Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,114 members, 7,957,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

Rivers Assembly Orders Wike To Dissolve RSIEC, RSJSC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Orders Wike To Dissolve RSIEC, RSJSC (594 Views)

Enugu Assembly Orders EEDC To Leave State Over Crazy Billing / Kano Assembly Orders Removal Of Kwankwasiyya Inscriptions On Public Buildings / National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Assembly Orders Wike To Dissolve RSIEC, RSJSC by Amaudeogu(m): 12:36am On Jun 09, 2015
PORT HARCOURT — Rivers State House of Assembly, yesterday, passed a resolution asking Governor Nyesom Wike to sack members of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, RSIEC and the Rivers State Judicial Service Commission, RSJSC over alleged abuse of their functions.

Speaker of the House, Mr Ikuinyi Ibani, read out the resolutions of the House after members voted in support of it.

He said: “Going by the resolution of this House, we do resolve that the governor of Rivers State, Chief Wike, is hereby given the power to remove the members of the RSJSC from office. This House has resolved that His Excellency, Chief Wike, is hereby given the power to remove the chairman and members of RSIEC over misconduct outlined against them.”

He further ordered the Clerk of the House to immediately convey the resolutions to the governor.

The Speaker said the action of the lawmakers was to further deepen democracy, stressing that members of the affected commissions erred in the discharge of their functions.

“There are certain things you don’t allow to occur, while you hold a position of trust. It is my belief that any decision we take on the floor of this chamber is true and in the best interest of the state. It is not witch-hunting. The documents we have show a different thing. We must deepen democratic values as lawmakers,” he said.

Leader of the House, Martins Amarwhule, who spoke after heads and members of the two commissions who appeared before the lawmakers had been thoroughly quizzed, said that they acted in contrast with the oaths they took.

“Members of the RSJSC went contrary to their oath of office pursuant to Section 201 of the 1999 Constitution as amended, by among other issues, allowing the former state Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Worgu Boms, to derail and shut down the judiciary for 356 days.”

Chairman of RSIEC, Professor Augustine Ahiozu, who led five other members of his commission therefore the lawmakers, said he followed the law in the conduct of the last local government elections.

Secretary of the RSJSC, Mrs Kate Baridor led principal members of her commission to the House.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-assembly-orders-wike-to-dissolve-rsiec-rsjsc-2/#sthash.3AcEqn50.dpuf
Re: Rivers Assembly Orders Wike To Dissolve RSIEC, RSJSC by bossOD: 12:43am On Jun 09, 2015
I so much love this. watching in 3G
Re: Rivers Assembly Orders Wike To Dissolve RSIEC, RSJSC by sammyp01: 1:19am On Jun 09, 2015
New set of guys are in town.but if you look closely its all politics
Re: Rivers Assembly Orders Wike To Dissolve RSIEC, RSJSC by Ilekeh(f): 1:29am On Jun 09, 2015
Overhype menene!

Shiorrrr

Ameachi, I love you! Keep giving your haters a reason to hate you grin

May I continue to give my enemies more reason to hate me and wish me gone as I become more successful in every area of my life!
Re: Rivers Assembly Orders Wike To Dissolve RSIEC, RSJSC by viczing(m): 7:10am On Jun 09, 2015
sammyp01:
New set of guys are in town.but if you look closely its all politics

It's all good

(1) (Reply)

Indian Arms Group; Instigate Violence In Nigeria / Gej, Ibb And.... / Ramadan: Buhari Appeals To Misguided Brothers To Drop Arms, Embrace Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.