Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion (56655 Views)

Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF / 15 Politicians Who May Run For President In 2019 / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Sant1m: 11:26pm On Jun 08, 2015
wiseoneking:
APC and PDP, what is the difference. Pot and kettle? No loss, no again, all na shame.
There is definitely a difference, it is just that pessimism at times cloud the eyes. No two things are the same in nature, not even cars leaving the Assembly plants. You are not the same with your younger brother because both of you don't ve the same talent, the same perception and would differ in the way you handle inheritance, Apc, Pdp, Apga all ve distinct difference, look harder and you will see it.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by probityprodigy(m): 11:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
To those gearing APC,It will be to your chagrin thar PDP will come out more stronger come 2019. The party had only hibernated to travel on a 'journey of political re--birth,'' after wear and tear resulting from politikal usage since the last 16yrs.

I have always maintained and i wish to re-state that, APC is a marriage that would soon disintegrate owing to the asymmeric constituents of its membership (bulk of whom are former PDP members on a politika sojourn). Sooner or later, they gonna plan to return to their truest political homeland-PDP, this will sound the death whistle of the Agressive Plotters Constallation (APC).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 09, 2015
onatisi:
don't mind the op, the op is just a nairaland political learner. Shekarau is very much on ground in his state , tom ikimi too is very much active in his state pdp and the op thinks once u are not given a federal appointment that means u are not relevant. No need arguing with anyone here .
ikimi is not active in my state,he didnt wait 4 d yam to roast,he was the interim chairman of a apc,pdp is in opposition in edo state,
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by domido(m): 12:09am On Jun 09, 2015
I could remember sometime last year when Former President Jonathan was in Benin, wile addressing supporters, Tom Ikimi said they formed APC, and now they are not there, they,ve just removed the Pipe connecting oxygen to APC. Now we know the result.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by domido(m): 12:10am On Jun 09, 2015
probityprodigy:
To those gearing APC,It will be to your chagrin thar PDP will come out more stronger come 2019. The party had only hibernated to travel on a 'journey of political re--birth,'' after wear and tear resulting from politikal usage since the last 16yrs.

I have always maintained and i wish to re-state that, APC is a marriage that would soon disintegrate owing to the asymmeric constituents of its membership (bulk of whom are former PDP members on a politika sojourn). Sooner or later, they gonna plan to return to their truest political homeland-PDP, this will sound the death whistle of the Agressive Plotters Constallation (APC).
Guy,chop knuckle. U sabi speak English.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Ejehjoe(m): 12:35am On Jun 09, 2015
Pdp is truly a party of clowns. Those who think they could sanitize the system via pdp platform have all failed bevause of institutionalised corruption.
God will surely liberate Nigeria under the transparent leadership of President Buhari to the chagrin of PDP and mockers of the new national bride, APC.
God Bless Buhari
God Bless APC
God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by aresa: 1:08am On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:
There are many more actually.

1. Jimi Agbaje
2. Babangida Aliyu
3. Sule Lamido
4. Potection Seeker tongue tongue grin grin

etc.

lmao @ protection seeker...barcanonsense... grin

2 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by modath(f): 2:14am On Jun 09, 2015
Sigo86:

Mehhhn!.. U sabi Naija Politics o. Kudos jare.

Don't mind me ojare, sometimes I wish I was like every other female of my acquaintance & be interested in Telemundo, nollywood & the kardashians but na lie, its politics,sports and just the world around me in general.

How ya doin? smiley
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by modath(f): 2:35am On Jun 09, 2015
jaybee:

Actually Babangida Aliyu has never been in any other party apart from PDP; he has never been a member of APC.

Same with Sule Lamido. He is a founding member of PDP and remains in PDP till date.

Jimi Agbaje was in AD and later AC. He left AC in 2011 after the party primaries in which former Governor Fashola emerged flag bearer of AC. He has since been changing parties, but never been a member of APC or any of its legacy parties.

You got your Jimi Agbaje chronology wrong a bit, he left in 2007 for DPA & from there to PDP in 2011. He left same time as Obanikoro and Femi pedro but the latter found his way back with speed.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by modath(f): 2:47am On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
I don catch you today! How you dey na? grin tongue

@ngeneukwuenu,I don't see Saraki and Dagara defecting to APC. I believe all aggrieved persons will sheathe their swords for the unity of the party.

Yeepa,you see me? How? you mean my invisible cloak is not working!! shocked

You mean Baba Fatoki collected my 1k for nothing, hin go hear from me. grin

I'm good, taking each day as it comes,how are you doing too?

