Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Is Ibrahimovic The Answer To Arsenal's Strike Force? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Ibrahimovic The Answer To Arsenal's Strike Force? (398 Views)

Stats Showing Manchester United’s Paul Pogba And Zlatan Ibrahimovic The Most Pro / Lionel Messi,luis Suarez And Neymar-are They The Greatest Strike-force Ever Seen / BBC Vs MSN- Who Has The Best Strike Force? Real Madrid Or Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Ibrahimovic The Answer To Arsenal's Strike Force? by Ping411: 7:53am On Jun 09, 2015
Following Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s decision to leave French Champions, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), Arsenal are being linked with securing the Sweden international.

The 33-year-old has grown unhappy with life in Paris and will seek a move away from the club this summer. It’s claimed that the Sweden captain would prefer a move back to his former club AC Milan, but a number of Premier League clubs have been alerted to his availability.

With just a year remaining on his contract, Ibrahimovic would be available for as little as £11m, and the Gunners have been joined by both Liverpool and Chelsea in expressing an interest in his signature.

Arsenal are believed to be in the hunt for a new striker to provide further competition for Olivier Giroud and Theo Walcott, although whether manager Arsene Wenger would want to bring in a player of Ibrahimovic’s character remains to be seen.

Wenger has already missed out on Ibrahimovic once, when a then 19-year-old Ibrahimovic turned down the chance to join the club because Wenger wanted him to go through a trial in 2000.

Speaking in 2012, Ibrahimovic said: “Arsene gave me the famous red and white jersey – the No 9 shirt with Ibrahimovic on it and I was so pleased I even posed for a picture wearing it.

“It was a fantastic moment for me. Arsenal had a great team then and here was an Arsenal shirt made just for me.

“So then I waited for him to convince me that I should join Arsenal. But he didn’t even try.

Ibrahimovic joined PSG from Milan in 2012, and has gone on to score 106 goals in 126 matches to help secure three straight Ligue 1 titles as well as two French Cups and two Coupe de la Ligue triumphs.

However, his mainstay through the middle has seen Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani forced out wide and is said to have caused a fractured relationship with the former Napoli man, and at 33 it appears PSG may be looking at their future beyond Ibrahimovic – who has also had spells with the likes of Juventus, Inter Milan and Barcelona but is yet to join a Premier League club.
- See more at: http://bizwatchnigeria.ng/arsenal-look-to-ibrahimovic/#sthash.VWmv8SHB.dpuf
Re: Is Ibrahimovic The Answer To Arsenal's Strike Force? by bossOD: 7:56am On Jun 09, 2015
How times have change, So arsenal dey buy player now hmmm. I like that

(1) (Reply)

Stars To Watch At 2015 Copa America / Watch European Qualifiers Highlights : Wales 1 – 0 Belgium / Colombia Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.