Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi (1544 Views)

United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Tinubu Will Have The Last Laugh- By Gr8amechi / PDP Senators Celebrate After Emergence Of Saraki As Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Gr8amechi: 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
I have been a dedicated follower of senator Bukola Saraki until today but with his actions today put great fears in my heart about how he betrayed his party today just to achieve his own personal ambitions, this means he can as well sell out the nation if need be to make him president, though I have always wanted him to be SP I never understood why Tinubu never wanted him till now, for those happy about this I feel we should think twice, how can a man betray his party completely ?? how can he sell out the position of DSP to PDP does it mean no APC senator in his camp worth it?? Buhari will regret his silence over this very issue......note this and check back 2019 Saraki will be Nigerian president at all cost

2 Likes

Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by babyfaceafrica: 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
Gr8amechi:
I have been a dedicated follower of senator Bukola Saraki until today but with his actions today put great fears in my heart about how he betrayed his party today just to achieve his own personal ambitions, this means he can as well sell out the nation if need be to make him president, though I have always wanted him to be SP I never understood why Tinubu never wanted him till now, for those happy about this I feel we should think twice, how can a man betray his party completely ?? how can he sell out the position of DSP to PDP does it mean no APC senator in his camp worth it?? Buhari will regret his silence over this very issue......note this and check back 2019 Saraki will be Nigerian president at all cost
so sad..but what are the APC going to do about it?..let's just look as the story unfolds.....I do not like disloyal people!!!
Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Ezenwammadu(m): 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
Politics is a game of intrest not that if friends and enemies.

When tambuwal did his own you guys cheered him
When saraki defected you guys went ballistic

3 Likes

Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Unblockable: 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
Gr8amechi:

I was enjoying your write-up until I got to where you said he would be Nigeria's President at all cost come 2019. Buhari might regret his silence but there's never a way Saraki would become the President. Lemme tell you, with what happen today, Northeast would never support a Presidential Candidate from the North Central zone in the nearest future, they would rather support a Southerner because they felt betrayed by Saraki. Also, lemme assure you that the Yorubas would never support Saraki come 2019 if their son (Osinbajo) is still in the permutation. Northwest would always be for Buhari. Northeast would still support Buhari. His only stronghold is Kwara or maybe some part of Kogi. Saraki would surely regret this.

Does the Senate President have immunity

2 Likes

Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by DickDastardly(m): 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
Judas of Ubima betrayed his SS people and PDP, but APC celebrated him as agent of COMMON SENSE revolution. Pls respect the right of SARAKI and DOGARA to be voted for.
One nasty turn deserves another.cool

2 Likes

Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Gr8amechi: 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
DickDastardly:
Judas of Ubima betrayed his SS people and PDP, but APC celebrated him as agent of COMMON SENSE revolution. Pls respect the right of SARAKI and DOGARA to be voted for.
don't get me wrong, first and foremost Senator saraki is my senate president, I give him all the respect for achieving that feet, you can't compare this to Amechi issue and note am not against Saraki SP but selling the position of the DSP to PDP is where there is issue and then one begins to wonder if he truly has the interest of the nation at heart

1 Like

Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Gr8amechi: 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
Unblockable:

I was enjoying your write-up until I got to where you said he would be Nigeria's President at all cost come 2019. Buhari might regret his silence but there's never a way Saraki would become the President. Lemme tell you, with what happen today, Northeast would never support a Presidential Candidate from the North Central zone in the nearest future, they would rather support a Southerner because they felt betrayed by Saraki. Also, lemme assure you that the Yorubas would never support Saraki come 2019 if their son (Osinbajo) is still in the permutation. Northwest would always be for Buhari. Northeast would still support Buhari. His only stronghold is Kwara or maybe some part of Kogi. Saraki would surely regret this.

