Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

The L In Love - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The L In Love (22409 Views)

I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss / The Return of Madly In Love With A Non-human(SECOND CHANCE)SEASON 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
Oluchi would not have seen the Lexus drop Nnedi if she had not felt as though the air in the house was choking her and needed to be free from its asphyxiation. If her room had not been suffocating with the thought of Lanre's pain and her betrayal, she would not have seen Nnedi smile as Richard kissed her. But she had.
She had meant to go for a walk and had only just stepped out of the gate when she saw them. In her state of startle, she was surprised that her brain could still instruct her to go back in; that her legs could still carry her without quivering; that her heart had not torn apart at the very sight; that she was still in control of her body. Perhaps, her body had known and was not surprised, but she had not, could not have even guessed.
So Richard was back, but hadn't thought it fit to call her, instead he'd gone for her sister? It all baffled and overwhelmed her.
She waited in a parlour couch for a bouncing, joyous Nnedi.
"Where are you coming from, miss?" Oluchi asked. In the presence of her younger sister, she assumed an older, surer persona.
"A friend's," Nnedi said carelessly.
"On whose permission?" Oluchi didn't need the stern voice she was adopting. Her anger was apparent enough.
"She wasn't feeling well, and called me to help, so I hurried, you were not at home, I was going to call you."
"Because you are her doctor, right?" Oluchi asked sarcastically. If she were Superman, the lasers from her eyes would have melted Nnedi to akamu.
"I...I...I wanted to..." Nnedi stammered.
"Shut up," Oluchi cried, "I know you've been with Richard."
Nnedi opened her mouth to say something, perhaps to deny, then changed her mind.
"You stupid girl," Oluchi said, her mind clearing, realisation apparent in her eyes.
"So what if I was with Richard, it's none of your business, so what, I didn't ask permission from you."
Oluchi launched herself at Nnedi and slapped her, the noise sounded more like a thud. Nnedi heard the whining of the impact but held herself from retaliating.
Oluchi caught the slight movement of restraint.
"Oh, you want to slap me?" Oluchi said and slapped her once more.
"You can slap me all you want, it doesn't change what Richard feels for me, I love him, you're only jealous," Nnedi stevened, mistyeyed.
For a moment, Oluchi was nonplussed, too astounded to react. Her sister never spoke to her in such manner.
She finally said, sounding very much like someone's mother "what do you know about love? Nnedi Okafor, what do you think love is?"
Nnedi did not dare answer, there was something strange in her sister's voice that shut her up, something much like metal.
"Have you gone to his house?" Oluchi asked.
"No,"Nnedi answered.
"You will not see him again, he is dangerous, you will stay away from him..."
"No I won't!" Nnedi interrupted, shouting, "I'll see him all I like, you cannot spoil my happiness."
"Shut up!" Oluchi was getting hysterical, the maids were running toward them.
"Nne," one of the maids said, "listen to your sister, "Olu, please calm down."
"You will go nowhere, I'll make sure of it," Oluchi shouted at the top of her voice, "since you are determined to ruin yourself, I'll save you from your foolishness."
Nnedi engaged in a staring contest with her sister. She was getting just as peeved. What was Oluchi's own anyway?
"Akpos," Oluchi shouted, as the security man, who had been at the door through their fight tottered into the livingroom, "make sure my sister goes nowhere, if you open the gate for her, consider yourself fired."
"Okay," the security man said. Akpos had never used 'ma' for the small spoilt girl, for God's sake, his daughter in Sapele was older than her.
"Unless I give special permission, of course," Oluchi added calmly as though she hadn't been the same person boiling with rage a moment ago.
"You will tell me by yourself Abi?" he asked.
"Exactly."
Nnedi bounded up the stairs in vexation, but Oluchi didn't feel the satisfaction she should feel. She'd call that beast.

