Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil (46082 Views)

India Seeks To Import 11m Metric Tonnes Of Nigerian Crude In 2017 / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk / Nigeria: U.S. Organizes Global Boycott Of Nigerian Crude Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by AhmedMustapha(m): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
kenex4ever:
how will they know when they are deep rooted in tribalism and hate.
The same tribalism and hate engineered by Jonathan and his men?
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Lionsclaw: 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
Good for us. Lets go back to cocoa groundnut and palmoil. We will suffer a while but we will survive and the same China will come begging for investments in Nigeria. We are the cause of all these insults with our laziness. You will be amazed that some eurpoean nations doing well today dont have natural resources yet they are more developed than Nigeria.
Truth is even China knows that they are the ones who will lose but they are only capitalizing on our extravant lifestyle and the wide disparity between the rich and the poor.
For heavens sake call them bluff, cut recurrent expenditure by 80% (yes! even if the president has to recieve 50k monthly),target small African countries for our small small exports of food products and Aba made products and we can survive on the change we make from it while we produce our own energy.
Must we look for buyer of our oil and in the process become slaves to the rest of the world? See US already preparing to use us to do yeye and now Chinese don join. Lets do the needful for once

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by denedene(m): 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
JONATHAN'S TENURE - USA STOPS IMPORTING OUR CRUDE, WE SUFFERED. CHINA CAME TO OUR RESCUE AS WE SHUNNED THE WEST AND EMBRACED RUSSIA.

BUHARI'S WEEKS OLD TENURE- EMBRACED THE WEST WHO PLAN TO REINVEST IN OUR OIL, CHINA OPTS OUT.

INTERNATIONAL POLITICS TAKING FULL EFFECT, THEY SHOULD PLEASE NOT DECIDE OUR COUNTRY O!

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Dollyak(f): 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
chigoizie7:

Ok, please tell me more, I am eager to learn.
it's a bit of a common sense that African countries are not that important in global trades as much as every other continent. Most countries(esp Asia) now have most of the natural resources we depend on.

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by persius555(m): 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dollyak:

I am loving the fact we might have to learn the hard way. When a few of us kept telling most nigerians to open their eyes to the wastefulness of politicians they didn't listen. Now poverty should force them to.
Nigeria is too rich and blessed to be impoverished. We just need to change our psyche. Its not going to be business as usual, the new govt somehow gives me hope that we can get it right again. Nigeria needs prudent managers not the set of nicompoos we have had in the last three decades.

4 Likes

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by juman(m): 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
IzonOwei:
i have said it that one day no one would go out to vote,rather we mob our leaders and strangle each of them right at their homes...its going to dawn on us pretty soon...this is a nation that has so much but has decided to pitch its tent solely on oil and its proceeds...desperate times calls for desperate measures...we would have no choice but to divest and explore other means of generating revenue for the country other than oil...I think at some point true federalism would be agreed by all for all of us to move forward and not starve to death...

You are right.

I think I also stated here on this forum about four years ago that considering the way the useless nigerian "leaders" dey govern a time would come when they would not have money to run their government anymore. That time is today.

2 Likes

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by quickly: 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
MugabeRobert:

What's the difference between akara and moi moi?

Believe me, in 20 years many countries would ban the use of fossil fuel. Just Google Elon Musk's Tesla solar cell that are not up to the size of briefcase and can power a whole house. Just 160 million units are required to take the whole of US of the grid and produce clean and green energy. You know the most interesting thing about them? they are very cheap and the technology is an open source, meaning every tom can create one from the comforts of their homes. Tesla batteries

Are we to also talk about super cars that can run a full day on salt water? Or multiple brands of solar and electric cars?

As long as fire wood , coal , kerosene has not been banned they can never ban oil.

The batteries u are talking of are they going to make it self from nothing?

U need minerals or chemicals to make the battery.

Oil will remain forever but the real profit of oil is selling refined oil and also making products from oil.