Does the Senate President have immunity
Note my points all these are build up for 2019 just like Tambuwal was, note also if Saraki nd Ike makes Buhari tenure to fail it will be a sell out for their president and VP ticket that would most likely revive PDP or form a new party, note also that Saraki is ambitious and getting this means getting anything. I have always supported him, even on Twitter and Facebook because I felt the npdp need to be compensated but note this way, not selling the position of the DSP

2 Likes

Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
DickDastardly:

Jonathan was d betrayal not Amaechi. After Jonathan promise all d people dat made him president that he will do one term, he betrayed all of them in d process destroying PDP just 4 his Ambition. Jonathan is d worst form of betrayal and desperation.

Jonathan was d first to support a Northerner Against Amaechi in Nigeria Governors Forum when Amaechi was still in PDP. Jonathan is a great betrayal.

Ameachi never betrayed Jonathan. he never back stab jonathan. Ameachi dis like Jonathan. he never hid his dislike. Amaechi told d whole nation how much he dis like jonathan and his wife as far back as 2years ago. Amaechi and Jonathan were open enemies.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Gr8amechi: 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
atbu1983:

Jonathan was d betrayal not Amaechi. After Jonathan promise all d people dat made him president that he will do one term, he betrayed all of them in d process destroying PDP just 4 his Ambition. Jonathan is d worst form of betrayal and desperation.

Jonathan was d first to support a Northerner Against Amaechi in Nigeria Governors Forum when Amaechi was still in PDP. Jonathan is a great betrayal.

Ameachi never betrayed Jonathan. he never back stab jonathan. Ameachi dis like Jonathan. he never hid his dislike. Amaechi told d whole nation how much he dis like jonathan and his wife as far back as 2years ago. Amaechi and Jonathan were open enemies.
that is one thing they fail to acknowledge, this will really take a back step as things move on

1 Like

Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Unblockable: 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
Gr8amechi:
Note my points all these are build up for 2019 just like Tambuwal was, note also if Saraki nd Ike makes Buhari tenure to fail it will be a sell out for their president and VP ticket that would most likely revive PDP or form a new party, note also that Saraki is ambitious and getting this means getting anything. I have always supported him, even on Twitter and Facebook because I felt the npdp need to be compensated but note this way, not selling the position of the DSP

I've always supported him as well but when I realised that the defunct ANPP hasn't got anything tangible from the APC, I withdrew my support. President is CPC, VP is ACN, the Senate President should come from the ANPP. Anyway, since Saraki's thirst for power has rendered the calculation null and void, then Ogbonnaya Onu of the defunct ANPP should be made the SGF!

Saraki shall surely fail...If 56 APC Senators should unite, they would only need about 10 PDP Senators who may have felt betrayed by Saraki then to oust him. To get those 10 won't be hard. 5 core Northern PDP Senators would perform the magic. Note that Ali Ndume has been betrayed and he's back to his normal senses now!

1 Like

Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by UnknownT: 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Politics is a game of intrest not that if friends and enemies.

When tambuwal did his own you guys cheered him
When saraki defected you guys went ballistic
Saraki has not yet defected body dey dem like this. O ga eme ha voom na anya
Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Gr8amechi: 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
isilove lalastica cc
Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Day11(m): 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
What Saraki did today is beyond politics.

My heart goes to Buhari. May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by duality(m): 12:01am On Jun 10, 2015
Gr8amechi:

I'd like you to honestly state why you din't feel this way when be betrayed the party, that brought him to limelight, that made him governor , that made him senator...

Can you honestly say it.
Re: Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi by Gr8amechi: 9:17am On Jun 10, 2015
duality:

I'd like you to honestly state why you din't feel this way when be betrayed the party, that brought him to limelight, that made him governor , that made him senator...

Can you honestly say it.
this case is different because he sold out DSP to another party if he and another APC guy clinch d position then I would not feel this way but with this APC may not hold to leadership if the Nass up to few years

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Take Down Surveillance Plane In Borno / Throwback Picture Of Gen Yakubu Gowon On His Wedding Day / (photo) Are These Zoo Soldiers Preparing For War Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.