1 Like

Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
Oluchi was calmer now after crying for what was never hers and what she'd thrown away. It had been six hours since Nnedi stormed the stairs and slammed her door shut. Oluchi felt she was in the right state of mind to call Richard. She saw it now, he was truly interested in Nnedi; she'd been his target all along. He must have been meeting up with her someplace.
The gound of long ago 'sleep' cleared away from her eyes, and she could see, for the first time what Richard really was: a paedophile, a sadomasochist. His love, it had only been an import from her childhood. Because it had seemed so sacrosanct, she'd never questioned it. Little wonder his 'love' had survived all these years of maturing.
He didn't love her, never had, never would, the realisation obliterated any trace of 'love' she had had for him. For him, it was all about his sick, sybaritic games; his proclivity for sullying that which was pure, sacred and innocent. He'd succeeded with her, but God knew she would die before she allowed him touch her sister.
She dialed his number and he answered at the first ring.
"Hey," his voice lacked the melody, the magic that had always held her spellbound, she was free from his charms.
"Richard how could you? How could you ruin my life like this?" she sounded fretful, and she wanted to stab herself for it. What she needed now was strength and sureness.
"What are you talking about?"
"Shut up," it felt good so she said again, "shut up you beast, so you are back and you didn't call me instead you..." it was too grave:You went for Nnedi.
"Nnedi," oh oh, Fruedian slip, "em, Oluchi, what's going on?" his tired voice slurred.
The pink wallclock in her room called her attention to the inappropriateness of the call. It was past eleven. But Oluchi couldn't care less. She hoped she had woken him and prayed he would not be able to sleep after this call.
"Richard, I hate you," the word 'hate' had never before been so apt, so correct for what she felt, as it was now, "I hate you so much, I wish you will stop breathing and die where you are right now."
"Why this hate speech?" there was no emotion in his voice and it angered her the more.
She wanted it to touch him, to tear his heart to pieces.
Fremdly, she wished she were Omosede. Sede would know the right insults to use, the pejorative that would induce tears from her victim.
"See," she continued, "don't you try to touch my sister with your f**kin' rotten p€n-nis..." she threw all the obscenities she knew, spicing it regularly with the 'f-word'.
As she spoke, she heard his hasty breaths; a rapid in-out-in-out breathing, and she hoped he was gasping for air. She thought of those Nigerian films' scenes depicting deliverance, where the pastor prayed and the possessed individual, usually on the floor, writhed in pain and shouted in a horrible bass, 'I will not leave', whilst breathing loudly . He was making that kind of sound.
"Paedophile, beast, old man," she wondered if she could add 'ugly', 'charcoal', 'fat', 'smelly' even though he was none of that.

1 Like

Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
"Are you done?" Richard asked, cutting her short, "when you are done, you can shut up and listen you slack pu-$§y. I used and dumped you, you should be glad and respect yourself, instead of behaving like a poor witch with no home training. Just look at the motherf**kin' time!" he pause, presumably so that she could check the time, "you're officially out of my life from this moment, you said I ruined your life, not the way I see it, I f**kin' saved you from your boring gawddamn life, you should thank me. Now, go to bed and remember to close your smelly legs."
As the line went dead, Oluchi was at once stupefied, weakened and hateful.
Tears poured out her eyes endlessly. She was the one who wouldn't sleep now for each word took turn to sting her like bees waiting in line.
'Slack pu-$§y'? 'Smelly legs'? She'd never opened her legs for anyone except him. And she had done it at an impressionable age when love to her meant fair skinned, heavenly voiced Richard. How could he ever say such iniquitous things?
All her life, she had never been so flattened, she hated him.
Oluchi cried till her tears soaked her face like moisturiser. Oluchi cried till her eyes swelled like buns, puffy and heavy. Oluchi cried till her body refused to release any more tears and till crying itself became an onerous task. She cried until sleep mercifully took her to respite.
Seven years ago.
Richard slowly, obsessively un-dressed little Oluchi. On her chest sat two orange sized br3@sts, nothing more than that. His eyes were glassy; ethereal and his silence scared Oluchi. They were on his bed, in his room. And no one existed there save the both of them.
"Richard, I'm scared," little Oluchi said
"I'm scared too," his lips moved slowly and his voice was shaky.
Presently, he lay on top her, both of them Un.clad, his body crushing hers.
"Richard, is it going to hurt?"
"No, Oluchi, it will be alright," he said quietly.
"I'm scared," Oluchi said, her heartbeat was the only noise in the sweltering room.
Richard drew a breath and said, "do you love me?"
"Yes."
He was sweating, and seemed stressed, he was circling her little br3@sts with his index finger.
After a while, he moved his hand between her legs and said silently, "I want you to respond."
"How?" Oluchi asked breathing hard, her twelve yearold innocence apparent.
"You'll know."
He slipped his finger into her and as she cried, he shushed her.
"Do you love me?" he asked again.
"Yes, I do," she said, tears flowing down her cheeks.
"Okay, I love you too."
He showed her his phal-lus, Oluchi had not seen a p*nis before and her eyes registered fear.
"Don't be afraid," he said placing his right hand between her teeth, into her open mouth.
"If it hurts, you're going to bite as hard as you can," he said.
Oluchi nodded, her tongue didn't move because his hand was inside her mouth.
"Do you trust me?" he asked and Oluchi nodded.
He then slowly, carefully tore into her, his erect-ion slippery with Vaseline. Oluchi bit hard because it hurt her, and Richard winced.
"I'm sorry," he said, when he was done, "I love you."
Oluchi remained silent, he was taking out the bloody sheets, he'd cleaned her bloodied legs too.
"Do you love me?" he asked, his face contorted with a pained expression.
"Yes, I love you."
He took her home in a bus, and they said nothing to each other because they didn't know if something had to be said.
After that term, after his graduation, he left without saying goodbye.
Oluchi cried her eyes out. He was her love, she believed.
Then a letter from him arrived one day, and she was sure Richard hadn't left her, that he still loved her.

