Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 - Sports (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 (107580 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Kennedyiheme: 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
CFCfan:

Currently, Colombia are leading France 1-0. Bear in mind that Colombia are the lowest ranked team in their group.
The Super Falcons, also the lowest ranked in their group, could shock the Americans.
yeah we can shock usa, if the coach take out some players, replace oparanozie for umotong, some of those girls are tired, esther sunday tht is very skillfull is on d bench, nigerian coaches are dull, all dey knw how to do is pray
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
yeah we can shock usa, if the coach take out some players, replace oparanozie for umotong, some of those girls are tired, esther sunday tht is very skillfull is on d bench, nigerian coaches are dull, all dey knw how to do is pray
Esther Sunday is too selfish, and lacks a bit if football intelligence. In fact, if she plays on Wednesday morning (Naija time), you may smash your TV set in anger at her play
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Legendoscar2: 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
Judolisco:
Wat da
Wat da wat da cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Kennedyiheme: 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
CFCfan:

Esther Sunday is too selfish, and lacks a bit if football intelligence. In fact, if she plays on Wednesday morning (Naija time), you may smash your TV set in anger at her play
atleast if he had brought her in instead of nkwocha on thursday,it cld hve been better. The earlier tht useless man replaces dede the better. The two centre backs are ok, it ohale that is givin chukwunonye a lot of work to do.... Ebere is a spectacular player, I don't understand if dis okon guy doesn't hve brain, nigerians all over the world are always happy weneva the team wants to play bt yet they'll jst dissapoint....do u knw hw many foreigners commended our game against sweden? Only for us to f*c*k up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
atleast if he had brought her in instead of nkwocha on thursday,it cld hve been better. The earlier tht useless man replaces dede the better. The two centre backs are ok, it ohale that is givin chukwunonye a lot of work to do.... Ebere is a spectacular player, I don't understand if dis okon guy doesn't hve brain, nigerians all over the world are always happy weneva the team wants to play bt yet they'll jst dissapoint....do u knw hw many foreigners commended our game against sweden? Only for us to f*c*k up
I hope this tournament will be a teachable moment for the NFF. If the Falcons qualify for next year's Olympics, another coach like Dedevbo should handle the team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Kennedyiheme: 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
CFCfan:

I hope this tournament will be a teachable moment for the NFF. If the Falcons qualify for next year's Olympics, another coach like Dedevbo should handle the team.
nff never learns..... Besides how are they gonna pick the olympic team? Is it the same super falcons dt wil play?
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
nff never learns..... Besides how are they gonna pick the olympic team? Is it the same super falcons dt wil play?
Yeah. It will be the same squad going to the Olympics, bar a few players because teams are limited to 18 players.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Emvin(m): 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
Niyinficient:

Now ur 'heartbreaks' continue!

No bro..atleast Arsenal play gud football

We will always win a cup every season
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by dhappyking(m): 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
kinibigdeal:
We will beat USA silly..dont worry okon had a game plan

For your mind? Well, will I be pleasantly amazed. Beating USA will be next to a miracle.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Duru1(m): 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
aroti:

A lot of unintelligent football motions with the hope and prayer that we just nick a goal or goals. The Aussie were not physically superior but were more efficient and intelligent in the use and movement of the ball than our girls; I don't get it; is the black man is all about brute force and no brain. A little use of the brain in combination with our physical strength would have seen us victorious yesterday; in place Of Brain work, Coach Okon prefers prayer and worship.

angry

It is a combination many factors. I guess preparation or lack thereof is one of the Achilles. Also, the officiating of the matches involving Nigerians leaves much to be desired. Most Nigerians are full of sentiments and love to be regarded as heroes or heroines hence every idi.ot on the football team wants to score a goal. Nigerians society is the worst of all the factors. A society that has just elected a screwball as president cannot be fancied.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Duru1(m): 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
Kennedyiheme:

The team needs fresh footballers. Oparanozie seemed overweight and stumbled at every touch of the ball. Ebi is so fat she cannot even raise her legs. Ayinde is a spectator and Nwabuoku is clueless at the midfield.

I shall use Dike or Umotong in place of Oparanoize, Ohale in place of Ebi and Njoku at the right back. I call on the help of any midfielder but Ayinde and Nwabuoku. I shall also emphasize that there is no heroine status for a goal scorer. The team must be a winner before the goal scorer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Duru1(m): 10:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
Kennedyiheme:

Ebi not ohale is the one giving chukwunonye much work at the back line. Ebi has been, at best, spectator. I had replaced her with Ohale. Also, Nwabuoku and Ayinde are on sabbatical vacation. I play Esther Sunday so the Okobi will be drafted to the midfield.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Lovexme(m): 11:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
gibzzhd:

I doubt u know any thing abt d English women super league.well go get knowledge cos I don't condescend so low to trading words wit tins like u.Google 4 wisdom.use ur phone wisely

I never insulted you, but you deemed it fit to insult me. Go ahead, show your parents how well they brought you up.

LFC ladies won the last two league championship. Arsenal isn't the top dog it once was, but they currently sit 2nd, Everton ladies finished lowly, and were relegated.

Dude, I follow female footie in England.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by dodobytes: 8:45am On Jun 14, 2015
After the match against Australia, I think lots of people just quit on the Falcons, truth be told I kinda gave up too, I decided to just forget the game and move on jare. But being a green-white-green for life I had to ask myself questions and I found myself answering them.

What went wrong against Australia?

• I personally think the girls burnt out in the first 15-20minutes of the game, and as stamina and pace deserted us, the quickness and trickery of the Matilda’s began to show. I can attribute this to the error of fielding the same team without any changes.