As for Dogara and Saraki, they are both going nowhere unless its down, can you see Messi & Ronaldo leaving La Liga for NPL?

I'm 90% sure that Saraki wil get that position, what gives me that conviction, I have no idea. Dogara on the other hand is trying to make as much ruckus as he can to get 2 things;

1. A juicy & visible committee to chair.

2.His name in the public domain for his not too distant gubernatorial ambition.

1 Like

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by after1: 4:41am On Jun 09, 2015
onatisi:
don't mind the op, the op is just a nairaland political learner. Shekarau is very much on ground in his state , tom ikimi too is very much active in his state pdp and the op thinks once u are not given a federal appointment that means u are not relevant. No need arguing with anyone here .

Mumu, shekarau that lost his PU and local government. Stick to Ghana politics old man, you are going senile i swear.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by oluminister: 4:44am On Jun 09, 2015
Reason why Saraki should not be allow to be senate president because he will fustrate Buhari anti corruption crusade and too ambitious to be president of this country so he will find all means to truncate Buhari government to gain polical sympathy, and easily form alliance with all those useless PDP formal governor who are now a senator to destroying APC.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Rexyl(m): 5:21am On Jun 09, 2015
modath:
@Ngeneukwenu

You forgot Olusegun Osoba and the rag tag ogun & oyo senators like Lanlehin, Adeseun, Obadara etc.

But Lanlehin, one of the co-founders of the APC was frustrated out, the way politicians form a part and get it destroyed when the bubble bursts. in a situation like that how can we describe those still remaining in a ruling party when some key founders are frustrated out? You call them loyalists, saints or what?
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by neocortex: 5:28am On Jun 09, 2015
blackpanda:

You just ranting without any facts. It seems u are one of those useless pdp sychophants that their stomach twist whenever they hear anything great about apc

I am sorry for your crude mind, what "great" thing have you heard about APC ?
Oh , APAC won the election ,how has that improved your life.
Even if APC has increased your e-warrior crumb , you must note that it adds nothing to you on the long run because
Crumbs/Crumbs = Misery
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by modath(f): 6:05am On Jun 09, 2015
Rexyl:

But Lanlehin, one of the co-founders of the APC was frustrated out, the way politicians form a part and get it destroyed when the bubble bursts. in a situation like that how can we describe those still remaining in a ruling party when some key founders are frustrated out? You call them loyalists, saints or what?

How you folks come up with all these warped political analysis beats the imagination! Who frustrated him out Its his over ambition that blinded him..

He wanted to be governor forgetting Ajimobi had first right of refusal, & thought pitching his tent with ladoja now will improve his 2019 chances since he couldn't get APC's nod.

He also overestimated his popularity..just like the ex ogun federal lawmakers did with Osoba; who thought he was too big to be under Tinubu & Amosun, conveniently forgetting OBJ's AD annihilation of AD's SW states in 2003 left only Tinubu's lagos standing.

What frustrated Lanlehin out of APC is the same as what did in Ikimi,Shekarau,etc ;not understanding that in life "there will always be firsts among equals... Some are natural born leaders & will always remain so.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by zendy: 6:10am On Jun 09, 2015
ndcide:
Only shortsighted people see things from the perspective of the @op.

Just one event can render this analysis useless. It's only used by manipulative people to achieve selfish goals.

Finally everything about APC is not all good. Extreme politics is foolishness.

I agree. What the OP is calling political oblivion is just a 4 year tenur. It's hardly worth breaking sweat for.By this time in 4 years time, it could be a new president and a new political party being sworn in, would the current crop of APC politicians go into political oblivion too? I don't like anything about APC. This party would never have been formed if GEJ had been a Hausa or Yoruba man. APC will only work as a party as long as it has a Northerner as its president. The day it fields anybody other than a Northerner, the party will fall like a pack of cards.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Rexyl(m): 6:42am On Jun 09, 2015
modath:

How you folks come up with all these warped political analysis beats the imagination! Who frustrated him out Its his over ambition that blinded him..

He wanted to be governor forgetting Ajimobi had first right of refusal, & thought pitching his tent with ladoja now will improve his 2019 chances since he couldn't get APC's nod.

He also overestimated his popularity..just like the ex ogun federal lawmakers did with Osoba; who thought he was too big to be under Tinubu & Amosun, conveniently forgetting OBJ's AD annihilation of AD's SW states in 2003 left only Tinubu's lagos standing.