1 Like

Re: The L In Love by Tomtoxic: 10:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
chai pedophile Richard #really loved d way he shut oluchi up wen she wanted to use d f word. #team lane oooh
Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 7:19am On Oct 22, 2015
Tomtoxic:
chai pedophile Richard #really loved d way he shut oluchi up wen she wanted to use d f word. #team lane oooh

lol, thanks
Re: The L In Love by KingZero: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
Keep going, I like that Oluchi is now being protective and not just heartbroken. Wonderful work
Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 7:19am On Oct 23, 2015
KingZero:
Keep going, I like that Oluchi is now being protective and not just heartbroken. Wonderful work

I'm glad you see it that way, some think she's just being jealous( which is a rather silly thought)
thanks.
Re: The L In Love by Missmossy(f): 7:28am On Oct 23, 2015
Eyah... pity Oluchi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The L In Love by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hi, Nicholas bro. Hope all is okay! What's the long absence for?

Reply as soon as possible, mate.
Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Hi, Nicholas bro. Hope all is okay! What's the long absence for?

Reply as soon as possible, mate.

Thanks for asking. I'm fine, just having issues with the device I use in posting update.
Unlike before, it won't give in to my coaxing and pleadings to behave normally for just one last update.
It's high time I got a new one, suffice it to say.
Re: The L In Love by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
nicholausian:

Thanks for asking. I'm fine, just having issues with the device I use in posting update.
Unlike before, it won't give in to my coaxing and pleadings to behave normally for just one last update.
Okay, mate. Please, do get it quickly. May God help you!
Re: The L In Love by Tomtoxic: 9:30am On Nov 06, 2015
nicholausian:

hehehe coaxing and pleading a device lol anyway we've all done it at one point or another.
Go get a new 1 FAST!
Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 9:47am On Nov 06, 2015
Tomtoxic:

hehehe coaxing and pleading a device lol anyway we've all done it at one point or another.
Go get a new 1 FAST!

lol,abi!
Just a phase
Re: The L In Love by AlNelssyn(m): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
Quite Interesting.....Richard went for the cookie and got it on a plater,Now Oluchi is left in Loneliness et regret...Should i share in her pain? nah! Karma be praised...I feel for Lanre tho...phew!
Re: The L In Love by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
wow...nice story
Re: The L In Love by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Were u dey naw
Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
Snowangel4:
Were u dey naw

I'm here o
Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
AlNelssyn:
Quite Interesting.....Richard went for the cookie and got it on a plater,Now Oluchi is left in Loneliness et regret...Should i share in her pain? nah! Karma be praised...I feel for Lanre tho...phew!

lol, thanks man
Re: The L In Love by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
nicholausian:

lol, thanks man
Lol only? It's been weeks, bro.
Re: The L In Love by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
nawa ooo angry
Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 6:49am On Dec 06, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Lol only? It's been weeks, bro.

