Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,133 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Financial War - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Financial War (698 Views)

Financial Panic Sweeps Europe / 20 Signs Of Imminent Financial Collapse In Europe / Dubai In Serious Financial Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Financial War by NegroNtns(m): 10:48pm On Feb 19, 2009
I heard a term this morning on radio and it struck a note and got me thinking about something I read some years ago in Final Call. Final Call is the newsmagazine published and distributed by Nation of Islam.

In conjunction with that, I reflected to a post I saw yesterday here in NL politics section that says Naira has lost value due to the global economic problem and now exchanges . . . I think the poster says at the rate of #154 to $1 or some figure close to that. It was an interesting post but I did not respond because I find it difficult to reconcile my thoughts about the poster.

Let's put our warrior hat on, enter into the war planning room and give proposals and inputs to this question (Pick any country you like for the role play):

If you had to, how would you wage a financial war on a sovereign state?
Re: Financial War by birdman(m): 7:31am On Feb 23, 2009
One way is to control the selling price of that nations's commodities. The middle east oil guys are trying to diversify and become economic superpowers in their own right. The craziness in oil is directed squarely at them.

Several new york financial houses not only traded oil futures, but built underground tanks to hoard/release fuel supply. It should be illegal, but no one is going to jail over it. They effectively caused oil to spike, then crash. I'm sure you've read of foreigners fleeing Dubai.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News - Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash / Spreading Democracy, The American Way. / Faux News Converts Liberal Democrat Into Republican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.