What frustrated Lanlehin out of APC is the same as what did in Ikimi,Shekarau,etc ;not understanding that in life "there will always be firsts among equals... Some are natural born leaders & will always remain so.

you could also say over ambition blinded Ayo Adeseun? Have you ever heard directly from the two (Lanlehin and Adeseun) before about what caused them to leave the party they invested their time and resources to form? Have you ever heard of unfair treatments from them? These were the two hardworking senators who invested so much on basic infrastructures for their senatorial districts. I can say the State couldn't have lost the connection, relevance, influence and contributions of these prominent senators.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Rexyl(m): 7:00am On Jun 09, 2015
zendy:

I agree. What the OP is calling political oblivion is just a 4 year tenur. It's hardly worth breaking sweat for.By this time in 4 years time, it could be a new president and a new political party being sworn in, would the current crop of APC politicians go into political oblivion too? I don't like anything about APC. This party would never have been formed if GEJ had been a Hausa or Yoruba man. APC will only work as a party as long as it has a Northerner as its president. The day it fields anybody other than a Northerner, the party will fall like a pack of cards.

The North has a political sophistication they have been using to play the Southern parts and drive the people the way they want. Truth must be told APC is just an extension of northern rule from PDP they caused to crash when it wasn't glaring that a northerner would emerge the president. What makes a difference when former PDP members are the greatest elected members of APC in the North? They were the most beneficiaries of PDP, and now in APC more and more dividends of democracy for them. The plan is working, it's other parts that will be falling and rising to catch up.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by chapatti: 7:05am On Jun 09, 2015
you see how God works? they left but APC still won and remained. http://nigerianeducation.com.ng/
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Nely77(m): 7:06am On Jun 09, 2015
This writer must be out of her mind. Is politics about being in the ruling party? How many of the strong people in the present ruling party were in PDP till APC won election? Opposition is still part of the game. Understand it that some notable personalities will remain unnoticed as long as they are in the ruling party but will be more popular and influential if in opposition. An example is the case of Tinubu before now. If Tinubu had defected to the ruling PDP then, he would not have achieved what he has achieved now and he would have been less relevant. Politically, he wouldn't have been seen the way he is being seen today. Now that APC has won the election, they need strong men like some of the ones you have mentioned to challenge them for them to sit up. Have you reasoned what this country would have been like without the emergence of a strong opposition like APC? So they are still relevant and are going to be useful when the need arises.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by meghoma: 8:09am On Jun 09, 2015
THERE IS 2 DPK UP TO 5000 MATRIX TONS EACH AT 59. THE SERIOUS BUYER SHOULD CONTACT ME ON THIS NUMBER:08131835684 VERY FAST TO CLOSE DEAL AT NNPC, ABUJA
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by porka: 8:13am On Jun 09, 2015
A typical woman's way of reasoning.

They always consider temporary set back as the end.

So the APC with a 2 week old government but currently showing deep and potentially intractable crack is now considered a political Eldorado?

Is the APC itself not coming from oblivion?

This same woman would be back to present her myopic sentiments when APC is facing its own issues, which it is bound to face, either now or in the future.

Men are advised to run from this type of women who are only interested in success and despise temporary setback.

Even Nuhu Ribadu who is just in his 50s is listed here as being in oblivion because of Tinubu's party that is riding on Buhari's temporary victory?

Did the ACN/APC not rejoice then when Ayo Fayose too was labeled as a finished politician?

How can anyone living in Nigeria begin to fantasize about Bukola Saraki going into political oblivion at 53 just because he might not win a senate presidency in June 2015?
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by samdon12(m): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2015
advocates:
Your major challenge is the capacity to comprehend. When are you going to ever learn that APC thrive on ideology and not individuals? For all I care, we presently have a party a break away from the direction less PDP had plunged us. Save yourself the headache of wishing the party evil and offer your best wishes.
Please can you tell me what APC's ideology is?
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by olaglamour(f): 8:42am On Jun 09, 2015
cold:

Your sense of self-aggrandisement is unparalled. Continue to stew in your delusions of grandeur
are you related to Hon. Patrick?
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by ALGAMISH: 9:01am On Jun 09, 2015
Shekarau, Buba Marwa, and Ribadu are not powerful politicians even while they were in APC. Ribadu is more popular in South West than even his state and the same thing with Buba Marwa. As for Shekarau he left alone, not even a single councillor followed him. Ali Modu Sherif use to be powerful in Borno before people realise he has a hand in boko haram
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by adconline(m): 9:48am On Jun 09, 2015
dplordx:
Bankole, the entire SE (remember they were begged, and all they could do was sentimentally and raucously call APC an Amala party grin grin grin).
Even the current governor of Ondo state: Mimiko. He'd have been an APC man but like Judas, he felt he could be a one man mopol. I sometimes forget the guy even existed. Shame the Iroko is falling down soon. APC would swoop Ondo soooo easily next year cheesy