When we do that then NNPC can have petrol stations all over the world just like shell , exxon mobil and chevron do
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Lionsclaw: 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
Kennywills7:
İnteresting
Buhari better do something fast, if not d curses dat people will impose on him will b worst than dat of gej
İf u don't act fast and find buyers for d crude oil, b prepare to receive insults even from ur own supporters
We all know more than 70% of our revenue is goten from oil
So if we can't sell that means no more billions to b allocated to states to pay workers, not to talk of building bridges
Shame on you and the people that like your post. And someone like you will join to call gej clueless. Is this not cluelessness you are showing.
Your first inclination should not be to tell the world you cannot survive without oil. If China says no to us we cannot kill our president because no one wants to buy. We should rather keep the oil, cut down our expenses and produce other things that some other countries can buy from us.
Do you know that if Innoson Motors produce cars for small African countries and Nollywood sell enof entertainment to those small African countries who worship Nigeria we can make enof cash from there to run the country. It may not be enof but imagine if we cut down bogus spending in govt and our domestic lives then the cash will be more than what we are getting now from oil.
The content of your skull is called a brain; use it.

3 Likes

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Pamelayoung: 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
lazy parasites cool cool

all they are thinking about is oil that they took by force after the civil war ,

and creating divisions among ethnic owners while they silently owed the 90% of oil well in our land .

we are mad and we want you to stop this stealing and stop this 1 Nigeria madness .

we don't want oil, we want our land back now for fishing and farming . we are peasants .

What are you saying
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by kenex4ever(m): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

The same tribalism and hate engineered by Jonathan and his men?
Jonathan brought love and peace to nigerian politics.
I didn't like buhari 2months ago because of d violence he causes when ever he loses an election but I am beginning to like him because he said he is for everybody and he has shown today dat he is against godfatherism.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
chigoizie7:

Ok, please tell me more, I am eager to learn.

There's nothing to learn. We might actually be consumers of 80% of Chinese FAKE products. So you can be right if you put it that way.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by persius555(m): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
denedene:
JONATHAN'S TENURE - USA STOPS IMPORTING OUR CRUDE, WE SUFFERED. CHINA CAME TO OUR RESCUE AS WE SHUNNED THE WEST AND EMBRACED RUSSIA.

BUHARI'S WEEKS OLD TENURE- EMBRACED THE WEST WHO PLAN TO REINVEST IN OUR OIL, CHINA OPTS OUT.

INTERNATIONAL POLITICS TAKING FULL EFFECT, THEY SHOULD PLEASE NOT DECIDE OUR COUNTRY O!
The earlier PMB realises that in international politics, only those with the market and technology have a certain level of leverage and advantage the better for the smooth running of this economy under his govt. It is the USA and China that needs us not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Pamelayoung: 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lionsclaw:
Good for us. Lets go back to cocoa groundnut and palmoil. We will suffer a while but we will survive and the same China will come begging for investments in Nigeria. We are the cause of all these insults with our laziness. You will be amazed that some eurpoean nations doing well today dont have natural resources yet they are more developed than Nigeria.
Truth is even China knows that they are the ones who will lose but they are only capitalizing on our extravant lifestyle and the wide disparity between the rich and the poor.
For heavens sake call them bluff, cut recurrent expenditure by 80% (yes! even if the president has to recieve 50k monthly),target small African countries for our small small exports of food products and Aba made products and we can survive on the change we make from it while we produce our own energy.
Must we look for buyer of our oil and in the process become slaves to the rest of the world? See US already preparing to use us to do yeye and now Chinese don join. Lets do the needful for once

You have just said my mind. Good 4 Nig. Thats wat happens when you put all your eggs in one basket.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Anyi3(m): 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
appini:

Do you believe china just discovered that our oil is light crude?

Forgiveness is a sin in china.

I just put two links where you can check to see that India too has reduced the importation of Nigeria's crude oil
See this quote from one of the links "

India is also the largest buyer of Venezuelan crudes and with refineries getting more and more complex in the sub-continent, Indian demand for light sweet crudes is expected to tail off. The world’s largest refinery complex situated in Jamnagar in the western state of Gujarat in India, operated by Reliance, runs primarily on heavy crudes, dominated largely by oils from the Middle East and Latin America."

So are you going to also say India too hates US and so hate Nigeria? Please answer me this.

http://uncova.com/nnpc-begins-desperate-search-for-crude-oil-buyers-as-china-cuts-its-nigerian-purchases
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/india-china-cut-crude-oil-imports-from-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by 989900: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
MugabeRobert:

What's the difference between akara and moi moi?

