Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? (3277 Views)

Northern Elders Vow To Defend Buhari Presidency / Fayose: Looters In Buhari's Presidency Burying Their Loot In Aso Villa / People That May Shape Buhari’s Presidency-Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari took over the reins of power from His Excellency, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on May 29, 2015, which is exactly 10 days ago. He came to power via "change" slogan with his promise of an eldorado Nigeria. I believe it is patriotic to know the policies that the government has implemented or proposed since coming to power. I don't want to talk about his many gaffes this time, I'm throwing this to his supporters and maybe other patriotic Nigerians to tell us, because I am not aware of any

FLASHBACK:
During the electioneering period, Buhari and APC promised many things including the following:
1. Feed Primary school pupils at least once in a day. Free Education to secondary school students.

2. Pay 25million unemployed youths #5000 monthly and pay NYSC members for one post service year

3. Pay elderly, and physically challenged allowances.

4. End Boko Haram in TWO months www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/01/nigerian-election-winner-muhammadu-buhari-boko-haram

5. #BringBackChibokGirls
www.politicong.com/2015/03/16/buhari-declares-contract-with-nigeria-vows-public-declaration-of-assets-says-he-wont-award-contracts/2015/

6. End epileptic electricity and Provision of 20,000MW in the next 4years
www.punchng.com/news/buhari-pledges-to-end-epileptic-power-supply/
www.naij.com/377006-gen-buhari-promises-improved-electricity-supply.html

7. Provide TWO million houses annually for the next four years
www.channelstv.com/2015/04/17/nigerians-confidence-on-buhari-should-not-be-squandered/

8. Provide 12 million jobs (3 million annually) etcetera

May we know what policy President Buhari has initiated and implemented to achieve the aforementioned.

Thank You!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
@Those that may want to know what Jonathan did in his first days in office...

Acting President
Jonathan was inaugurated acting President on Feb 8, 2010. Just 24Hrs after Jonathan was elevated to the position of acting President, he carried out a cabinet reshuffle by removing the controversial Michael Aandokaa as Justice Minister and replaced him with Adetokunbo Kayode. Aadonka was redeployed to the Special Duties Ministry.
www.allafrica.com/stories/201002110050.html

President
During his campaign for Presidency in 2011, Goodluck Jonathan promised to sign the FOI into law when passed by the NASS (Obj had refused to sign it). He won the election in April 2011.
On May 30, 2011, just 24 hours after he was inaugurated for his first term in office (May 29, 2011), we were greeted in joy with the news that the President has signed the Freedom of Information bill into law, three years after exPresident Obasanjo vetoed the bill. This was in line with GEJ's 2011 campaign promise.
www.saharareporters.com/2011/05/31/jonathan-signs-freedom-information-law

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by AbuMikey(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
Bros, You nor dey tire? cheesy

Well, You go soon tire, because na less than 2-weeks be dis una dey wail and cry.
Make una ready cry till 2023 sha. gringringrin

25 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Diffdeef(m): 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2015
Iswear I didn't even read all these,forget all these criticisms and opposition rubbissh.

Between GEJ & PMB,We all know PMB is the best option so far looking at the damage GEJ administration had done.

All I know is after 4yrs of PMB in office,when also compared with 4yrs of GEJ in office,we all know PMB administration would surpass GEJ's And that's what the opposition are scared of.

Buhari will be in office for 8yrs,from the look of things,I don't see any potential presidential figure that can unseat buhari in 2019's election.

13 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by vedaxcool(m): 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
Buhari: my strategy for over coming bh involves close security coordination with neibouring countries. . .

This buhari has done.

And it is common knowledge that immplementing policies cannot be done in 10 days

8 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 08, 2015
This is "Campaign Promise". What has been "Implemented" wrt bh? During his inauguration he said the army command "WILL"relocate to maiduguri. They are yet to do so. Look up to understand my demand. I'm not talking of rhetoric here
vedaxcool:
Buhari: my strategy for over coming bh involves close security coordination with neibouring countries. . .

This buhari has done.

4 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by stebell(m): 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
His policy has been to travel frm one place to another.

He's yet to even condole wit those who lost loved ones in BH attacks.

To me, Buahari is a dullard and brainless.
Never expect anything frm a dullard.

GEJ is my Hero, Wike n Fayose are my Role Models.

5 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by fejikudz(m): 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
brb
Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
AbuMikey:

Well, You go soon tire, because na less than 2-weeks be dis una dey wail and cry.
am dissapointed in you

3 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
stebell:
His policy has been to travel frm one place to another.

He's yet to even condole wit those who lost loved ones in BH attacks.

To me, Buahari is a dullard and brainless.
Never expect anything frm a dullard.

GEJ is my Hero, Wike n Fayose are my Role Models.
Jokes apart, Buhari don't seem to have a well laid out blueprint. Maybe he needs time to learn the job.

6 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
He was not elected for a 10 Day Term But Rather 4 Year Term!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by vedaxcool(m): 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
This is "Campaign Promise". What has been "Implemented" wrt bh? During his inauguration he said the army command "WILL"relocate to maiduguri. They are yet to do so. Look up to understand my demand. I'm not talking of rhetoric here

That is what is being implemented, by coordinating with other countries involved in the fight against bh, Buhari has commenced setting up a a well articulated army which will ultimately lead to defeating BH, it is like chess, you cannot win if you do not set up all your pieces in the right position.

