Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,568 members, 7,837,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? (33862 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? / Egg Distribution Or Pig Farming Which Would You Advice With Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? by femiolu1: 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
fish farming, because it is has no haram or halal.
plus it has a ready market, always....

when i started my fish farm i ran at a loss for a while
until i did certain things
find out how i turned my fish farm into a profit:

http://www.worryfreeworker.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=53
Re: Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? by sp2002(m): 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
the percentage profit in pigery is higher compared to that of fish farming. cost of feedcing a pig is not to high compared to that of fish.
why not try egg-production and feel the best.
for more info call: 08137775986, www.sp2002.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? by Horus(m): 11:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
There is more profits in fish farming.
Re: Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? by Jaywon242(m): 8:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
According to the USDA's Foreign Agricultural Service, nearly 100 million metric tons of pork were consumed worldwide in 2006 (preliminary data). Increasing urbanization and disposable income has led to a rapid rise in pork consumption in China, where 2006 consumption was 20% higher than in 2002, and a further 5% increase projected in 2007.
Re: Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? by knowledge4(m): 6:34am On Oct 18, 2013
Pig consumption is forbidden in the Bible in the book of Leviticus 11 vs 7
Catfish is also forbidden in the bible in Leveiticus 11 vs 12
Chickens are not forbidden anywhere in the world in any religion or culture.
Re: Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? by dynamix101(m): 11:04am On Sep 09, 2015
Boiled soyabeans are currently available for sale in 50kg bags. For pig farmers its a better alternative if you want to add fat and protein to your growing and finishing pigs. Book your order 08189051586
Re: Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? by ultrazone(m): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2018
Re: Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? by Nlkay(m): 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
pigfarmer:
Hi guys,

Firstly, I will not go into the process of comparing both forms of farming; because each form of farming is unique, and ofcource with its ups & downs depending on the market in question. In the European market  both forms of farming are practised .

I am Nigerian Swine Consultant, and I will will comment on the act of Swine Breeding where I am specialized; I must inform you guys that it is in fact a very profitable business. The "white meat" as its always refered to is on of the cheapest and of course very healthy. Interested parties can visit http://animalfarmer.org  so that you can have an idea.

Nigeria, could a very important player along South Africa in Swine production. Putting the religious issues around pigs behind us would help much, and the "cleanness"  issue I believe that if you log on the aforementioned site you will have a better idea of real swine production is all about.
A country like Nigeria, with scarcity of meat protein can be very lucrative for the business. For more information visit my site and leave a message.

http://animalfarmer.org, already farmers who might want any form of consultation ( GENETICS - NUTRITION - FARM MANAGEMENT )are also wellcome
For example, a fully mechanised Farrow - finish Pig Farm Unit with about 1000 sows under favourable circumstance could produce a Gross profit of about 1.2 Million Euros per annum.

Let me have your number so I call you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Could Be The Reason Why Our Farm Was Poisoned. / See How Nigerians Are Killing Their Rice Value Chain / Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.