Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,716 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President (12511 Views)

Adeosun Pleads With National Assembly To Cut CBN Governor’s Powers / Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding / Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by ElDeeVee(m): 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
I think pdp made a big mistake today...since there were 57 members present earlier today, it means 49 PDP and a mere 8 APC members were there. It means a PDP member would have emerged president if he was nominated by his party man. That worked for Ekweremadu for DSP

That would have been interesting and would have showed Saraki d real meaning of Betrayal
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by UkwuNnu(m): 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
MizMyColi:
Obigaelli Gboliwe Passingshot
Come.
Lunch is Ready.

*Grabs Popcorn*

Let's share. grin grin
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by otokx(m): 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
Any update
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by dave2meek(m): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
Just watching these guys
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by 9jatriot(m): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
eagleeye2:

I have no personal interest in whatever that happened at the NASS today. But I hate it when people are being hypocritics as the APC supporters.
The TAMBUWAL debacle is not far from our memory and many people hailed it as GOOD FOR DEMOCRACY. NOW WHY CAN'T WE ALL HAIL THE EMERGENCE OF SARAKI AS GOOD FOR DEMOCRACY? WHY?

Tambuwal was elected with all the members present, Saraki played a fast one which is really the crux of the matter here. Without a united APC front, Saraki would have probably still won free and fair because of his PDP friends, he did not need to play this trick.

I even hear he read his oat in a hurry so that the others do not return before he finishes. That means he knew what he was doing.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by 9jatriot(m): 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
ElDeeVee:
I think pdp made a big mistake today...since there were 57 members present earlier today, it means 49 PDP and a mere 8 APC members were there. It means a PDP member would have emerged president if he was nominated by his party man. That worked for Ekweremadu for DSP

That would have been interesting and would have showed Saraki d real meaning of Betrayal

Exactly, but it also begs the question what APC meant to achieve by been away from the venue of a scheduled meeting at a time they should have been there. The whole thing does not make sense at all to me. If PMB was not around, did they call his mobile to confirm if he was still coming or not or if he even scheduled the meeting in the first place.

This drama is too sensational, I can't get my head round it.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by eagleeye2: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
9jatriot:

Tambuwal was elected with all the members present, Saraki played a fast one which is really the crux of the matter here. Without a united APC front, Saraki would have probably still won free and fair because of his PDP friends, he did not need to play this trick.

I even hear he read his oat in a hurry so that the others do not return before he finishes. That means he knew what he was doing.
My question is, what were the other APC Senators doing at the time he was elected Senate President The Inauguration for the 8th SENATE Assembly was not fixed today. So what where their excuse for not being there when Saraki carried out his 'COUP'.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by MalcoImX: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
frankyychiji:
Atiku. Did you forget the nPdp caucus in Apc is also a formidable force? They have only taken their share.
Okay oo! Let's wait and see how it pans out. But let them 'member that Baba has unpaid fanatical supporters.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by eagleeye2: 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
9jatriot:

Exactly, but it also begs the question what APC meant to achieve by been away from the venue of a scheduled meeting at a time they should have been there. The whole thing does not make sense at all to me. If PMB was not around, did they call his mobile to confirm if he was still coming or not or if he even scheduled the meeting in the first place.

EXACTLY my point. Where did they go? Saraki could not have pulled this off if they where in the SENATE Chamber.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by 9jatriot(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
eagleeye2:

My question is, what were the other APC Senators doing at the time he was elected Senate President The Inauguration for the 8th SENATE Assembly was not fixed today. So what where their excuse for not being there when Saraki carried out his 'COUP'.

Frankly, that is the same question I am trying to answer, look up at my response to eldeevee, its the same thing I said. Today's voodoo beats ordinary magic, it does not make sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by ElDeeVee(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
9jatriot:

Its a serious issue mehn
I don't think this APC can handle the national politics
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by Pheals(f): 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
deebsman1:
gbekele gbekele, arugbo jegbese........
Maa saan elo ni arugbo je

nigeria politicians are very very stupid... They are doing things as if they are home makers awon oloribu oloshi

1 Like

Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by 9jatriot(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
eagleeye2:

EXACTLY my point. Where did they go? Saraki could not have pulled this off if they where in the SENATE Chamber.

Looking at it from another angle, Saraki actually ensured that APC got the ticket, PDP could have simply done their thing while APC was anywhere but where they were suppose to be. I will try and follow this story to the end. It has defiled all the logic I know. Even PDP sympathizers should seek explanation, this thing does not make sense at all.

4 Likes

Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by Waspy(m): 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki.. ..the Lionel Messi of Nigerian politics. Hmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by frankyychiji(f): 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
Okay oo! Let's wait and see how it pans out. But let them 'member that Baba has unpaid fanatical supporters.
Don't tell me you underestimate the power of the nPdp caucus in Apc. Buhari's already knows this and has embraced Atiku and Amaechi tightly grin
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by MaziOmenuko: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
goodgate:
No it did not meet all legal requirements,as the president was absent and there was no letter of proclaimation sent.

Its been confirmed that the president actually sent a letter which was read before the election started.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by hnuadmissions(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
2015/2016 Admissions Into HUNAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY,CHINA- SEPTEMBER 2015. by hnuadmissions(m): 7:32am

2015/2016 Admissions into HUNAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY,CHINA

HUNAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY, CHINA SEPTEMBER 2015 ADMISSIONS. APPLY NOW!!!

English Taught Programs: Computer Science, Hotel Tourism & Management and Clinical Medicine (MBBS).