Patience please; I'll post soon
Re: The L In Love by AlNelssyn(m): 8:29am On Dec 07, 2015
How soon? post already! post already!! *Raising my placard in protest*
Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
CHAPTER ELEVEN
A week it had been since the Richard-Nnedi episode. A week since Oluchi had incarcerated Nnedi in the house and she, Nnedi had taken it upon herself to make her confinement smaller, to her room. She stayed there, day-in-day-out alone.
Nnedi allowed herself food once a day; portions that had grown larger everyday, a shameless plot by Oluchi -and the maids- to make sure her sister ate more. Nnedi had noticed, but had decided it was really for her own good.
To the uninitiated -the one who didn't know the strange teenager named after her grandmother; Nnedi- it would seem that she was repentant, punishing herself more as though she'd realised her sins and thought the initial punishment too small, not grave enough.
But Oluchi knew her sister. It was all a ploy to make the punisher give up. It worked on their dad. If Nnedi was banned from using her phone, she stopped watching TV and listening to radio too. And if no one noticed, she stopped eating. And if no one noticed that, she'd hold her breath -her fingers pressing her nostrils together- till someone noticed and revoked her punishment. It had always worked.
It was too bad Oluchi knew her too well and wasn't one to cringe to Nnedi's puerile manipulation. She knew her sister still had plans to see Richard at home. If she were let loose this moment, she'd go there straight with not a moment's pause.
Oluchi lay in her soft bed. Pink, in all it's shades and tints, surrounded her. It had begun to choke her, the colour. Since Nnedi's little drama, things had gone haywire in her life. Now, she was seriously thinking of changing the colours; she needed some growing up anyway. Arguably, purple or blue wasn't a bad replacement.
Her nerves must be rioting for a day off. All week, Oluchi hadn't exactly lazed away her days. Ever sice Nnedi locked herself up, Oluchi jumped at any sound. She was greatly afraid Nnedi would escape and be defiled. She felt, and rightly so, the onus of her sister's protection rested on her. She would never call her dad -that would turn out her undoing.
They were still in communication; Nnedi and the beast, that Oluchi was sure of. She should have seized Nnedi's phone. Although, she was convinced Nnedi had the wherewithal to sneak in another phone into the house, the magic was not beyond her ken.
Or maybe, she should have the door taken out instead, like literally ripped off its hinges, so that she could see her intransigent little sister all she wanted; so that she could talk to her.
She missed their shared fun already; the silly little things they did that mattered so much to Oluchi. She had taught her sister how to take a selfie with pouted lips and seductive eyes -'you wet your eyes a little,' Oluchi had instructed; how to wear cosmetics properly; how to act when a guy was wooing her; how to kiss -that one had been tricky- they'd actually had to kiss, and it had all ended with Nnedi saying, 'yuck, I'll never try that again'. But now they were separated by a stupid wooden door. But Oluchi accepted the wooden door barrier, because she could bear it. What she couldn't stomach wasthe Richard barrier. That SOB must pay, she thought.
Then there was Lanre. Was he still on a hospital bed? She should have pressed to know the addres of the hospital. His phone was eternally switched off, not that she thought he would even answer her call, if it were on.
She wondered if she'd ever see him again; see his kind face.
Perhaps not; she supposed.
When Oluchi wasn't busy saving Nnedi from herself or thinking about Lanre and what could have been, she cried: deep, retching, demanding tears as she accepted the pain of having lost out on all sides. In all her life, she had not been as miserable -not even when her mum died- as she was now. The wretchedest person on earth, she was.
She wasn't going to think about all that. The colours of her room deserved more attention. Would it be the blue family with cerulean taking centre stage, and navy, peacock, spruce and berry helping out? Or would it be lilac as main colour with sangoria, violet, mauve, mulberry and magenta assisting? She would think it through with the designer. Perchance, they could mix it all up, indigo and violet style.

1 Like

Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
Oluchi knew as she heard footfalls rushing her direction, as she saw Oke; their eighteen yearold maid at her door, she knew before Oke uttered it: Nnedi is not in the house.
Oluchi jumped out of bed more for the effect, than actual surprise. She'd known that sooner or later, the stupid girl would try it and she knew she was headed Richard's. For Nnedi, it was the pride of being mulish; of making sure no one bossed her. But Nnedi didn't know what she was up against.
She didn't ask for explanation as she hurried toward the gate, Oke mumbled it anyway.
''She wanted to pee...said the toilet in her room was...before I cleaned it up...she was no longer there...I thought she'd only gone out...''
''How long ago was this?'' Oluchi questioned, feeling detective-like. There was a dreamy humour about the whole thing.
''About thirty, forty minutes ago,'' Oke said hesistantly.
The gatepost was unmanned, the gate ajar.
''Where's that foolish man? Akpos!'' she screamed.
''He must have gone to drink kaikai, this is the time he normally goes,'' Oke's voice was shrill behind her as if to cover up her own lapse.
Oluchi shook her head involuntarily. The situation was uncanny. All week she had been repressing madness from all aspects of her life, and now, it all seemed to be rushing toward her from all direction at hyperspeed.
A thought dropped on her: Maybe if she had told Nnedi what happened to her, what could happen if Nnedi went to see Richard, she would not have gone. It was medicine after death, and Nnedi may not have believed.
''Ahmed!'' she screamed. Ahmed was the other security man, the younger, kinder one with the northern accent that warmed Oluchi up. Unfortunately, he wasn't very bright, academic-wise.
A lithe body appeared from the back. Since a failed robbery some years ago, Oluchi's dad made sure both gates; frontgate and backgate were guarded. Ahmed manned the backgate.
''Yes ma,'' Ahmed said in that thick Hausa accent.
Oluchi peered into his face as though seeking approval while his nubian features shifted uncomfortably saying, ''get the car, we are going to get Nnedi.''