• Desire Oparanozie is a good player but in this tournament she hasn’t really come to the party (it happens to the best of players, nothing personal). Against the Matilda’s she was looking very heavy and lost for pace.

• Ohale starting on the right flank was a testament to the fact that we have a coach that is stubborn and needs to upgrade his technical abilities. Why make the same mistake that cost us dearly in our first game? Truth be said, the substitution of Ohale later on in the game, as much as it was welcome, it was needless if the right thing was done initially. That slot could have been used to unleash more firepower against the opposition as we direly needed a goal to get our girls fired up again.

• As our girls tired out, we lost the engine room of the game (midfield), they completely bossed the midfield and it was only a matter of time before we conceded. Dede might not be what she used to be, but I absolve her of any blame for the two goals conceded on the day, her defenders didn’t do her any favours.

• I don’t fault Coach Okon’s substitution on the day;

 Ohale had to leave for Njoku,though it was a wasted substitution but it was needful to shore up the right side of the defence, we were looking fragile there.
 The midfield was lost, we needed to calm it down and regain some form of control,while at the same time looking to go forward.Cecelia Nku and Ohadugha cant give you that.The only player that can give you that on the bench is Perpetua,credit to her there was some form of control when she got on the pitch.
 Desire was a spent force we needed fresh legs to trouble the opposition and in comes Dike,smart move but a little too late.

I know that we have a mountain to climb to get the result against USA, but if I were Okon would I roll over and die? Never!! I would rather go out guns blazing.

So I am gonna be Okon for a moment and come up with what I feel would be my plan to get a result, I would tell my girls that we have a fighting chance, it might be a small window, but we have a chance and we should go for it. Firstly I would allow the girls go and rest, they would surely need it because against the USA, we are going to bring the thunder!!

to be continued…..
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by StealthyMe(m): 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
shockwave91:

lolxxx. grin they no even know anything in the first place. U watch dat piece of sh*t naija vs chad match?? grin

i fit watch any other Nigerian game...not Super Eagles for now wink
Their game dey everly vex person undecided
I hear say them win...
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by dodobytes: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
I will approach the game knowing I need to win and not concede as that makes the job harder, therefore I will adopt two formations 4-3-3 and 4-2-4.

The defensive line-up will definitely be changed as Njoku will get to start, talk about round peg in a round hole. Ayinde will also be sacrificed in the midfield because I want a firm grip on the midfield and Nwabuoku as the only defensive midfielder doesn’t cut it. Ohadugha or Nku will be included in the mix to firm things up at the center of the park.Nwabuoku will be the anchor person shielding the defence line at all times,while Nku/Ohadugha will be the bulldog,ball winning midfielder

I will have to trust Okobi as the only creative midfielder, as I need tough tacklers in the game. Oshoala and Ordega will have to run the flanks while I will have to go with a new striker this time around (Ini/Dike), reason being Oparanozie doesn’t seem to have the pace or trickery to take on defenders and her first touch has been poor.

I will rather have her come in as a sub deep in the second half when fatigue has set in for the opposing defenders and then she can bully them and her lack of pace would be compensated for by the tired legs of the defenders.

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by dodobytes: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
When the momentum is with our team I would encourage them to switch to a 4-2-4 formation where Okobi either pushes to the flank and Oshoala comes into the center, or Okobi pushes straight up into the center. Nwabuoku then steps up into the central midfield role.

This should be the complexion of the team when we are on the attack and pressing for a goal. Notwithstanding Ordega and Oshoala can always interchange depending on where they both find joy.

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Bowaley17(m): 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
Isn't there a line we can contact Okon on? Why can't some of our Nigeria coaches talk some senses into his head. A miracle will happen to beat USA. Wish the girls goodluck against the US babes.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by ndubueze92(m): 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2015
Afrok:
u've spoken well.... About Sokari am sure u said dt bcoz of how painful the match was. Talking abt meetin Courtney Dike, i'll suggest u join d vaseline crew. Lol...
u have got dia address? About Sokari he gave d ball away in d midfield and it resulted to d goal.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by ndubueze92(m): 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
kingcity:
how do u mean sokari sold our match ?
He gave d ball away in d midfield and u know it resulted to...?
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by gbens2000(m): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
Segadem:
with 1 point?
no way
chai we must beat USA be DAT,sha miracles are possible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by olapluto(m): 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
Pictorial of the permutations of group D.

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2015
Sports betting have been tagged by most people as being highly risky to get involved but it is not so when you know how to stake and tend not to be greedy; in fact the gain is far more higher than the risk involved. What i am about to share is for those who are willing to stake high and double or triple their money fast. Most people involved in sports betting want to accumulate 10 to 30 games on one slip and play with #100, now their reason for accumulating such amount of games is because they want the money to increase but the chance of winning the money is very very low. Here is how i double or even triple my money with less risk; in sports betting there are so many options but the safest and easiest is playing "OVER 1.5" What this means is that in a particular football match there must be two goals and above and we all know that it is very easy to score two goals in football.
Now the odd attached to this is between 1.20 to 1.30, now if you are to accumulate 4 or 5(preferably 4) matches with this kind of odd the total odd will be from 2.0 to 3 and you place a bet of #10,000 in a space of two hours you will be having extra #10,000 or #20,000 as your profit from the game. it is very easy and simple, you don't need to bother yourself about who wins the match all you know is that they must score two goals and you will get fast cash. This method is beneficial to only those who are willing to stake highly not by betting with #100.
Now you can register with 1960bet; as they offer high odds for staking
https://www.1960bet.com/Odds/registration/affiliate393684

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Francisca Ordega Builds House For Her Mother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.