Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Vincent Enyeama Will Quit The Super Eagles After 2017 AFCON - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Will Quit The Super Eagles After 2017 AFCON (337 Views)

Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr / Photo Of Super Eagles After Their Victory Match Against Zambia / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Will Quit The Super Eagles After 2017 AFCON by Ping411: 8:33am On Jun 09, 2015
Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has said that he will retire from the national team after the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon.

Enyeama, who was speaking in Abuja on Monday said that it was important for him to give room for upcoming goalkeepers to develop themselves.

The national team captain said; “I can’t keep doing the same thing forever; there is going to be a time I have to stop and give it up to some other persons. I am the only face here since 2002, but 2017 Nations Cup finals will be my last game. I just said my target, anything can happen after,” he added.

Enyeama revealed that he had planned retiring after the Super Eagles failed to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup ofr Nations, but was prevented by the immediate past governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio, as well as his wife and pastor.

“I actually wanted to stop, it wasn’t a rumour. Nigeria is blessed with great goalkeepers, just that we need to give them confidence.

“Nobody gave me a chance when I started, I was a rookie also; I belt it up, I worked hard for it and became the big person that nobody wants to lose.”
- See more at: http://bizwatchnigeria.ng/vincent-enyeama-will-quit-the-super-eagles/#sthash.PpIGUozX.dpuf
Re: Vincent Enyeama Will Quit The Super Eagles After 2017 AFCON by StealthyMe(m): 8:54am On Jun 09, 2015
He has actually paid his dues in the National team and should be respected for that.
He should be honoured, a novelty match should be held in his honour.

(1) (Reply)

FUT 15 TOTW 35 (WEEK 35) / Onazi To Miss Tanzania, Egypt Afcon Qualifiers / Harshest Red Card Ever? See This Video And Be The Judge..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.