Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. (7186 Views)

Senators Pray over Saraki's Victory At The CCT (Photos) / David Mark's Election Nullified By Appeal Court, Fresh Election Ordered / Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by goodgate: 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
modhream:

The Constitution says 1/3 for quorum and simple majority for election.On both grounds,Bukola Saraki won it.Accept it,he is the Senate President
His election can still be nullified, the constitution states that a person aspiring to hold the position of SP must not be one that has been indicted or investigated for fraud, the constitution also made it clear that without the presence of the President of the Federal Republic to Declare open the Assembly, it is Null and Void.
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by horlabiyi(m): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
Op why you dey fall my hand like this nah? You wan make international communities see this kind thing wey you post here? 1/3 of 108 is what? Abeg sleep here _____________o/
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by AdeniyiA(m): 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
1/3 of members is needed for session but 2/3 is needed for any election.
The election was a political coup by the power despirado Saraki, the number of senators disenfranchised can not make the election stand, in the Court or in the House.
Saraki is too desperate for my liking, joining forces with your enemies against your party is the highest form anti party activity ...
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
CharlesPhc:

With the Bolden word, what they had today was an inauguration and not a sitting. There's a difference

I was really wondering how an inauguration suddenly became a sitting oooo!
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by iamrealdeji(m): 1:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
chukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin the ode wrote 1/3 of 108 =72 chai no wonder Buhari has F9 in mathematics
he was obviously trying to say 2/3,why criticizing him when you get what he was trying to pass
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by mrpackager(m): 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
chukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin the ode wrote 1/3 of 108 =72 chai no wonder Buhari has F9 in mathematics

diz got me Rolling on floor grin...,.gringrin grin
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by akinszz: 1:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
1/3 of 108 is 36 Oponu.Everything was perfectly legal
he wanted to say 2/3.
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by DONSMITH123(m): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Chosen1984:
My brother you are giving tales by moon light!

is it not dis same Nigeria were 16 pass 19?

The same Nigeria were 7 impeach 21?

This one is even better. They are More than those who didn't vote!

Abi my brother....... ;
is it not dis same Nigeria were 16 pass 19?

The same Nigeria were 7 impeach 21?

This one is even better. They are More than those who didn't vote!

[/quote]

Abi my brother.......
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by frankyychiji(f): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
deebsman1:
thank you, may be Bukky thought we r still leaving in that era of impunity. This pipu are even underestimating PMB, Baba should start dangling his axes and let them know who is in control.......see dem PDP as they are sharing posts among themselves.
monkie! There is separation of powers. Your Baba should mind his cows.
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by frankyychiji(f): 2:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
ProfCorruption:
You need to go back to school and learn elementary mathematics.
Ouch!! grin
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by deebsman1(m): 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
ur post shows d kind of person u r
frankyychiji:
monkie! There is separation of powers. Your Baba should mind his cows.
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by AnneMomoh: 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
koboko69:
The constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria clearly states;

(1)The quorum of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall be one-third of all the members on of the Legislative House concerned.

(2) The quorum of a joint sitting of both the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall be one-third of all the members of both Houses.

Nigeria has 108 senators. Going by the constitution before any sitting can take place, one-thrid of members of the senate or house of assembly must be present.

By this, before the elections can proceed, 72 senators must be present.

Going by reports, just 57 senators were present today, which made the election unconstitutional.

Any contrary opinion is welcomed.

You sabi maths so?

1/3 of 108 is 36.

Na wa oh
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by modhream: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
goodgate:
His election can still be nullified, the constitution states that a person aspiring to hold the position of SP must not be one that has been indicted or investigated for fraud, the constitution also made it clear that without the presence of the President of the Federal Republic to Declare open the Assembly, it is Null and Void.
You will do well to quote those sections of "Constitution" you refer to cos what you posit is definitely not in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,1999 as amended.Maybe you quote from that scrap of akara paper Iya Basira sold you this morning.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by frankyychiji(f): 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
deebsman1:
ur post shows d kind of person u r
Will you rather be one of Buhari's cows instead of a monkie?
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by deebsman1(m): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
i won't trade words with u, cos am a beta and more intellectual person than u
frankyychiji:
Will you rather be one of Buhari's cows instead of a monkie?
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by ZeroTolerance: 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
koboko69:

36..oh, does it mean just 36 members must be present?
my bad
Illiterate fools. Spend time brushing up on your maths instead of opening useless threads.
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by goodgate: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
modhream:

You will do well to quote those sections of "Constitution" you refer to cos what you posit is definitely not in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,1999 as amended.Maybe you quote from that scrap of akara paper Iya Basira sold you this morning.
Go get acopy and read it,that's if you can afford it. Its just 1000 naira.
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by frankyychiji(f): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
deebsman1:
i won't trade words with u, cos am a beta and more intellectual person than u
huhuhuhuhu...painment! tongue
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by Franzeez(m): 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
deebsman1:
thank you, may be Bukky thought we r still leaving in that era of impunity. This pipu are even underestimating PMB, Baba should start dangling his axes and let them know who is in control.......see dem PDP as they are sharing posts among themselves.

Which axe? Today is the Inauguration o the 8th senate, so why won't senators elect be there? Perherps the Clerk of the House did his Job. Go and die Saraki is Senate President.
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by tuk2ato(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
There are 109 senators, 3 per state and 1 representing the FCT.
koboko69:

(1)The quorum of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall be one-third of all the members on of the Legislative House concerned.

(2) The quorum of a joint sitting of both the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall be one-third of all the members of both Houses.

Nigeria has 108 senators. Going by the constitution before any sitting can take place, one-thrid of members of the senate or house of assembly must be present.

Going by reports, just 57 senators were present today, which made the election unconstitutional.

**ok thanks for the correction**
36 Law makers actually needed

Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by modhream: 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
goodgate:
Go get acopy and read it,that's if you can afford it. Its just 1000 naira.
Nodcock,I have copies.Which is why I asked that you quote the phantom provisions you're relying on to console yourself.
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by goodgate: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
modhream:

Nodcock,I have copies.Which is why I asked that you quote the phantom provisions you're relying on to console yourself.
Hungry eediott read it through,or is that too much for you? Do not quote me again. DUNCE.
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by modhream: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
goodgate:
Hungry eediott read it through,or is that too much for you? Do not quote me again. DUNCE.
modhream:

Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by divinelove(m): 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
koboko69:

**ok thanks for the correction**
36 Law makers actually needed

u r a daft must u open a thread

simple maths u cant solve one - third of 108 is what? olodo
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by koboko69: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
divinelove:

u r a daft must u open a thread

simple maths u cant solve one - third of 108 is what? olodo

Why are u insulting your hopeless father?
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by divinelove(m): 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
koboko69:

Why are u insulting your hopeless father?

beta close this nonsense u call thread ode
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
dridowu:
Hmmm 2 contradictory point in op post. If 1/3, then ceteri paribus Saraki takes it till 2019 but if 2/3 then Saraki might loss.
Anyway, as at now Saraki is the Senate President and we must support him to move Nigeria forward

57 is still greater than 51.
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by Akiika: 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
Honestly, some dumb kids shouldn't be allowed to comment on anything here.
Imagine o! common arithmetic he/she no sabi....yet we go dey hear together dey argue on issues!
Chei, i don waste precious time here!
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by mafioso47(m): 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
modhream:

LMAO
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by Osakah24(m): 12:16am On Jun 10, 2015
Abeg close this thread before Nairalanders use curse's change your destiny ooh .
Re: OPINION: Why Saraki's Victory May Be Nullified. by petrolman(m): 12:57am On Jun 10, 2015
My fellow Nairalanders going by what actually happened today i suspect PMB is really sitting on gunpowder he should just be very careful because with the way the PDP are romancing saraki he might decamp anytime and now that the PDP is getting stronger from withing they may likely influence their other colleagues in the house to always truncate the good plans of Mr president at anytime he would refuse to dance to their tunes and may even threaten to impeach him at any fucking time
From my own point of view sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Council Boss Arraigned For Contract Scam / See The New Nigeria Police Salary Structure / Africa Records 21 Coup Attempts In Eight Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.