3 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Young03(m): 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanistA I de ur corner, continue talking

the truth must be told but meanwhile I voted for buhari but he never deliver
Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by PassingShot(m): 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
Jokes apart, Buhari don't seem to have a well laid out blueprint. Maybe he needs time to learn the job.

Firstly, the Command and Control Center of the NA is already being moved as we speak to Maiduguri as he ordered. That's an implementation of a policy on fighting the insurgency.

Secondly, IPMAN have agreed to swap crude with refined petrol at no subsidy from the FG. That's another implementation of a policy direction.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
AbuMikey:

He is just comparing. but what is there to compare between a hard working graduate and a traveling dullard.

2 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by mikeywise(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:

check this
https://www.nairaland.com/2365298/military-moves-command-control-centre-maiduguri
Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by vedaxcool(m): 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
AbuMikey:

bros where this shares dey come from nah?
Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by AbuMikey(m): 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
But, on a more serious note, Barcanista, You shouldn't be complaining about Baba now, because this is just His second week as the President.
Ok, let Me ask You, do You expect any Human(Not a robot) to deliver all his campaign promises in less than 2 weeks after being elected when He has over 200 weeks to work.

Barcanista, You are more than this, You shouldn't be analysing Politics like a ''road-side newspaper reading'' analyst.

Common Man, it doesn't speak well of You. angry

14 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
vedaxcool:

That is what is being implemented, by coordinating with other countries involved in the fight against bh, Buhari has commenced setting up a a well articulated army which will ultimately lead to defeating BH, it is like chess, you cannot win if you do not set up all your pieces in the right position.
Which well articulated army pls? Apart from the JMTF that was set up under Jonathan's administration with foreign government, which NEW has has PMB setup or proposed to setup?
Which "Well articulated army" whn we still have all the service chiefs appointed by GEJ in office? Which articulated army without a National Security Adviser and Defence Minister? What are you sayin?

2 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by PassingShot(m): 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
They have. read here:https://www.nairaland.com/2365298/military-moves-command-control-centre-maiduguri

3 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ooops, thanks a bunch for this. In other words, the command center has been moved. So what about other sectors/promises? Not forgeting transparent leadership and corruption war
mikeywise:

check this
https://www.nairaland.com/2365298/military-moves-command-control-centre-maiduguri

1 Like

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by mikeywise(m): 2:57pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
Ooops, thanks a bunch for this. In other words, the command center has been moved. So what about other sectors/promises? Not forgeting transparent leadership and corruption war
Be patient, its only 10 days. There are better days ahead.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by PointB: 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
The dullard is not even around to talk about his policies, let alone fine tuning them for implementation.

He's busy laughing away, when there is no joke; when others have grim faces.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2492837_germany6_jpeg52cb4ad886fb19fae8f6a05f15964334
Perhaps, he's a joke(r).

4 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Lushore1: 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
Are u sure its not 100 days? U better going and find something better to do with your time.

4 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by StepTwo: 3:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
haha!

He has declared His asset
Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
10 days is not only. As for the IPMAN, they proposed to be importing without duty charge to make up for the subsidy payment. It was their own idea and not Buhari proposal.
mikeywise:

Be patient, its only 10 days. There are better days ahead.

1 Like

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by vedaxcool(m): 3:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
Lol go and sin no more.

barcanista:
barcanista:
barcanista:

barcanista:
Which well articulated army pls? Apart from the JMTF that
was set up under Jonathan's administration with foreign government, which NEW has has PMB setup or proposed to setup?
Which "Well articulated army" whn we still have all the service chiefs appointed by GEJ in office? Which articulated army without a National Security Adviser and Defence Minister? What are you sayin?
Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by AbuMikey(m): 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
Lemon12:
am dissapointed in you

You know what?
I'm more disappointed in Y'all sentimental folks who have failed to judge issues the way they really are.

You folks are worse than the Tribalistic WarLords on Nairaland.

You know what, don't ever quote Me again, Your goons should take note too. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by aresa: 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
Another waste of valuable bandwidth ....

4 Likes

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2015
AbuMikey:

You know what?
I'm more disappointed in Y'all sentimental folks who have failed to judge issues the way they really are.

You folks are worse than the Tribalistic WarLords on Nairaland.

You know what, don't ever quote Me again, Your goons should take note too. undecided

1 Like

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by AbuMikey(m): 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
Which well articulated army pls? Apart from the JMTF that was set up under Jonathan's administration with foreign government, which NEW has has PMB setup or proposed to setup?

SMH!

Its just about 10 days since He became President, and as a smart General that PMB is, He is not rushing into hasty decisions, don't You get it?

But wait, since when did You turn this Myopic?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? by mikeywise(m): 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
10 days is not only. As for the IPMAN, they proposed to be importing without duty charge to make up for the subsidy payment. It was their own idea and not Buhari proposal.
Did u actually type the bolded?
for a 4year regime, you want results in 10 days? seriously?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Photo Of A Poor Boy Helping Himself Will Make You Cry / Nnamdi kanu granted bail ! / Evidence That Buhari Is Behind Abia Governorship Stalemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.