax(m): 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2015
Dharniel:

oops, i meant to say "significant". thanks for the notice...
anytime
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
mtschwww......rubbish! When a man and a woman decide to seperate after marriage, will the government force them to remain together?

Kano State government tying couples together by force with rope since 1900AD grin
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by TheFreeOne: 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2015
Married for life no matter what

Waoh...Crazy things do happen. But will it reduce the level of poverty/illiteracy in the north Smh
Re: Government To Enact Anti-divorce Law – Ganduje by kross101(m): 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
Dharniel:
**modified**

i would want to believe that there are other significant matters and pressing issues that the state gov't could look into rather than them poke-nosing in the family matters of its citizens. family matters are personal matters.
As in I don't undastand wat we did wrong to deserve dis kind of leaders in naija? Of all d pressing issues in kano state, na Wetin dis man see b dat.....i tire ooo

(1) (Reply)

We Have The Cure For AIDS, Ebola, MERS, Cancer, Etc - North Korea / It’s Too Late To Expel Saraki From APC— Audu Ogbeh / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC Responsible If…igbo Group Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.