And oh dear Lord! Ribadu Nuhu grin grin grin grin He's a classic case of political f00lishness. I wonder when he'd put a rope to the ceiling and kill himself. The guy messed up so bad, PDP doesnt even love him, and he's going to die a political outkast like Cain in the Bible grin grin
Leave SE out of this! Stock taking is in 2019 babe.. Did SW vote Buhari when he had Okadigbo and Umezoke as running mates in 2003 and 2007 respectively??
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by egobetatoday: 10:56am On Jun 09, 2015
dustmalik:
One of the reasons why i don't want Saraki to be Sen. Pres. is because he would frustrate Buhari's effort in trying to fight corruption, and that is something that must be prevented.

for example, his over 18billion loan which was written off by Mr. Lai Alabi in the defunct Intercontinental bank in the most 'unbankly way'. If he emerges the senate president then i know the case is DEAD FOREVER!!!
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Davetravis1(m): 11:34am On Jun 09, 2015
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others. Watch how this Charity organization in Nigeria has helped save Lives in a time of crisis. WATCH @ https:///SuWCSo Support them @ www.facebook.com/theinnercitymission (Kindly LIKE and SHARE) Thank You so much.

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by dazdilijae(m): 11:44am On Jun 09, 2015
Now that Saraki has defied APC and been made Senate President the true change has come cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by oshiosense(m): 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
A lot have been said, written and speculated about Saraki and Dogara defying and going against the decision of their Party in tomorrow's election into offices of the National Assembly. Why no one can readily and accurately predict what would happen in the Chambers tomorrow, it will not be out place to reexamine the chances and results of those who had taken similar route before and the consequences!

1. Ibrahim Shekaru: He was the governor of Kano State for 8 years spanning 2003-2011, a former strong member of APC, a Stalwart of ANPP who contributed in no small measure in the merging of the legacy parties that formed APC.

However, during the integration of then newly formed party, Shekaru felt, he would be sidelined in the scheme of things in Kano State with entrant of The then governor of Kano State, Alhaji Kwankwaso, defied all the entreaties of the party for reconciliation and defected to the then Ruling party PDP.
Result: Aside the 6months, jonathan invited him to "come and chop" he has been politically rendered useless in the National and Local Politics:

2: Buba Marwa: Just like Shekaru felt, he would be sidelined in the party, given the presence of then Governor Of Adamawa State , Murtala Nyako, decided to shift base to PDP while lampooning APC.
Result: His 2 years sojourn in the PDP brought misery and tears to him. There is speculation is about declaring for APC. Talk about going back to your Vomit.

3. Nuhu Ribadu:
A former Presidential Candidate of The defunct ACN, was a major force in the then New party. In fact he practically went to everywhere selling APC manifesto to the people. However when Nyako of Adamawa State was impeached, he saw a quicker route to the governorship seat and against all odds decided to dump APC for the then Ruling Party. And like the proverbial mad dog, he refused to listen to the wise counsel from his Friends in APC.
Result: He was roundly and disgracefully defeated in the just concluded guber election thereby rendering him a political nonentity both locally and nationally.

Tom Ikimi: According to him, he was the "sole" brain behind the formation APC. In fact he claimed that APC was formed in his parlour! But like orders who had defied the party, Ikimi felt the Chairman Seat should be reserved for him, without going through the elections, of which the party objected. He felt 'betrayed' and wrote a lengthy letter abusing Tinubu-the undisputed party leader and consequently defected to PDP.

Result: I have not heard from him for so long.

5. Ali Modu Sherrif: Another astute politician who defied the orders and instruction of APC and got himself burnt politically. No need to write more on him.

Others are Attahiru Bafarawa of Sokoto, Belgore of Kwara States etc all tried to defy and challenge APC but learned the lesson the bitter way!

Now, is history going to repeat itself in the cases of Saraki and Dogara?? Time which is actually Tomorrow will tell!

Article Written By Miss Ngene

Cc: Ishilove, lalasticlala, Seun
Olusegun Osoba, former Governor of Oghn state left APC to SDP. Since then, he has not been heard again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari's 3 Beautiful Daughters Rock Matching Outfits (photos) / Here's The Official Portrait Of New Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-olu / Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.