Believe me, in 20 years many countries would ban the use of fossil fuel. Just Google Elon Musk's Tesla solar cell that are not up to the size of briefcase and can power a whole house. Just 160 million units are required to take the whole of US of the grid and produce clean and green energy. You know the most interesting thing about them? they are very cheap and the technology is an open source, meaning every tom can create one from the comforts of their homes. Tesla batteries

Are we to also talk about super cars that can run a full day on salt water? Or multiple brands of solar and electric cars?

The sad part is, we are not even selling either 'Akara' or 'Moi-moi', we'r not even selling 'shafted' beans -- all we we'r selling are beans in pods.

Sooner or later we will definitely find some cheap, safe, and versatile alternative to fossil fuels; the question is when? 30, 100, 200 years?

If anyone told me in 1985 that, the whole world won't be solar powered 30 years later, I'd think they'r so myopic. Alas! Here we are, 30 years later, though seemingly closer, yet far from it. And we'r talking 'bout almost 200 years after our sojourn of this 'solar-powered-earth' quest.

The crazy part is, most alternative energy options still need either coal or fossil fuels for re-generation/sustainability. The salt water powered car and like projects, still have a long way to go to be of practical use in our everyday lives. Apart from the technological shortcomings, cost, safety concerns, and the like, you still have to factor in the political/merchant's side of the coin into these projects coming to their desired fruition and availability.

Tesla (Nikola) had many dope stuffs going on, from neon lamps to cancer curing frequency machines (same did Rife), most of these inventions over 150 years later are yet to see their desired fruition.

The practical thing going forward, while we develop/utilize 'all' our natural resources and industries, would be to step up our game in the oil industry (stop importing refined sh.!t, and start exporting . . . between 1991 and 1992, while oil sold at roughly a paltry $15/barrel, we were generating excess of $300m in refined products sales . . . after IBB and co. 'took' theirs), take advantage of our population and our neighbours, extract every kobo we can from the 'service industry' (that's the new kid on the block now . . . even for developed economies).

While we plan/strategize towards wherever the tech and energy industries are headed next.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by babilicious: 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ifyikillz:
Some goats will blame buhari
oooh...!! Goats abi....when Gej was blamed for all that went wrong in nigeria u did nothing but supported the critics....and now you're trying to persuade pple from blaming PMB......is called "karma" and its finally caught up with Buhari and his supporters......hahahahahahah....you've seen nothing yet

3 Likes

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Anyi3(m): 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dollyak:

it's a bit of a common sense that African countries are not that important in global trades as much as every other continent. Most countries(esp Asia) now have most of the natural resources we depend on.

Thank you. Some people still think this is part of a vendetta against US. I see many conspiracy theories on this thread while it's a simple analysis especially in terms of African countries who like you said are not key players in global trade.

Sudan has many sanctions over them at the moment but Sudan produces most of the Gum arabic used in the world. Guess what, there is no sanction in buying gum arabic from Sudan.
As far as people need what you are selling and don't have alternatives they'd buy it.
China simply doesn't need Nigeria's crude that much anymore.

Let's pick up agriculture, everybody needs that.

5 Likes

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by chigoizie7(m): 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sincere4u:

There's nothing to learn. We might actually be consumers of 80% of Chinese FAKE products. So you can be right if you put it that way.

Ok, good
Dats what I meant.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by denedene(m): 10:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
persius555:
The earlier PMB realises that in international politics, only those with the market and technology have a certain level of leverage and advantage the better for the smooth running of this economy under his govt. It is the USA and China that needs us not the other way round.
you are so right bro! our leaders lack the rudiments of politics.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Nicepoker(m): 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
MugabeRobert:
Good, time to drink your worthless oyel. The only people keeping crude oil prices high are the Saudis aka US puppets.

really
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by troot: 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
MugabeRobert:

Today is the happiest day of my life. cheesy
you don finally f-uc+k that girl shey.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by mbz101(m): 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
It's high time will stop our lazy act and depend on finish products when will have clue on what the raw crude oil can generate , Innovation is the mother of advancement .. We need to start building refineries across the nation while will can export out finish products as time goes on ... Brillent , innovative and focus governance can lead us to our promise land .i love Nigeria..I hate crook politicians
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Stylaay(m): 10:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Our leaders day of reckoning is fast approaching. They plundered a country so blessed by God raped it and think they will get away with it. When the poor are hungry the rich can't sleep. All these mansions politicians are buying all over abuja i laff. When reality hits nigeria in the nearest future they will leave thier houses and run. The beast in Nigerians would soon be unleashed when the fallout of cripping poverty descendes onthis oil dependant nation. The prediction of the west is still lurking around the corner i fear for this country