1 Like

Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
''Where I de go?'' Ahmed asked.
''Take that bend.''
''Kwa?''
''Enter this street,'' she said impatiently. Ahmed could drive but he didn't know anything about Benin City, except that it was very far from Maiduguri -1438km and yeah, red soil.

As they drove to Richard's Ikpoba Hill house, Oluchi called the only person she knew could help, Osagie. Osagie was a sergent, a dark ugly jaundice-eyed fellow with an awkwardly shaped head. He was sort of a family friend, always visiting at chrismas to eat rice. And at the moment, Oluchi didn't care if he was an ogre.
''My sister is in trouble, I need your help.''
''Trouble, which kind of trouble?'' Osagie's tone was like someone telling a joke. He'd always had a waggish air about him, as though he'd only recently found out he too could tell jokes.
''Something terribly bad is going to happen to her if you don't come at once.''
''At once, to where?''
Oluchi inhaled a deep breath, she was obviously incomprehensible, '' my sister is foolishly going to meet someone who would hurt her because he is sick, as in upstairs, and if you don't come, it's going to happen.''
''Where am I coming to?'' he sounded like had finally got the gist.
She gave him the address, ''please come quickly with handcuffs...and a gun, ''she hoped he didn't think any of this was funny.
''I'm around the area, I'll be there.''
''Thank you very much,'' she said, and wanted to add that he should make sure it was loaded, the gun.

1 Like

Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
He didn't come with a gun. He had a cudgel in lieu of it and Oluchi so desperate for action, wanted to smack him, did he suppose any of this to be child's play?
Ahmed parked some distance away from Richard's isolated house. He lived alone, clearly. The gate was locked from within and Oluchi felt a vibration rock her body in frustration. The thought of what he would be doing to Nnedi that very moment shook her.
The gate was tall and barbwired, as was the fence. Oluchi ostracised the thought of climbing it.
Ahmed put his hand through the square peephole, and felt for the lock. He reported that it was padlocked, the report all but made Oluchi collapse.
''I think I have a saw in my car, let me go get it,'' Sergeant Osagie said.
''Wait, I pit break am sha, e don rust,'' he said as he jerked the padlock menacingly. It all seemed futile to Oluchi, but she hoped against hope. It finally gave, and Ahmed burst open the gate.
The house looked the same as she remembered it, with the forebodening airlessness and ominous small windows. It was fenced away from the main mansion - an effective strategy at privacy- treeless and bare in many other ways. The lexus stared at the defiantly as they ran stealthily to the house.
Osagie took over from Ahmed in the invasion scheme. He kicked the front door and waded in, screaming 'police'. He had made the risk he was taking known to them: if Nnedi was not in Richard's house, he would be held responsible.
''Police,'' he shouted again into the miasma of doom, holding out his badge.
Just then, they heard a scream and hurried toward its direction.
On the bed in Richard's bedroom, Nnedi and Richard sat apart, immotile, both in their underwear. Nnedi wielded a broken mirror and Richard's hands were bloody.
Oluchi grabbed her sister by the hand, examined and hugged her. She felt her neck moisten with her sister's tears.
Richard looked at once shrunken, shocked and defeated, his eyes glowed with franticness and something else, something Oluchi had also seen in his eyes that evening at Uyi Grand. She recognised it as dismay. But she was surprised, she had supposed him stronger.
''Did he touch you?'' she asked softly.
Nnedi shook her head, ''no, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come here.''
Oluchi turned to a dazed Richard, disgust filling her. How had this weak monster succeed in ruining her life.
''What did you do to my sister?'' Oluchi advanced toward him. He didn't flinch or look her direction, he stared instead at nothingness.
Oluchi snatched Osagie's cudgel and swung it had at Richard's face. He saw it in time and dodged but did not attack. She wouldn't give up, she scratched and tore and gashed him with something sharp.
Having shaken off their bewilderness at the whole scene, Osagie and Ahmed pried Oluchi away from Richard.
Osagie handcuffed him, his wounded hands tied with cloth and read him his rights. Everyone knew anyway it was all for show. Richard wouldn't spend an hour in cell. His powerful mum wouldn't allow it.
They led a stunned, bruised Richard away, he remained quiet as they drove to the station. Throughout the drive, Oluchi wanted to strangle her life destroyer. Nnedi pleaded with her sister to let everything die, she didn't want their father to hear anything about it.
''Please, he didn't touch me, daddy will be very angry with me,'' she pleaded.
''it's okay, daddy will not hear about it,'' she couldn't really guarantee that, it was just a script, anything to calm her sister.

