Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution (42365 Views)

National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health / Atiku: 3 Of My Daughters Are Getting Married Today / Real Truth About The Saraki Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by simplynola(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
8th Assembly - National Assembly of Rebels.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

I didn't watch the beginning of Senate's proceeding but the proclamation was read out in that of the HOR by the Clerk. from what I heard live and direct, he sent the proclamation on June 1st to the Clerk to inaugurate the NASS.

So, I believe the president did issue the proclamation.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Lastdon02(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by oluwatomisin93(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
am viewing this in 3D. if u are seeing it from my one view point pls click LIKE
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by nanalady(f): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Why would buhari be impeached...why are people worried he will be impeached...na wa ohh..some nairalanders are paranoid walahi...

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Chrylich(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
This

Is

Getting

Interesting
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by KoredeBellosMum(f): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
godofwar666:
caught you twice! grin
stalker
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Jaymima(f): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
This is getting interesting. Sidon-look na dog name.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tociano009(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
softnipples:
s
softnipples
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by MacluvPH(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
If you like quote 48 laws of power join the Nigerian Constitution always have it at the back of your mind that Bukola,Ekweremmadu and Mark have come to stay at the apex position of 8th NASS.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by dam4wummy(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
If the so called APC are really practising the democracy they cry, then why was lawan and his supporters not in the house?. I think buhari has no choice other than declaring sen. saraki as the speaker. At least saraki sef na APC now.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tolababa(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
I actually love this setting just that I don't like how they emerge

My nigeria dream of governance is there should be different party on the helm of affairs of different arm of govenment

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by dotcomnamename: 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
tociano009:
But I read online that proclamation was read before they start by house clerk

Who is fooling who

APC don enter one chance

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Humble77(m): 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Story 4 the Gods.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
zomoears:
3. Subject to the provisions of this constitution,the person elected as the President shall have power to issue a proclamation for the holding of the first session of the National Assembly immediately after his being sworn in or for its dissolution as provided for in this section.

Oya, Lawyers in the house, has the President issued a proclamation for the first sitting of the National Assembly?

Yes the President issued that proclamation which was read by the Clerk before voting started. Saraki's emergence fulfilled all legal and constitutional requirements. However, it is too early for any political party to rejoice. Saraki remains a member of the APC. The party could use its internal conflict resolution mechanism to resolve issues. The winner in the entire process are the ordinary Nigerians. We wont have a rubberstamp Senate leadership that will abide by the dictates of APC leadership. Kudos to President Buhari for insisting that National Assembly should elect its own leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by agog: 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki and his cohorts efforts might be in vain in the long run. One thing is sure: Buhari will not give his proclamation for the commencement of the 8th session which will lead to legal battle and defections.

zomoears:
3. Subject to the provisions of this constitution,the person elected as the President shall have power to issue a proclamation for the holding of the first session of the National Assembly immediately after his being sworn in or for its dissolution as provided for in this section.

Oya, Lawyers in the house, has the President issued a proclamation for the first sitting of the National Assembly?

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by ZUBY77(m): 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
The likes of Ike Ekweremadu would not proceed with the inauguration without due process. Remember he is a constitutional lawyer.

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Masculity(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
tempex88:
This thing na simple thing ooo... President was not there so no proclamation was issued and he can always deny any letter. If he should allow Saraki, he will be impeached before his tenure expires. mark my words. Buhari doesn not know how to play money politics like OBJ and GEJ.

that is the change we seek for. The difference between Buhari and others- curruption.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by charlesucheh(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
zomoears:

He has. He sent a written document which was read aloud by the clerk announcing the president's conscent to the house to have her first sitting on this day 9/06/2015 10:00am

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by donkas: 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
First page tinz nigeria nass is not different from nursery 1 class
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by komek(m): 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Barcanista where are you to teach us advance poltics

He is life in the house observing proceedings.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by doneyor(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
tempex88:
This thing na simple thing ooo... President was not there so no proclamation was issued and he can always deny any letter. If he should allow Saraki, he will be impeached before his tenure expires. mark my words. Buhari doesn not know how to play money politics like OBJ and GEJ.

Why are you reasoning like a kid? How on earth will a President deny the letter he wrote? This guys outsmarted Mr President. The Clarks weren't fools , the had all the constitutional back to proceed with the inauguration. Bro National Assembly isn't a playing ground

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by back2sender: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
They have started this assembly by BRIBES. Saraki cannot muster the strength to win except he connive with PDP of which Nigerians know there antecedents in terms of financial misappropriation and mismanagement of the state resources..

This will not stand because Buhari is there because of the power of the people. people should watch and see what will happen next.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tempex88(m): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
HumbleFarmer:
are you now encouraging the President to deny his letter of authorization? is that not corruption?

If I were in his shoe, I will withdraw it. its up to him to decide what to do. Already, with today's happening, he has 57 anti-APC senators better put has anti Buhari Senators.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by informato: 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
buhari truely BELONGS to everybody...and to nobody ( APC)

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by stinggy(m): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
brixton:
the APC shot itself, I never wanted Bukola as SP but we will have to live with him now.

What does this mean for Gbajabiamila? Are we going to have the VP, SP and HoR speaker from the SW?
Saraki is Yoruba but not from SW.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by softnipples(f): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Barcanista where are you to teach us advance poltics
This is constitutional matters and not politics undecided

You should be calling on lawyers to interpret the provisions of the constitution and not politicians cool
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tempex88(m): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
tociano009:
But I read online that proclamation was read before they start by house clerk

Who is fooling who

APC don enter one chance

from all the ones that have happended before today, president goes to the house to read proclamation himself not through the clerk. I heard clerk received letter though
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
brixton:
the APC shot itself, I never wanted Bukola as SP but we will have to live with him now.

What does this mean for Gbajabiamila? Are we going to have the VP, SP and HoR speaker from the SW?

saraki is from NC not SW fella
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by sss2015: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
agog:
Saraki and his cohorts efforts might be in vain in the long run. One thing is sure: Buhari will not give his proclamation for the commencement of the 8th session which will lead to legal battle and defections.

Mumu read before you comment.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by AnneMomoh: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by lionduke(m): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
tempex88:

The presidential letter carries official seal. It's not love letter

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Decomposing Bodies’ Of Nigerian Soldiers In Gubio -TheCable / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / President Goodluck Jonathan Regime Signed TSA Agreement With 1% Fee - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.