Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Nigerian Student Solves 30-year-old Maths Equation @japan, Breaks Record - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Student Solves 30-year-old Maths Equation @japan, Breaks Record (626 Views)

Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M / Fatima Bombom-Sani Shines At Nigeria Law School, Breaks Record / Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student Solves 30-year-old Maths Equation @japan, Breaks Record by adegunwa4real(m): 10:35am On Jun 09, 2015
Nigerian student solves 30-year-old maths equation & breaks academic record at Japanese university
A Nigerian student named Ufot Ekong (pictured
above) solved a 30 year old maths equation and
broke academic record at Japanese university and he
did it while working two jobs to pay his way!
Independent UK reports...
A Nigerian student has broken a 30-year-old
maths equation and achieved the highest
grades at a university in Japan for 50 years.
Ufot Ekong, who studied at Tokai University in
Tokyo, achieved a first class degree in
electrical engineering and scored the best
marks at the university since 1965, the Flotilla
Magazine reported.
He began his success early at the university, solving
a 30-year-old maths equation in his first semester.
Throughout his university career Mr Ekong has won
six awards for academic excellence. The brilliant
mathematician worked two jobs alongside his
studies to pay his way as a student.
Mr Ekong also speaks English, French, Japanese and
Yoruba and won a Japanese language award for
foreigners. He is currently working for Nissan and
already has two patents for electronic car design to
his name.
Tokai University is a prestigious private university
based in the Japanese capital, which was founded in
1924. It is focused on the sciences and technology
and roughly 60 per cent of all students are enrolled
in these schools.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/nigerian-student-ufot-ekong-solves-30yearold-maths-equation-and-breaks-academic-record-at-japanese-university-10303064.html

Re: Nigerian Student Solves 30-year-old Maths Equation @japan, Breaks Record by Onyenna(m): 11:43am On Jun 09, 2015
WOOOOOW!!! I can't seem to find suitable adjective(s) to qualify this Hardworking Genius! WoW! He achieved all this while working two jobs to pay through school!.....

***if this guy ain't superman, then he's related to him****....

WOOW! this is just Awesomely Awesome!!... Congratulations Ufot Ekong! We're Proud of you!!......
Re: Nigerian Student Solves 30-year-old Maths Equation @japan, Breaks Record by adegunwa4real(m): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yea....we need more people like him, not the ones soiling the country's name!
Re: Nigerian Student Solves 30-year-old Maths Equation @japan, Breaks Record by kedunaija(m): 2:53am On Jun 12, 2015
congrats my bro.. afrter reading it from a site i had to come to nairaland to see it myself..
incase i read it here.>>http://kedunaija.com/nigerian-student-ufot-ekong-solves-30-years-unsolvable-japanese-maths/

(1) (Reply)

35 Facts About Africa You Might Not Know / Site For Thinking; The Brain Or The Mind? / How Much Is Ui's School Fees For Msc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.