Oluchi wondered what exactly had transpired between them, why hadn't Richard touch her? It sure seemed he could have parried her weapon and forced his will upon her.
But she knew why. It wasn't the weapon per se that stopped him. It was the purpose it played; the thought behind it; the resistance. The resistance was new to him, for he was used to manipulating and charming his victims so that they gave in 'willingly' whilst really, he was forcing them in the subconscious.

His modus operandi was to present a resemblance of love and protection to the immature mind of his prey; to affect them consciously and subliminally until they began to think that he loved them, whereupon he pounced and destroyed. Nnedi had been different, thank God.

1 Like

Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
Three days went by like an hour, catching up became an issue. Traumatised Richard -'traumatised' was his doctor's explanation for his refusal to speak after the incident- had long been released and flown abroad as though he were the victim. Oluchi didn't wish to kill him, at least not as badly anymore. She rather pitied him, he needed help; needed to be locked up in a psychiatric hospital. Oluchi knew he would die a terrible death, that was what happened to his kind.

Nnedi had been checked in the hospital and considered physically unhurt. And she wasn't doing badly emotionally either. She now joked and was almost her old self. Almost. Their father may never know about the incident, she hoped so for Nnedi's sake.

She never talked about Richard or their experience, and Oluchi had given up on asking. It was their secret. What mattered was that Nnedi had fallen out of love with him. And Richard would never come back, that she prayed.

All was settled. Except Lanre. She'd been so busy with Nnedi's issues to reach him, and the past few days had been extra hectic and demanding, it left Oluchi feeling as selfless as a martyr. But she could never exhale that breath of relief if she didn't beg forgiveness from Lanre.

She'd so wronged him and he deserved better, much better. She thought hard on how to reach him until a solution dropped on her laps: Osas, the informant.

She breathed in and out until she felt human enough for a call. Then she rang his number.

He answered after the first ring, somehow she wished he hadn't.

''Hello.''

''Hey, Osas, it's me Oluchi.''

''Oluchi, this one that you called today, am I safe!'' he joked, his tone a singsong.

''I need your help, Osas,'' Oluchi said cutting to the chase.

''Okay?''

She wondered if he knew about the things she'd done, maybe Lanre had told him. She imagined Lanre saying, 'that big-headed idiot was cheating on me...'

''I 'm wondering if you could...like help out...I need to see Lanre...and I've not been in comm with him.''

''Oh, ah, I thought you guys were an item, like you guys totally knew each other totally.'' he teased.

''Please, give me his address'' Oluchi pleaded, not really in the mood for Osas' colourless jokes.

''Well the last I heard he should be in Lagos now.''

''What is he doing in Lagos?'' she asked.

''You know now, his travelling things now.''

''What travelling things?'' Oluchi asked bemused.

''His going to Canada stuff now,'' Oluchi's mind went blank. Canada? ''Hello,'' Osas' voice snapped her out of wherever she'd gone.

''I'm here, I didn't know, when is he travelling?'' she was quite sure he could hear her heart banging in her chest through the phone.

''Eh, isn't today 21st?''

''Yeah 21st it is.''

''Then, it is tomorrow.''

1 Like

Re: The L In Love by Quace(m): 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
nice one ..
Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2015
Quace:
nice one ..

thanks
Re: The L In Love by Tomtoxic: 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
oh finally updated.
dope episode.
make the lanre travel b4 the oluchi fit call am sef ah just don't like the girl
Re: The L In Love by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
Make lanre no go bk to DAT Oluchi abeg
Re: The L In Love by nicholausian(m): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tomtoxic:
oh finally updated.
dope episode.
make the lanre travel b4 the oluchi fit call am sef ah just don't like the girl

Snowangel4:
Make lanre no go bk to DAT Oluchi abeg

thanks guys
Snowangel4 I hope Lanre will do as you have pleaded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Says It's Wrong To Use Feminism As An Excuse To Insult A Man / Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. / Virgins Magazine Is The Best Romantic Magazine In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.