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Kennywills7(m): 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lionsclaw:
Shame on you and the people that like your post. And someone like you will join to call gej clueless. Is this not cluelessness you are showing.
Your first inclination should not be to tell the world you cannot survive without oil. If China says no to us we cannot kill our president because no one wants to buy. We should rather keep the oil, cut down our expenses and produce other things that some other countries can buy from us.
Do you know that if Innoson Motors produce cars for small African countries and Nollywood sell enof entertainment to those small African countries who worship Nigeria we can make enof cash from there to run the country. It may not be enof but imagine if we cut down bogus spending in govt and our domestic lives then the cash will be more than what we are getting now from oil.
The content of your skull is called a brain; use it.
Bros take am easy o
Have u bother to check my posts to know who i supported in last elections or where or which region i am from?
Well am a proud supporter of Gej and that's who i voted for and am from Delta state, so pls try to know certain information before concluding and insulting me
Am in support of d rest part of ur post except the first part, thank u
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by lookingfly: 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Jonathan is good luck,Buhari is badluck
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Lionsclaw: 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Kennywills7:

Bros take am easy o
Have u bother to check my posts to know who i supported in last elections or where or which region i am from?
Well am a proud supporter of Gej and that's who i voted for and am from Delta state, so pls try to know certain information before concluding and insulting me
Am in support of d rest part of ur post except the first part, thank u
Sorry my guy, didnt mean to insult (and still dont think my use of the word 'shame' to be insult nevertheless I am sorry.) Me too I supported gej but as a principle I wont insult my president because I didnt vote him, rather I will support him for my own good. At least that makes me better than the apc robots.
Good we agree on the later part. Sorry if you feel embarassed

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by kobonaire(m): 11:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
atlwireles:

Better than a photo up and handshake.
There is not much incentive for US/UK to invest in Nigeria's railroad infrastructure. Folks should not be sensitive about it, nothing personal.
Nigeria is still attractive to foreign investment in other sectors.

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by ojimbo(m): 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mbaka said that GEJ is badluck, that he met out naira and the value decrease, he met our oil and the price went down. I wonder what he will say now that his buhari has assumed the office and we don't even have buyers again
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Fearcom(m): 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
babilicious:
oooh...!! Goats abi....when Gej was blamed for all that went wrong in nigeria u did nothing but supported the critics....and now you're trying to persuade pple from blaming PMB......is called "karma" and its finally caught up with Buhari and his supporters......hahahahahahah....you've seen nothing yet

Buhari has been in power for only eleven days. It is sheer stupidityy to blame Him for anything at this stage. Secondly, GEJ said openly that he and his ministers should prepare for hard times as it likely they be persecuted for some of the decisions thy took while in power. Thirdly GEJ begged for forgiveness for those he said he may have offended and were adversely affected by the decisions he and his team took while in office.

2 Likes

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by princemillla(m): 11:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
It's time to pick the cutlass and hoe
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Kennywills7(m): 11:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lionsclaw:
Sorry my guy, didnt mean to insult (and still dont think my use of the word 'shame' to be insult nevertheless I am sorry.) Me too I supported gej but as a principle I wont insult my president because I didnt vote him, rather I will support him for my own good. At least that makes me better than the apc robots.
Good we agree on the later part. Sorry if you feel embarassed
U are welcome bro
As for d insult part (insulting d president) i was referring to a set of people, for me i won't join in insulting d president though his supporters insulted Gej more times than i can remember, all d same i wish d president d best of luck

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by 19naia(m): 11:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nigeria better reform the sweet deals china gets in Nigeria's mining and other industries..
Nigerians are set to start doing their own work and keepng their own profit, rather than outsourcing to foriegn companies who come in and fleece the country of more than they bring into it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Men Pose With The Money They Are About To Cash Out At The ATM / Conspiracy Theory Of What Could ‘happen’ To Naira/dollar In The Next Few Weeks / Akwa Ibom International Mall Ready For Inauguration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.