Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Agent Wants More Money Two Days After Payment Of Rent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Agent Wants More Money Two Days After Payment Of Rent (304 Views)

Cost Of Rent In Onitsha / Buy A House for Less Than The Price Of Rent In Abuja / Plan For Your Future Home Now To Reduce The Burden Of Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agent Wants More Money Two Days After Payment Of Rent by PGON(m): 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2015
I made a payment of 240k to an agent, who told me that 200k is for the landlord while 20k is agency fee, another 20k for agreement total, 240k.

After payment, I collected my receipt, the keys to the flat, signed the agreement and left. The next day i starting moving some of my properties to the new flat. The agent came into flat, and told me that the rent have changed. I need to pay 35k more, for blablabla.......caution fee.

I told him, to tell that to new tenants.
I left without giving that a thought, but he called later to remind me to bring more money....the 35k.

I need your advice on this one.

Should I get a lawyer to know about this...

This
Re: Agent Wants More Money Two Days After Payment Of Rent by PGON(m): 6:21am On Jun 09, 2015
Please property lawyers in the house I need your input.
Re: Agent Wants More Money Two Days After Payment Of Rent by siliowhizper: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2015
Bros, you no get problem jare. You have signed an agreement and paid commission and collected the receipt from the Landlord/Agent. Try and get in touch with the Landlord and also have a lawyer on standby just in case they begin to act up.

If the landlord seem to be a part of the fraudulent arrangement, then get a lawyer and the police to ensure they refund your money.

(1) (Reply)

4flats Of 3br And 3br Bungalow On Full Plot At Land At Ketu, Title R/c #30m Net / 4 Bedroom Flat All Ensuite With POP To Let At Magodo Gra Shangisha.n1.3m P/a / 5 Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex For Sale At Omole Phase I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.