Documents required -

1.) Hunan Normal University Application Form
2.) Medical Examination Form of Hunan Normal University
3.) Scan copies of your High school certificate and result-WAEC, GCE O/Level etc
4.) Scan copy of your VALID Passport Data Page.
5.) Scan copy of your recent POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE, issued by the police department of your country

APPLICATIONS PROCEDURES

Read through the details and E-mail to us the relevant documents- hnuadmissions@outlook.com

1. Go over the courses on offer and choose a course and tell us your chosen courses .

2. Complete the Application Forms of of Hunan Normal University (we will send the form to you on request).

2. Complete the Medical Examination Form for International Students of Hunan Normal University(we will send the form to you on request).

3. Scan- send copies of your High school certificate and result- GCE O/Level etc

4. Scan-send a copy of your VALID Passport Data Page.

5. Scan-send a copy of your recent POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE, issued by the police department of your country

Successful Applicant can be sure of getting their Official admission notice Letter and the JW202 visa letter ready for pick up or posting around 4

weeks after submitting and processing the application.

CONTACT : HUNAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY- Overseas Admissions Coordinators(African Students)

MR James/Joe/Mao (Tel/Whatsapp/Text; +8615580837024
E-mail : hnuadmissions@outlook.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hunan-Normal-University-Admissions-for-African-Students/397888570392257
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by PhockPhockMan: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Plshavmercyamen:
What Saraki did is MORALLY wrong but LEGALLY right. And APC's move at this point "IF" true, is totally unnecessary. They should accept the emergence of Saraki as the senate President while looking for other ways/opportunity to have their revenge. And my advise to PMB, though he has been grossly disrespected by Saraki, he should not get involve now. He should work with Saraki while seeking for more "coded" ways to punish him for disrespect cos If anything goes wrong if any commotion starts, he(BUHARI) wil take sole responsibility as the president and Leader of Nigeria NOT APC. Udo diri unu
Nwanne, did you hold this same view when Tinubu did the same thing to PDP through Tambuwal?
I do respect your views on some issues, but for this, I'm disappointed.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by goodgate: 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Its been confirmed that the president actually sent a letter which was read before the election started.
Ok, then APC needs to go back and have a full scale reconciliation of all aggrieved members and consolidation of its walls,there must be no cracks.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by PhockPhockMan: 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

The more reason democracy may not be the answer in Africa.
cool
People like you is reason democracy is not the answer in Africa.
Why cant you accept defeat?
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by Osama10(m): 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
WE WOULD FORM A PARALLEL SENATE. grin grin grin
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by Plshavmercyamen: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Nwanne, did you hold this same view when Tinubu did the same thing to PDP through Tambuwal?
I do respect your views on some issues, but for this, I'm disappointed.
Nwanne, you may do well to "repost" my position on that. And please note, Tambuwal NEVER picked any person outside his then party(PDP) as his deputy and the "disrespect" to party leaders wasn't that obvious as this. Udo diri gi
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by Plshavmercyamen: 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
frankyychiji:
How did Saraki disrespect Buhari? Is Buhari a senator?
My submission was premised on the backdrop of earlier report that Buhari convened and was meeting with APC senators elect. Udo diri gi
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by jaymichael(m): 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
Plshavmercyamen:
What Saraki did is MORALLY wrong but LEGALLY right. And APC's move at this point "IF" true, is totally unnecessary. They should accept the emergence of Saraki as the senate President while looking for other ways/opportunity to have their revenge. And my advise to PMB, though he has been grossly disrespected by Saraki, he should not get involve now. He should work with Saraki while seeking for more "coded" ways to punish him for disrespect cos If anything goes wrong if any commotion starts, he(BUHARI) wil take sole responsibility as the president and Leader of Nigeria NOT APC. Udo diri unu
You've saud it all.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by MalcoImX: 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
frankyychiji:
Don't tell me you underestimate the power of the nPdp caucus in Apc. Buhari's already knows this and has embraced Atiku and Amaechi tightly grin
Well, the coming days will reveal many things. I also learnt somewhere that PDP is doing all these so that Buhari's anti-corruption effort is crippled even before it starts.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by PassingShot(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

People like you is reason democracy is not the answer in Africa.
Why cant you accept defeat?
Since you couldn't decode my message, the sensible thing to do was to ask for clarification.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by elohorayodele: 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
they promised forming a parallel govt, maybe they are just fulfilling their wish. the idiots seem to have forgotten saraki is also an APC senator
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by millhouse: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
So your support for what happened is simply to be against Tinubu's perceived hands?
before??. This is the NASS oga and not bourdillion state house of assembly
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by millhouse: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
eagleeye2:

I have no personal interest in whatever that happened at the NASS today. But I hate it when people are being hypocritics as the APC supporters.
The TAMBUWAL debacle is not far from our memory and many people hailed it as GOOD FOR DEMOCRACY. NOW WHY CAN'T WE ALL HAIL THE EMERGENCE OF SARAKI AS GOOD FOR DEMOCRACY? WHY?
3 orijin for you there
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by mira4u: 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
Wish I can understand this. Last time I checked, it was David Mark who won the seat of the senate president.
Re: Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President by BLOTRS: 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
Franzeez:

Can non senators Impeach a senate president? The APC senators are not senators because they refused to be sworn in. They have to now wait till next week when Senate President Saraki will instruct the Clerk to swear them in, because the clerk can no longer swear anyone in on his own power since there is a senate President

loving this drama

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

S’ South May Get Deputy Senate Presidency – Oshiomhole / Kwara APC Crisis: Lai Mohammed Faction Threatens To Work Against Party / Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.